02 Sep, 12:04PM in sunny Singapore!

Did very badly in Singapore A Levels can take the British A

Subscribe to Did very badly in Singapore A Levels can take the British A 3 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    3 posts since Mar '10
    • Hi

I screwed up my A Levels big time. I want to retake it...but I dont want to wait until November again? Apparently can take British A Levels here, but slightly different syllabus? The exams start in June. Has anyone took the British A Levels before? They also have a different syllabus e.g. I didnt learn Group IV, Nitrogen compounds, sulphur for Chemistry, how do I learn them as I think reading from textbooks is not enough. There is also an introduction of an A* grade. Can anyine please advise me? Thank you...

1,806 posts since Jan '09
    • Originally posted by Tissuerexx:

Hi

I screwed up my A Levels big time. I want to retake it...but I dont want to wait until November again? Apparently can take British A Levels here, but slightly different syllabus? The exams start in June. Has anyone took the British A Levels before? They also have a different syllabus e.g. I didnt learn Group IV, Nitrogen compounds, sulphur for Chemistry, how do I learn them as I think reading from textbooks is not enough. There is also an introduction of an A* grade. Can anyine please advise me? Thank you...

Well, I suggest u apply to redo ur A level in school(ur same jc) 

If u have taken ur A level in June or Nov, you still need to wait till next year for the March Uni application exercise. 

If u take A level in June, u need to study a different syllabus, which put u at a disadvantage.

But actually, even if you have score badlly in ur A level, there are diploma course (for A level entry) for example such as radiography, physiotherapy... and they are professional course, which deliver good salary and career prospect. 

3,524 posts since Oct '04
    • Originally posted by Lokey:

Well, I suggest u apply to redo ur A level in school(ur same jc) 

If u have taken ur A level in June or Nov, you still need to wait till next year for the March Uni application exercise. 

If u take A level in June, u need to study a different syllabus, which put u at a disadvantage.

But actually, even if you have score badlly in ur A level, there are diploma course (for A level entry) for example such as radiography, physiotherapy... and they are professional course, which deliver good salary and career prospect. 

fyi, those diploma courses also require decent grades to enrol. 

Please Login or Signup to reply.