23 Nov, 11:23AM in sunny Singapore!

::Homework Crapbox:: (2017)

Subscribe to ::Homework Crapbox:: (2017) 5,116 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    H2 Chemistry @ BedokFunland JC (near VJC & TJC)
    13,912 posts since May '05
    • Food Review from the Staff of CLEO.com: Here’s What We Really Think Of The Eggcellent McSpicy

http://www.cleo.com.sg/entertain-me/food/cleo-tries-eggcelent-mcspicy-dinosaur-mcflurry-review/

• [Singapore] - Girl, 10, makes homemade chilli sauce to raise more than S$5,000 for cancer-stricken hawker

http://mothership.sg/2017/07/girl-10-makes-homemade-chilli-sauce-to-raise-more-than-s5000-for-cancer-stricken-hawker/

• Actually, if Fatty Kim decided to launch his nuclear missiles into Singapore (eg. to put across a point to Donald Trump), and since Singapore does not have THAAD or any other missile interceptor systems (which costs billions), Singapore would be completely destroyed upon impact (with the toxic nuclear radiation fallout kena by Malaysia and Indonesia). And nobody can do anything about it (even if USA wanted to help, which they wouldn't, they have no THAAD system installed in this region anyway, so they wouldn't be able to intercept any nuclear missile launched towards Singapore).

UK and Australia fear North Korea Nuclear Missiles

http://www.newsweek.com/north-korea-missiles-fear-allies-642920

Edited by UltimaOnline 28 Jul `17, 1:42AM
    • BedokFunland JC public service tip : only the tabs of the 330ml Coke cans break off easily, the 250ml Coke cans don't have this problem.

[LifeHack] - How To Open a Can of Coke With Broken Tab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qp9ivlHaE0

Edited by UltimaOnline 28 Jul `17, 1:56AM
    • On another forum, "Papsmearer" posted (in continuation of the posts reproduced earlier on pg 166 of this thread) :

Well, if you go on the premiss that the most obedient and loyal dog to the Familee will be appointed the next PeeM aka Chairwarmer until Hong Yi can be palatably parachuted into the PeeM chair, then we have a clue who the next PeeM will be. It wouldn't be Tharm, because he has a brain and international standing and he would not be pliant to the Lees. He was probably offered the post already and saw it as a caretaker position and that is why he turned it down. So basically, the most compliant brain dead obedient jackass is going to the next PeeM. The choices are quite limited. Heng is too smart, and teo is too much of a wize old fart to be that compliant. Which leaves kee Chiu, TCJ, and up and coming brown noser Lawless wrong. quite scary to think the next PeeM is one of them.

• Williams syndrome is an educational illustration of how, during intraphysical incarnation into a biological body, your incarnation's intelligence and personality traits are strongly influenced (and indeed to a large extent determined) by your genetics. That is not to say there is no free will (because of course there is), but rather that your soul has chosen the specific genetic conditions of the upcoming physical biological incarnation with which to force into being certain specific personality traits and/or medical conditions for the purpose of working with specific karmic issues and opportunities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_syndrome

Social and psychological

Individuals with Williams syndrome report higher anxiety levels as well as phobia development, which may be associated with hyperacusis (high sensitivity to certain frequencies of sound).[31] Compared with other children with delays, those with Williams syndrome display a significantly greater number of fears. 35% of these children met the DSM definition of having a phobia as compared with 1-4.3% for those with other types of developmental delays.[32] Williams syndrome is also strongly associated with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and related psychological symptoms such as poor concentration, hyperactivity, and social disinhibition.[9]

Furthermore, cognitive abilities (IQ's) of individuals with WMS typically range from mild-to-moderate levels of mental retardation.[33] One study of 306 children with Williams syndrome found IQ scores ranging from 40 to 112 with a mean of 69.32 (an IQ score of 100 is the average in nonaffected populations).[34] IQ scores above this range have been reported in individuals with smaller genetic deletions.[13] In particular, individuals with Williams syndrome experience challenges in visual-motor skills and visuospatial construction. Most affected individuals are unable to spatially orient themselves and many experience difficulty when given a task that requires even the most basic visual problem solving. Many adults with Williams syndrome cannot complete a simple six-piece puzzle designed for young children, for example. These visuospatial deficits may be related to damage to the dorsal cortical pathway for visual processing.[35]

Despite their physical and cognitive deficits, individuals with Williams syndrome exhibit impressive social and verbal abilities. Williams patients can be highly verbal relative to their IQ. When children with Williams syndrome are asked to name an array of animals, they may well list such a wild assortment of creatures as a koala, saber-toothed cat, vulture, unicorn, sea lion, yak, ibex and Brontosaurus, a far greater verbal array than would be expected of children with IQs in the 60s.[36] Some other strengths that have been associated with Williams syndrome are auditory short-term memory and facial recognition skills. The language used by individuals with Williams syndrome differs notably from unaffected populations, including individuals matched for IQ. People with Williams syndrome tend to use speech that is rich in emotional descriptors, high in prosody (exaggerated rhythm and emotional intensity), and features unusual terms and strange idioms.[35]

Among the hallmark traits of individuals with Williams syndrome is an apparent lack of social inhibition. Dykens and Rosner (1999) found that 100% of those with Williams syndrome were kind-spirited, 90% sought the company of others, 87% empathize with others' pain, 84% are caring, 83% are unselfish/forgiving, 75% never go unnoticed in a group, and 75% are happy when others do well.[37] Infants with Williams syndrome make normal and frequent eye contact, and young children with Williams will often approach and hug strangers. Individuals affected by Williams syndrome typically have high empathy, and are rarely observed displaying aggression. In regards to empathy, they show relative strength in reading people's eyes to gauge intentions, emotions, and mental states.[38] The level of friendliness observed in people with Williams is often inappropriate for the social setting, however, and teens and adults with Williams syndrome often experience social isolation, frustration, and loneliness despite their clear desire to connect to other people.[35]

While these children often came off as happy due to their sociable nature, often there are internal drawbacks to the way they act. 76-86% of these children were reported as believing that they either had few friends or problems with their friends. This is possibly due to the fact that although they are very friendly to strangers and love meeting new people, they may have trouble interacting on a deeper level. 73-93% were reported as unreserved with strangers, 67% highly sensitive to rejection, 65% susceptible to teasing, and the statistic for exploitation and sexual abuse was unavailable.[37][39][40][41][42] This last one is a significant problem. People with Williams syndrome are frequently very trusting and want more than anything to make friends, leading them to submit to requests that under normal circumstances would be rejected. There are external problems as well. 91-96% demonstrate inattention, 75% impulsivity, 59-71% hyperactivity 46-74% tantrums, 32-60% disobedience, and 25-37% fighting and aggressive behavior.[37][39][43]

In one experiment, a group of children with Williams syndrome showed no signs of racial bias, unlike children without the syndrome. They did show gender bias, however, suggesting separate mechanisms for these biases.[44]

Genetic Cause

Williams syndrome genes[45][46]

ASL· BAZ1B· BCL7B· CLDN3· CLDN4· CLIP2· EIF4H· ELN· FZD9· FKBP6· GTF2I· GTF2IRD1· HIP1· KCTD7· LAT2· LIMK1· MDH2· NCF1· NSUN5· POR· RFC2· STX1A· TBL2· TRIM50· TRIM73· TRIM74· WBSCR14· WBSCR18· WBSCR21· WBSCR22· WBSCR23· WBSCR24· WBSCR27· WBSCR28

Williams syndrome is a microdeletion syndrome caused by the spontaneous deletion of genetic material from the region q11.23 of a chromosome 7, so that the person is hemizygous for those genes.[47][48] The deleted region includes more than 25 genes, and researchers believe that being hemizygous for these genes probably contributes to the characteristic features of this disorder. CLIP2, ELN, GTF2I, GTF2IRD1, and LIMK1 are among the genes that are typically deleted from one chromosome in people with Williams syndrome. Researchers have found this hemizygosity for the ELN gene, which codes for the protein elastin, is associated with the connective-tissue abnormalities and cardiovascular disease (specifically supravalvular aortic stenosis and supravalvular pulmonary stenosis) found in many people with this syndrome. The insufficient supply of elastin may also be the cause of full cheeks, coarse voice, hernias and bladder diverticula often found in those with Williams syndrome. Studies suggest that hemizygosity in LIMK1, GTF2I, GTF2IRD1, and perhaps other genes may help explain the characteristic difficulties with visual–spatial tasks. Additionally, there is evidence that the hemizygosity in several of these genes, including CLIP2, may contribute to the unique behavioral characteristics, learning disabilities, and other cognitive difficulties seen in Williams syndrome.[49]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_syndrome

• Has the Singapore Government Crossed the Line in Forcing Singaporeans to Download the SG Secure App

http://redwiretimes.com/singapore-in-brief/bloatware-and-threats-has-the-government-crossed-the-line-in-forcing-people-to-download-the-sg-secure-app/

• Desperate Unemployed 26 year old Singaporean Jailed after Stealing Milk Powder to Feed His Hungry Toddler

http://redwiretimes.com/singapore-in-brief/desperate-young-father-jailed-after-stealing-milk-powder-to-feed-hungry-child/

• Fatty Kim fires missile into waters off Japan's coast, Japan panics, begs USA to sponsor installing more THAAD system units in Japan

https://sg.yahoo.com/news/n-korea-fires-missile-sea-off-east-coast-153628237.html

• Singaporean who earned $20k a month struggled to pay his bills

“My son was (then) still going for expensive tuition at Learning Labs, the most expensive tuition centre in Singapore. I wasn’t very good in financial planning, I even bought a car without a job. My savings depleted a lot faster than it could have,” he said.

Why buy a car when you just lost your job?

“I was confident of getting a job very soon. And because I had a luxury car in Singapore before I moved to Hong Kong, so when I came back to I wanted to go back to my previous life as if nothing had changed.”

He was living in denial. And when he finally got a job offer that pays Sg$8,000 a month, he rejected it!

“To me, it was an insult,” he said, adding that headhunters had told him that he could command Sg$14,000 salary based on his work experience.

But his arrogance soon gave way to desperation when he saw his savings dwindling fast. He started looking for any kind of jobs. “Very ironic, I gave up a job that would pay me Sg$8,000 a month, then I ended up looking for jobs that pay Sg$4,000 a month,” he said.

Despite lowering his expectation, he still couldn’t find a job.

http://happinessnotebook.com/ex-hwa-chong-scholar-bounces-back-from-retrenchment-and-financial-disaster/

Edited by UltimaOnline 29 Jul `17, 5:04AM
    • White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci called White House chief of staff Reince Priebus “a fucking paranoid schizophrenic,” in a Wednesday phone call with the New Yorker, adding “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock.”

6 posts since Jul '17
    5 posts since Jul '17
    • hey guys my friend created https://tick.ninja where they pooled tgt lots of O Levels and A Levels notes for their juniors.

Hope they help! Cheers :)

Edited by Jasolee99 31 Jul `17, 11:57PM

In an overall uncomfortable interview with Power 105.1 FM's Breakfast Club this week, rapper Rick Ross made some controversial comments about female rappers — specifically, why he doesn't work with them — and repeatedly requested that the female host in the room, Angela Yee, show him her legs.

While talking about working with other artist in the industry, Yee asked whether or not he considered working with more women.

"You know, I never did it because I always thought, like, ‘I would end up fucking a female rapper and fucking the business up,'" Ross said, prompting uproarious laughter from the men in the room.

"I’m so focused on my business," he added. "Just gotta be honest with you. You know, she looking good. I’m spending so much money on her photo shoots. I gotta fuck her a couple times."

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/07/165242/rick-ross-wont-sign-female-rappers-having-sex-with-them

Please Login or Signup to reply.