27 Apr, 05:09PM in sunny Singapore!

Can international student entrance to JC2 by olevel or DSA?

Subscribe to Can international student entrance to JC2 by olevel or DSA? 33 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    24 posts since Jan '17
    • I'm from overseas, I'm 18+ this year ,I will 19y when Jan. 2018  , I think I don't need to go jc 1,i think I should go jc 2 , MOE says there's an age limit for international students that go to jc 1(for JC1 is 16~18+) , so maybe I can't go jc1 lah..... 

But can I go jc2 directly by olevel results or DSA-JC? 

I want to take DSA this year , but MOE says I still can't go jc1 next year even I pass DSA-JC.  Because Jan. 2018 I already 19 ,

And I call to acjc , they say they don't have age limit , and a teacher say their school also have international student who are 19y , I don't know if that 19y international student is jc2 or jc1 ???

Moe says international student who r 19y still can go jc2 but it is a small opportunity but they says maybe the jc school will consider 19y international student .

But actually I don't know what to do now...... What a mess.. 

H2 Chemistry @ BedokFunland JC (near VJC & TJC)
    11,409 posts since May '05
    • Originally posted by Sylvia159:

I'm from overseas, I'm 18+ this year ,I will 19y when Jan. 2018  , I think I don't need to go jc 1,i think I should go jc 2 , MOE says there's an age limit for international students that go to jc 1(for JC1 is 16~18+) , so maybe I can't go jc1 lah..... 

But can I go jc2 directly by olevel results or DSA-JC? 

I want to take DSA this year , but MOE says I still can't go jc1 next year even I pass DSA-JC.  Because Jan. 2018 I already 19 ,

And I call to acjc , they say they don't have age limit , and a teacher say their school also have international student who are 19y , I don't know if that 19y international student is jc2 or jc1 ???

Moe says international student who r 19y still can go jc2 but it is a small opportunity but they says maybe the jc school will consider 19y international student .

But actually I don't know what to do now...... What a mess.. 

MOE has already stated their rules regarding age limit for international students. Whether the JC will accept you or not, MOE will leave that up to the JC principals.

So your only hope now, is to go around all the JCs with all your documents, explain your situation and age limit issue, and beg them to accept you. Then see which, if any, JC agrees to accept you.

You better hurry and visit as many JCs as you can each day, starting tomorrow (half day on Sat), and the whole of next week.

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    261,981 posts since Dec '99
    • u cant relli just go direct to J2 unless u have already done or is familiar with the A level syllabus 

u can apply to private schools or take A level as private candidate

24 posts since Jan '17
    • @ultimaonline  so you mean the school will accept me even I 19y ? But depend on the school principal??? 

Now many JC are full.... 

H2 Chemistry @ BedokFunland JC (near VJC & TJC)
    11,409 posts since May '05
    • Originally posted by Sylvia159:

@ultimaonline  so you mean the school will accept me even I 19y ? But depend on the school principal??? 

Now many JC are full.... 

It's up to the JC's principal to decide whether to accept you or not. MOE will leave it to the principal to decide.

All the better JCs are full, you'll have to try asking all the lower tier JCs. Better spend the whole of next week running from JC to JC to ask as many as you can, before the end of next week.

If you fail to get into any of the JCs, then as FireIce suggested, consider private schools and taking A levels as a private candidate. Though as a foreigner, you'll have to consider the criteria or conditions in which the Singapore government will allow you to continue staying here. Eg. you might have to register with an accredited private school, and not just as an individual private candidate on your own (which is a common option for Singaporeans, with or without private tuition).

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • i dont think it's really about the age but whether u know the syllabus or not, can fit into the system or not..........

897 posts since Jul '09
    24 posts since Jan '17
    • Why I need to take Alevel??!!  

I want to go JC, JC2 .

Alevel is the test that for people to entrance to University , isn't it??? 

If I want to go JC2 then I need to take Olevel or Alevel???? 

• I mean,  if the schools are full then I can't get in anymore, schools have their rules, 人数限制。

MOE says the JC2 is possible to accept international student (jc2 for 19y ppl), but not the big opportunity. Because MAYBE moe OR the SCHOOL (maybe IT'S Moe)will worry about students the stress of preparing ALevel ,but actually I had done the big exam that familiar with Alevel in my own country. 

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • junior college (JC) is 2 years
      end of 2 years take GCE A level

yes, after JC go university

9 posts since Feb '17
    24 posts since Jan '17
    •  

I mean,  I want to ENTRANCE to JC2 

Then I need to take olevel or alevel to entrance to JC2 ????

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • u need to have at least good O level results

very very seldom they accept direct entry to JC2 (unless u already know the A level syllabus or is re-taking the A level)

most probably u still have to start from JC1

Edited by FireIce 07 Feb `17, 12:38AM
    24 posts since Jan '17
    • Er,  so now what should I take for getting into JC2???

Which exam will the principal consider??? Alevel or Olevel(if I take them)?? 

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    24 posts since Jan '17
    • OK yeah, maybe I should ask : if I already have Olevel result but don't have Alevel, and well the school principal accept me to get into JC2 or not lolll ^_^‖ ...

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • answered that too

if u can't read and get it, i think cannot go JC2

Edited by FireIce 01 Mar `17, 10:45PM
    39 posts since Oct '15
    • There are only two options now.

1. Go find a Private Cambridge A-Level/IB school in Singapore, complete the course and do for the exams, (fail or pass your option).

2. Study A-Level/Year 12 Pre-U program in your country since you have your O-Levels. 

24 posts since Jan '17
    • The principal in Singapore won't accept my Alevel that taken in my own country lol. 

Maybe I should go Singapore to take the Alevel course in Private school ah ha , and retake the Alevel in Singapore. 

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    24 posts since Jan '17
    • Omgggggg 

MOE SG sent this email to me  : 

"Thank you for your email of 2 March 2017.

We would like to share that there are no admission to JC2 due to short preparation time to national examination."

I want to take alevel, because people you all suggested me to take alevel, but MOE say so.......... Should I still take alevel??..... 

Or.... Give up because I have no chance to go Singapore anymore???.... (sad) 

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • u need to start from JC1 then go JC2 then take A level at the end of JC2

tts what we have been telling u all along

24 posts since Jan '17
    • But I am international student,  MOE won't allow international student who over the age limit to go JC1,if you say I should start from JC1.

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    24 posts since Jan '17
    • Private international school have 3 years .... Their rule is, any international student have to start from Grade 10 in the international school,  cannot jump to grade 11 or 12 directly ..... But now I am grade 12 .

Please Login or Signup to reply.