18 Dec, 11:06AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Taxi Drivers

Any other place I can find hirer?

Subscribe to Any other place I can find hirer? 97 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    35 posts since Aug '11
    • I am urgently looking for a hirer. It seems so difficult to look for day driving. Initially I wanted to hire a taxi after enquiring for the last few days at taxi company. But after I read this forum, I got abit worried. So change my mind and wanted to be a relief. But it seems to difficult to find day driving. Any seniors here can guide me as I just passed my TVDL.

12,845 posts since Oct '09
    • if u wan u can go down Comfort Sin Ming office n register they

got database of hirer stayin near ur place that u can check there

or online.

35 posts since Aug '11
    • Thanks komada. I went there to chk liao, but sadly my area only had 5 comfort hirer who either look for weekend only or night whereas I looking for day. How about premier and transcab? Almost wanted to be hirer but scare I can’t find any relief.

Edited by Gavin77 10 Aug `11, 10:29AM
    417 posts since Aug '08
    39,696 posts since Oct '03
    • www.cabby.sg is the best !!!

Better than any other places .

• If cannot get , try somewhere Bt Panjang , there is one fellow staying at Jang .

Silver .

Yeah day shift hard to come by , must be patient .

If die die dun have , still insist on convenience , drive for Silver first .

Then apply for a cab , be hirer , find a relief .

• Can try CCK area . There is a Transcab Merc , hhahahahaha

153 posts since Aug '11
    • Too bad, we don't stay near each other if not we can share the taxi. Btw I am staying at toa payoh.

35 posts since Aug '11
    • Originally posted by Poolman:

www.cabby.sg is the best !!!

Better than any other places .

Poolman so if I can't find a hirer, you recommend me to go silvercab and be hirer first then find relief? So why do you recommend silver? and issit easier to find a relief? Actually my only worry being a juz passed newbie is that I got no taxi friends/relative so don't have much info or trade things to learn. Luckily there is this forum, hopefully can get to kopi with the seniors and find out more...or even better any senior staying in bt batok want to drink kopi?

Edited by Gavin77 10 Aug `11, 10:51PM
    39,696 posts since Oct '03
    • Originally posted by Gavin77:

Poolman so if I can't find a hirer, you recommend me to go silvercab and be hirer first then find relief? So why do you recommend silver? and issit easier to find a relief? Actually my only worry being a juz passed newbie is that I got no taxi friends/relative so don't have much info or trade things to learn. Luckily there is this forum, hopefully can get to kopi with the seniors and find out more...or even better any senior staying in bt batok want to drink kopi?

Comfort , Silver or TransCab .

I think to compare , Comfort & TransCab can get a relief easier than Silver .

If u want to be hirer driving day , and find a relief , of course Comfort easier .

But drive day , we can't drink kopi , but i can refer you to Cash Lee , Ken Teo , my two good helpful buddies .

• If Bukit Gombak , not too difficult to find relief , cos nearby Toh Tuck CNG kiosk .

Like i am from your neighbour CCK , also TransCab Wish . Also got a good relief .

Many of my bros from West side .

Enjoying the $655 .

Can consider .

Now many West side cabbies dun mind CNG cabs anymore .

• But better do with 2.0 if finding a relief , cos relief particular about filling up CNG .

1.8 they will find it less appealing .

Can try CCK area . There is a Transcab Merc , hhahahahaha

hmmm merc haha~~~~

35 posts since Aug '11

Comfort , Silver or TransCab .

I think to compare , Comfort & TransCab can get a relief easier than Silver .

If u want to be hirer driving day , and find a relief , of course Comfort easier .

But drive day , we can't drink kopi , but i can refer you to Cash Lee , Ken Teo , my two good helpful buddies .

I have chk with all 3 companies -Comfort sonata need to wait for 1mth(with top panel ad) or 3 mth (without top panel ad) -Transcab wish is ard 2weeks for both 1.8 or 2.0 -Silver can get the magentis almost immediately

Edited by Gavin77 11 Aug `11, 1:22PM
    • Originally posted by komade:

hmmm merc haha~~~~

35 posts since Aug '11
    • Originally posted by komade:

But y die die must be hirer?? Be relief best~~~

If given a choice now for a newbie, I also think that being as a relief to gain experience better and less liability. But it seems so hard to look for day driving especially around my neighbourhood now...those available are further and if driving day need to takeover from 6am, then distance seems to be a problem if its not a direct bus/mrt service to hirer hse early in the morning......was quite tempted to sign up for silver as getting the magentis was almost immediate to earn $$$...but was afraid I can't find a relief......anyway I alrdy join the queue for Transcab n was told 2weeks to 1mth wait. At the mean time if can find a good hirer then can continue becoming a relief...i guess this is the best way for now.

Edited by Gavin77 11 Aug `11, 6:55PM
    • Any taxi senior want to drink kopi…These few days I very free day or night…can meet up with you guys to find out more… Smile

2,996 posts since Jul '11

If given a choice now for a newbie, I also think that being as a relief to gain experience better and less liability. But it seems so hard to look for day driving especially around my neighbourhood now...those available are further and if driving day need to takeover from 6am, then distance seems to be a problem if its not a direct bus/mrt service to hirer hse early in the morning......was quite tempted to sign up for silver as getting the magentis was almost immediate to earn $$$...but was afraid I can't find a relief......anyway I alrdy join the queue for Transcab n was told 2weeks to 1mth wait. At the mean time if can find a good hirer then can continue becoming a relief...i guess this is the best way for now.

search around... walk round your neighbourhood in the day see got taxis park there anot... write your contact on a paper and indicate you want to be relief...

go to the various taxi companies... ask to match with hirer...

read tru the various taxi drivers forum... even if posted long time ago still can try to call...

with persistant and a bit of luck... should be able to find...

I am urgently looking for a hirer. It seems so difficult to look for day driving. Initially I wanted to hire a taxi after enquiring for the last few days at taxi company. But after I read this forum, I got abit worried. So change my mind and wanted to be a relief. But it seems to difficult to find day driving. Any seniors here can guide me as I just passed my TVDL.

same here... after pass tvdl... happy happy want to hire...

later connected with cktan tru tis forum to be his relief... happy as a day relief for the time being... lower overhead cost plus a good mentor... best bargain liao... ha ha...

also tru tis forum... linked up with few day drivers... with all these support... it was a easier start...

compare some of my other course mates who omo rite at the begining... all kpkb... finding difficulties...

can refer to the newbies initial experiences thread for how i started off...

4 posts since Aug '11
    • i am also in the same situation as Gavin77, just passed and thinking of hirer or relief. Went down to comfort & smrt, and they said don't be scared..just be a hirer, but need to wait 1-3 months for taxis.

But personally i want to be relief if possible. By the way, i am living in bishan, so if anyone know any hirer looking for relief at bishan or nearby, inform me. Thanks in advance.

153 posts since Aug '11
    4 posts since Aug '11
    • did you see this @ cabby.com?? although it doesn't state where, but maybe you want to give him a call..

"name: Ah Heng
      company: Transcab Crown
      Details: I am looking for a relief drive, 6 days per week. Day shift. 6am to 6pm. Please contact me."

35 posts since Aug '11
    • Originally posted by Khoon2580:

search around... walk round your neighbourhood in the day see got taxis park there anot... write your contact on a paper and indicate you want to be relief...

go to the various taxi companies... ask to match with hirer...

read tru the various taxi drivers forum... even if posted long time ago still can try to call...

with persistant and a bit of luck... should be able to find...

I think I will try the leaving a note method... As for taxi company matvhing alrdy chk with comfort and Transcab but dun have....surprisingly silvercab need to join member $20+ before can do matching, so I didn't chk... tried afew forum but not much luck...

• Originally posted by Khoon2580:

same here... after pass tvdl... happy happy want to hire...

later connected with cktan tru tis forum to be his relief... happy as a day relief for the time being... lower overhead cost plus a good mentor... best bargain liao... ha ha...

also tru tis forum... linked up with few day drivers... with all these support... it was a easier start...

compare some of my other course mates who omo rite at the begining... all kpkb... finding difficulties...

can refer to the newbies initial experiences thread for how i started off...

Ya good mentor hard to come by... especially ppl like me who dun have any friends/relative working in this line...luckily this forum exist and was pretty active compare to some of the others I visited. yup I did read on your newbie initial experience...very informative for newbie like me to get a feel of being a TD prior to the actual driving...good effort and thumbs up

Please Login or Signup to reply.