17 Apr, 03:58AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Taxi Drivers

Car park incident between cabby and member of public

Subscribe to Car park incident between cabby and member of public 28 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    405 posts since Oct '11
    • As related by a blue sonata cabby friend (Richard) of mine:

Richard was looking for a lot in an open-air car park of a hawker centre during his lunch break and he noticed a silver Kia on his left preparing to leave. All lots on his right are season lots. Judging that the Kia is not ready to leave soon, he circled to the other side looking for other lots.

Unsuccessful, he returned to the Kia’s lot and as he was approaching the Kia (about 12 lots away), a car left its lot about 4 lots away from Richard’s left. Richard stopped to allow the car to pass and was pleased that he got a lot as the car park was crowded at the time. 

Suddenly, from nowhere, a driver in a black BMW (ASS) dashed from the opposite direction and reversed into the lot. ASS, in his haste, did not manage to park properly in his first attempt. As the Kia just left his lot, Richard inched forward to indicate that he wanted to pass. ASS immediately dashed forward again blocking the path of both Richard and the Kia. He looked at Richard angrily and refused to reverse back. After several seconds, ASS finally reversed into his lot. 

Richard shook his head in disgust but continued towards the lot vacated by the Kia. However, a van was already preparing to reverse into the lot. Cursing his bad luck, Richard waited for the van to park. Whilst waiting, Richard noticed from his rear view mirror that ASS has left his car and was walking towards his cab gesturing to Richard with his index finger insultingly, summoning him. “wtf, u took my lot, make me lose another and I must report to u for lecture? Who u think u are!” Richard thought. Richard ignored him and continued his search but noticed that ASS had angrily took out his mobile and started snapping shots of his cab. 

As Richard circled around to the other side of the car park, ASS continued to pursue Richard obviously wanting a confrontation. Richard was really irritated and wound down his window and showed ASS the big BIRD so that he can BACK OFF. 

Richard finally parked at roughly the opposite side of the car park where ASS parked. ASS had followed Richard for 60-70 metres round the car park on foot just for a confrontation. As Richard got out and closed the door of the cab, ASS approached menacingly and with his face barely 2-3 cm away from Richard’s, yelled: “why you show middle finger at me?” Richard thought he was about to get assaulted but stood his ground and retorted: “so, you going to assault me for a small matter like this? Fxxx you!” 

Realising that Richard wasn’t that easy to bully, ASS changed tactics and started taunting Richard to repeat what was just said so he could tape down the conversation. “I’m going to complain to your company. You all taxi drivers….” Richard walked off towards the hawker centre not wanting to hear any further insults. On looking back, Richard found ASS still hanging around his cab. Richard returned to his cab and fearing for the cab and his safety, decided to call the police and report of harassment and attempted assault. ASS continued to taunt him and challenged Richard to stay and “settle” the matter and wait for the police. Richard ignored him and went to the hawker centre to order food. 

Two constables arrived in a patrol car about 2 minutes later and listened to Richard’s complaint. ASS was nowhere to be found. When asked to identify the car, Richard could not as in the lot where Richard remembered ASS parked was a black Volvo! “Is this the car, I thought it was a BMW! I’m seldom wrong about such things. Maybe he had left” Richard thought. 

I feel that Richard’s dignity and rights had been violated. ASS obviously thought he had the upper hand and could bully someone who he thought could not retaliate. 

Your thoughts on this, fellas!

122 posts since Oct '11
    • “I’m going to complain to your company. You all taxi drivers….”This statement tells ASS dislike towards TD or just becos ASS thinks he drives a BMW, he is king and TDs are beneath him...F him!!

1,033 posts since Jun '11
    11,142 posts since Jul '05
    • I wonder why people have to fight for a parking lot. I would just give it up without thinking twice. It says a lot about self respectability.

74 posts since Jul '11
    • There are many aspects of Driving that is not taught at driving school. Some might be, but they are not taught in completion, just partial course.

Parking happens to be one of them.

• There are many aspects of Driving that is not taught at driving school. Some might be, but they are not taught in completion, just partial course.

Parking happens to be one of them.

1,741 posts since Aug '11
    • call the police and your friend walk away to buy food, should be there waiting .

i recently has something similar at ghim moh blk 19 car park .

me call police also, waited there for them to come. stay quiet and ignore the bastard .

police come i just give simple statement that the guy trying to be funny.

end of it that guy lan lan also say want to complain taxi company.

since it is a non pax service matter, case unlikely to go thru,

me no worry cos got cam in the car to show prove of my and this bastard car position

show police and they believe...  you know the SGT even challenge the bastard to park his car to block my taxi since he mentioned and want to book him,  worst is the arguement between the SGT and bastard go so hot that the SGT took down his rain, his fellow officer even tell the bastard to complain them if he want.  haha  what a joke, i just stood beside my taxi and watch free show

if your friend next time encounter again, remember to take now the other party vehicle number just in case needed.

if the other party even just touch your friend, just yell and pretend fall down in front of the public, sure got people to help and be witness if there are people watching

• anyway fxxx the sonata so agressive on the road come to this like a mouse.

i have come across few comfark driver who drive carelessly nearly result a accident.(comfark LED show on call--- big fxxx)

stop go fxxd them, they only sorry and claim did not see and don't dare to step out at all,  me just stall their time(since they on call--- peak hour i also no care)  make sure long enough before release them for their big fxxx on call , hahahahaha

i even tell them, did not see better don't drive,  will kill a lot of people leh.

of course not always win,  i time kenna chase by one, past mid night,....  but during run still get a pax from amk to yishun, heng heng

405 posts since Oct '11
    • Originally posted by Angwk7118:

call the police and your friend walk away to buy food, should be there waiting .

i recently has something similar at ghim moh blk 19 car park .

me call police also, waited there for them to come. stay quiet and ignore the bastard .

police come i just give simple statement that the guy trying to be funny.

end of it that guy lan lan also say want to complain taxi company.

since it is a non pax service matter, case unlikely to go thru,

me no worry cos got cam in the car to show prove of my and this bastard car position

show police and they believe...  you know the SGT even challenge the bastard to park his car to block my taxi since he mentioned and want to book him,  worst is the arguement between the SGT and bastard go so hot that the SGT took down his rain, his fellow officer even tell the bastard to complain them if he want.  haha  what a joke, i just stood beside my taxi and watch free show

if your friend next time encounter again, remember to take now the other party vehicle number just in case needed.

if the other party even just touch your friend, just yell and pretend fall down in front of the public, sure got people to help and be witness if there are people watching

Thanx bro for the benefits of yr exp and moral suport. i'm sure richard will appreciate it. According to richard, the 999 hotline asked for his phone no, so he thought no point wasting time waiting.

Furthermore there could be more taunting and he (richard) may not be able to hold back anymore.

richard is just waiting for the compliant to come.

1,741 posts since Aug '11
    • so remember like i say , must take other party car number, and move to crowded people if possible to protect oneself, just in case

• since your friend driving comfark,    tell your friend to call up his DRO to report and make record with comfark so in case complain came in, damage in redue.  if don't do, complain come,  comfark always listen to public first.... this is how how comfark work.... if really suay suay because of this kenna terminated, let me know, see can help........................  any way i also terminated  by citycab last time... lazy to appeal dislike their system,   RTN taxi ask me why not appeal.. i just tell them appeal for doing nothing wrong, so funny

17,951 posts since Oct '09
    371 posts since Aug '10
    • To think in the USA they dun give a fuck about driving tests, morality tests, road rules mugging and all that shit and even allow the age to be stuck at 15, yet Singapore has the world’s craziest drivers whose manner PALE in comparison to those of the american drivers.

tsk tsk. shows you the utter failure of the singapore driving and educational system. what are our teachers telling our kids? its ok to fight as long aas you do well? results are everything right? look what happened here. the BMW driver got his ‘result’.

501 posts since Sep '10
    • I think the BMW driver really "chek ark".... somemore as mentioned, young driver.. Got BM so wat, wan to show off and flaunt BIG and block other driver whether cabs or normal cars from having the lot 1st when others alr saw the lot..

39,696 posts since Oct '03
    • so .... is everyone okay ?

Anyone hurt ?

No right ?

Then what to do ? Move on lar ....

忍一时 风平浪静

退一步 海阔天空

• if such minor incident cannot overcome , it will be even more stressful to drive in Singapore's already stressful driving lifestyle .

Move on .....

P/S: Sorry i see this as a minor incident .

1,974 posts since Oct '06
    • ai ya.. who will claim that the fault is his own, anyway there tonnes of fuck type taxi driver ard, that so call nice guy richard he was circling but the ass wait there for his lot so whose fault? the lorry again wait there for the kia to move out, both got their lots because of waiting but mr itchy feet but nice guy richard keep driving while mr nice guy's friend TS without considering all possibility just jump the gun.. ai ya.. koonz lah.. fuck the taxi driver lah...

12,845 posts since Oct '09
    • Originally posted by Poolman:

so .... is everyone okay ?

Anyone hurt ?

No right ?

Then what to do ? Move on lar ....

忍一时 风平浪静

退一步 海阔天空

Pool if kenna me u tink wat will happen??

887 posts since Oct '08
    • Pls find out the various specs of vehicles on the road ...

usually bmw don't like to race, probably due to the fact that it drink petrol like drink water, but those who do are damn fast

Torque

• Torque is a measurement of the amount of force needed to turn an object, usually measured in pounds per foot or Newton-meters.

Sonata facelift version

The diesel is a SOHC engine (but with four valves per cylinder), featuring common-rail induction and a variable geometry turbocharger. Peak power of 110kW occurs at 3800rpm and the engine produces 305Nm of torque between 1800 and 2500rpm.

Subaru WRX

Third generation   2008 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback (US)  Production   2007-2012  Body style   4-door sedan
      5-door hatchback  Layout   Front-Engine All-Wheel Drive  Engine   2.5L H4;
      224 hp, 226 lb·ft (306 Nm);
      265 hp, 244 lb-ft (331 Nm)  Transmission   4-speed automatic(w/SPORTSHIFT manual mode)
      5-speed manual  Wheelbase   103.1 in (2,619 mm)  Length   sedan: 180.3 in (4,580 mm)
      hatchback: 173.8 in (4,415 mm)  Width   2008-2010: 68.5 in (1,740 mm)
      2011-: 70.7 in (1,796 mm)  Height   58.1 in (1,476 mm)  Related   Subaru Impreza
      Subaru Impreza WRX STi 

Scirocco R (2009-)

The Scirocco R is a production model based on the GT24. Its 2.0L TSI engine is rated 265 PS (195 kW; 261 hp) at 6000rpm and 350 N·m (258 lb·ft) at 2500rpm, large air intake openings in the front bumper, an integrated front spoiler, bi-xenon headlights, larger rear roof edge spoiler, black diffuser, dual exhaust with chrome tailpipes, Talladega 18-in alloy wheels.[14]

UK models went on sale in 2009.[15]

BMW Torque Specs

• Torque is the force that turns the car wheels.

For the American market, as of October 2010, the BMW company made the 128i, the 135i, the 328i, the 335i, the 528i, the 535i, the 550i, the 650i, the 740i, the 750i, the 760i, Alpina B7, the X3, X5, X6, Z4, M3 and M6. For these models, there are many different trim levels, but all boast respectable, high-end torque specs.

1-Series

• The 128i trims have 3.0-liter six-cylinder engines producing 230 horsepower (hp) and 200 foot-pounds of torque.

The 135i has the same general engine specs as the 128i, but the 135i trims produce 300 hp and 300 foot-pounds of torque.

3-Series

• The 328i trims have a 3.0-liter, six-cylinder inline engine producing 230 hp. These cars produce 200 foot-pounds of torque.

The 335i and the 335i XDrive, with the same general engine specs as the 328i trims, produce 300 hp and 300 foot-pounds of torque.

The diesel 3-Series sedan, the 335d, has a 3.0-liter displacement with six cylinders but is turbocharged, and produces 265 hp and 425 foot-pounds of torque.

5-Series

• The 528i sedan has a 3.0-liter, six-cylinder engine producing 240 hp and 230 foot-pounds of torque.

The 535i trims have the same engine displacement as the 528i, but produce 300 hp and torque of 300 foot-pounds.

The 550i trims have a 4.4-liter V8 engine and produce 400 hp and 450 foot-pounds of torque.

6-Series

• The 650i coupe and convertible have a 4.8-liter V8 engine producing 360 hp and 350 foot-pounds of torque.

7-Series

• The 740i and 740Li sedans have a 3.0-liter six-cylinder inline engine producing 315 hp and 330 foot-pounds of torque.

The 750i and 750Li sedans have a 4.4-liter V8 engine producing 400 hp and 450 foot-pounds of torque.

The 750i and 750Li ActiveHybrid sedans have a 4.8-liter V8 engine producing 455 hp and 480 foot-pounds of torque.

The 760Li has a 6.0-liter V12 engine producing 535 hp and 550 foot-pounds of torque.

The Alpina B7 has a 4.4-liter V8 engine with 500 hp and 526 foot-pounds of torque.

X5 and X6 Series

• The X3 trims have a 3.0 six-cylinder engine, with the 28i trim producing 240 hp and 221 foot-pounds of torque and the turbocharged 35i producing 300 hp with 300 foot-pounds of torque.

The X5 trims have turbocharged 3.0-liter, six-cylinder engines apart from the X5 XDrive 50i, which has a 4.4-liter V8 engine with 400 hp and 450 foot-pounds of torque. The gasoline X5s produce 300 hp and 300 foot-pounds of torque against the diesel 35d with 265 hp and 425 foot-pounds of torque.

The X6 ActiveHybrid has a V8 with 480 hp and 450 foot-pounds of torque. The X6 XDrive35i has a turbo 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine with 300 hp and 300 foot-pounds of torque. The X6 XDrive 50i has a 4.4-liter V8 with 400 hp and 450 foot-pounds of torque.

Z-Series

• The Z4 has a 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine with 255 hp and 220 foot-pounds of torque for the sDrive 30i, 300 hp and 300 foot-pounds of torque for the sDrive35i, and 335 hp and 369 foot-pounds of torque for the sDrive35is.

M-Series

• The M3 trims have a 4.0-liter V8 engine producing 414 hp and 295 foot-pounds of torque.

The M6 trims have a 5.0-liter V10 producing 500 hp and 383 foot-pounds of torque.

The X5M and X6M have a 4.4-liter V8 engine producing 555 hp and 500 foot-pounds of torque.

464 posts since Dec '10
    17,951 posts since Oct '09
    2,996 posts since Jul '11
    • Originally posted by Khoon2580:

can khoon have a bus?

Khoon take mrt better like ydae Hallowen nite u take $2 per head

u huat big time lor........  :P

2,996 posts since Jul '11
    • Originally posted by komade:

Khoon take mrt better like ydae Hallowen nite u take $2 per head

u huat big time lor........  :P

good idea!

can call halloween express or train of horrors...

but rental for mrt dun know how much lei?

ha ha...

Please Login or Signup to reply.