24 Jul, 10:08AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Taxi Drivers

SotongKing OTR 2

Subscribe to SotongKing OTR 2 77 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Sotongking73's Avatar
    536 posts since Jun '12
    • Continue from: http://sgforums.com/forums/3426/topics/454155

      as the topic has expired and cannot input anymore post.

       

      tongue.png Hi everyone! Sorry for being away for awhile. Signed up as a hirer with cdg, kenah a 2 1/2 yr taxi, but condition worst than some 5 yrs old taxi i had driven b4.

      Started as an omo, tried all different hours and patterns until totally burned out. Tried to find a day relief, however those day reliefs I found are not suitable, some can only drive 5 days/wk, some don't want to go servicing, some want pick and send. End up me drive day shift and got a night relief who drive 7days/wk. 

      Day shift is really not for me. Now SotongKing became BBQ Sotong. Face black black, so are my arms and hands. Morning many many pax go Jurong, Tuas, and ORQ area, either bad jam or have to empty cab back all the way to HDB areas. No CDB surcharge, peak hour too short, sigh..... really disadvantage for me, as I'm not the fast hand fast leg type.


    •  

       

      cry.png I have never nett more than $100 a day for the month of December with 10 - 11 hrs of driving day shift. Yes I know, I'm dam lousy! I hate to go offices, factories, and sending people to work, most of them look so gloomy. Recently I returned the taxi to cdg and becomes a night relief again, I feel so relaxed and driving taxi becomes enjoyable again, another thing is.... my nett income increased back to normal.smile.png   


    • I missed the happenning of x'mas eve, as I was still driving day shift, really eat grass. Luckily I returned the taxi on 28th December, still on time to participate in the night driving for New Year Eve, which was a very enjoyable work day, the first time I feel like a star as a taxi driver. From far away, peoples already start waving for my attention. Collections wasn't as good as I expected, however I really enjoy the excitment of being part of the event in providing services to the public. The first time that I really feel valued as a transport service provider.tongue.png

  • Moderator
    Angwk7118's Avatar
    1,741 posts since Aug '11
  • hammerhammer8888's Avatar
    4,634 posts since Jul '10
  • Sotongking73's Avatar
    536 posts since Jun '12
    • Originally posted by Angwk7118:

      welcome back

      wink.png thanx!

    • Originally posted by hammerhammer8888:

      Wah thought he really become BBQ liao.....Lol

      If really BBQ, my wife will ask for discount from bowah.

    • After 6 mths OTR as a  taxi driver.... I'm now more tolerant to people horn, middle finger and highbeam me. However, there's one thing which keeps annoying me. Whenever pax see a young taxi driver like me, most of them buckle up their seat belt when board, even at the back seat. Hai yah, sometimes I told myself, good also lah, anyway it's required by the law.

      Pax keeps asking me why so young become a taxi driver, is 39 yrs old really too young? So ang mo even thought that I'm in my 20's, don't know to be happy or angry.

      On new year's eve, around 12am I saw many taxi quequeing at Orchard area taxi stand waiting for durian to drop, so decided to charge in to the northbridge rd area, once turned in to north boat quay road, wow, huat ah!!!! Too bad, I change shift at 5am, last pax at 4am, after that rush back to pump diesel and wash car, how I wish can handover at 8am. 

      On the New year day and yesterday, I believe many foreigner still not back from holiday. Usually advance call will be flooded in the drivers' portal for morning and evening time slots, but these 2 days very few are available, once I try to bid for it, it's already taken up by a faster finger.

      Today is my real off day after months of driving, song song till Jurong. No need to throw rental or cover cost for resting, really peace of mind. Went to watch "Taxi Taxi", but dissapointed with the script and story arrangement. I was expecting them to highlight more on the life of a TD. At the end of the show, I was asking myself what did I went through for the past hour. I spent a blank hour sitting in a big dark room staring on the screeen feeling like an idiot.    


  • PrOfAtSiR's Avatar
    434 posts since Aug '12
    • Song song gao jurong is now song song gao punggol.

      Be a relief or find a ar ka liao relief is better.no need pay so much rental.

      Imho, hirer should sent the taxi for servicing.

      Day or night, each got its advantages, some times is day good, some times is night good, some times is both good but everytime both no good.

      Go relief is the best.pay 1/2 rental, drive shorter hours, got time go excerise.

       

      Good day.tonight2/1/13 is OBK night.AP Q till siao, cbd no ppl...

       

  • Sotongking73's Avatar
    536 posts since Jun '12
    • Originally posted by PrOfAtSiR:

      Song song gao jurong is now song song gao punggol.

      Be a relief or find a ar ka liao relief is better.no need pay so much rental.

      Imho, hirer should sent the taxi for servicing.

      Day or night, each got its advantages, some times is day good, some times is night good, some times is both good but everytime both no good.

      Go relief is the best.pay 1/2 rental, drive shorter hours, got time go excerise.

       

      Good day.tonight2/1/13 is OBK night.AP Q till siao, cbd no ppl...

       

      Ya, got relief no need to drive 400 km every day as omo, drive until i see car also want to vomit. I have heard some omo drive more than 600km in a day, really don't know how they did it. Most probably sweeping non-stop and seldom queque.

      If hirer is night shift, day shift should perform task meant for day time slots. I don't think anyone should expect another shift driver to distrupt his/her sleeping order. 

      Night shift no matter how bad the biz is, the collection will never be worse than the obk in the day shift for me.

  • Poolman's Avatar
    39,696 posts since Oct '03
    • So OMO song bo ?

      Burnt out ?

      Song bo ?

    • So Poolman said to be relief , not true at all ?

      OMO better ?

      Burnt out ?

       

    • OMO where got time to come forum ?

      Sleep also not enough liao , forum ?

      Am i wrong to say OMO is bad for health ?

      Members , sotongking is a pure example on life about OMO-ing a taxi .

      Burnt out is the two words i saw very big .

  • Kenluc2000's Avatar
    220 posts since Nov '12
    • Originally posted by Sotongking73:

      Ya, got relief no need to drive 400 km every day as omo, drive until i see car also want to vomit. I have heard some omo drive more than 600km in a day, really don't know how they did it. Most probably sweeping non-stop and seldom queque.

      If hirer is night shift, day shift should perform task meant for day time slots. I don't think anyone should expect another shift driver to distrupt his/her sleeping order. 

      Night shift no matter how bad the biz is, the collection will never be worse than the obk in the day shift for me.


      bro i feel exactly the same way...day shift is nv lucky for me..night? no matter how obk..suddenly can turn around..very fast..just not so steady.. . i hirer but omo on servicing day..cant complain cos he is good relief..

  • hammerhammer8888's Avatar
    4,634 posts since Jul '10
    • Originally posted by Poolman:

      OMO where got time to come forum ?

      Sleep also not enough liao , forum ?

      Am i wrong to say OMO is bad for health ?

      Members , sotongking is a pure example on life about OMO-ing a taxi .

      Burnt out is the two words i saw very big .

      OMO where got no time come forum? OMO where got burnt out? Knn I do OMO getting fatter each day leh.

  • Rbs70's Avatar
    5,236 posts since May '12
    • Yes, TS at least try day and night.......OMO and relief.......Hirer and Relief.........

      After all try, somehow or rather, certain pattern and schedule suit him........

      Many TD might not agree to what you had written but who's care, this is your thread, your entitlement to vent your anger on taxi driving..........

      However, I still like to instill my experience, a OMO chiongster from day 1 after obtaining my TDVL until cease fire..........

      Looking back, nothing to lose and nothing to earn, except age getting older and older, stamina not like 10 years ago, picking pax just like making love, procedure repeat, repeat and repeated............

      My best decision in my miserable past decade or more.........STOP DRIVING........and it changes everything I look into life.........

      Better or worst, oneself had to experience that..........

  • Sotongking73's Avatar
    536 posts since Jun '12
    • Originally posted by hammerhammer8888:

      OMO where got no time come forum? OMO where got burnt out? Knn I do OMO getting fatter each day leh.

      Some OMO morning tan chiak  lot's of Bt Timah - ORQ advance call, and evening the other way round as they want to stay around CBD, but these 2 pick up/end point are the places I hate most. That goes to Tuas and Juroung Island too.

      Actually, at one period of time, settling down on shift from 6pm - 9am works well for me, as I can sleep 2 hrs in between those quite hrs. Howerver things get messy when I start to send my wife for work everyday at 9.30am. Most times have to empty cab all the way back to CCK to pick her up then send her to Bugis and empty cab back to CCK to end shift. Total time spent about 1 1/2 hr.

      The main reason why I gave up OMO is due to unable to get a good quality sleep whe home. Morning around 9am, my wife's alarm clock will ring, and more noise of her activity follows, night she'll be watching TV and using computer from 11pm - 2/3am. How to sleep well?

      Secondly, the taxi was giving me lot's of problems, send in workshop thrice within the first 2 weeks.

      I might consider to be a Hirer/OMO again in future, only if I can ensure that I would be able to get good quality rest after end shift, and the taxi that I sign up must be a totally new taxi. The new i40 looks good and safe fuel by 35% as compare to Sonata, still considering myself for the waiting list.

       

       

    • Originally posted by Rbs70:

      Yes, TS at least try day and night.......OMO and relief.......Hirer and Relief.........

      After all try, somehow or rather, certain pattern and schedule suit him........

      Many TD might not agree to what you had written but who's care, this is your thread, your entitlement to vent your anger on taxi driving..........

      However, I still like to instill my experience, a OMO chiongster from day 1 after obtaining my TDVL until cease fire..........

      Looking back, nothing to lose and nothing to earn, except age getting older and older, stamina not like 10 years ago, picking pax just like making love, procedure repeat, repeat and repeated............

      My best decision in my miserable past decade or more.........STOP DRIVING........and it changes everything I look into life.........

      Better or worst, oneself had to experience that..........

      When I first started to drive taxi 6 mths back, I just wanted to look see look see while searching for employment. Guess what, I didn't go for any job interview or look into jobs classified section at all. It's fine for me now being a TD, but sometimes I'm just worried that I'm going to carry on my life this way till I become really too old for employment.

    • Originally posted by Poolman:

      So OMO song bo ?

      Burnt out ?

      Song bo ?

      Being OMO also got it's own benefits and enjoyment. In my whole life till now, I have never been able to afford a car before. Having a car all to myself parking near my house is consider a new luxury lifestyle experience for me and my family members. We was really enjoying the conveniency of the 'fabricated' car ownership for a period of time, especially my son.

      If I'm able to organize my work and rest hours more orderly in future, and get a totally new taxi, I might be an OMO again in the future. 

    • Originally posted by Kenluc2000:


      bro i feel exactly the same way...day shift is nv lucky for me..night? no matter how obk..suddenly can turn around..very fast..just not so steady.. . i hirer but omo on servicing day..cant complain cos he is good relief..

      I think there is no right or wrong in any arrangement, just need a willing buyer and seller for the opinion you want to present.

  • hammerhammer8888's Avatar
    4,634 posts since Jul '10
    • Ya lah....how much can you earn outside? And outside job where can everyday see money? Think of it this way. If you work outside earning $3000 nett but if you have a car then you will be left with only less then $2000 after paying the installment and maintainence and fuel. But if you drive taxi can nett $3000 or more. Then with the taxi as your personal transport your are actually grossing almost $5000. Unless you earn $5000 outside then I suggest you quite driving taxi.

  • ahtanlor's Avatar
    720 posts since Mar '12
    • Originally posted by Sotongking73:

      After 6 mths OTR as a  taxi driver.... I'm now more tolerant to people horn, middle finger and highbeam me. However, there's one thing which keeps annoying me. Whenever pax see a young taxi driver like me, most of them buckle up their seat belt when board, even at the back seat. Hai yah, sometimes I told myself, good also lah, anyway it's required by the law.

      Pax keeps asking me why so young become a taxi driver, is 39 yrs old really too young? So ang mo even thought that I'm in my 20's, don't know to be happy or angry.

      On new year's eve, around 12am I saw many taxi quequeing at Orchard area taxi stand waiting for durian to drop, so decided to charge in to the northbridge rd area, once turned in to north boat quay road, wow, huat ah!!!! Too bad, I change shift at 5am, last pax at 4am, after that rush back to pump diesel and wash car, how I wish can handover at 8am. 

      On the New year day and yesterday, I believe many foreigner still not back from holiday. Usually advance call will be flooded in the drivers' portal for morning and evening time slots, but these 2 days very few are available, once I try to bid for it, it's already taken up by a faster finger.

      Today is my real off day after months of driving, song song till Jurong. No need to throw rental or cover cost for resting, really peace of mind. Went to watch "Taxi Taxi", but dissapointed with the script and story arrangement. I was expecting them to highlight more on the life of a TD. At the end of the show, I was asking myself what did I went through for the past hour. I spent a blank hour sitting in a big dark room staring on the screeen feeling like an idiot.    


      thats y as long got 'mark lee' in the show, i don't even bother to see the show online.

      he is just a very lucky crap like jay chou.

    • Originally posted by hammerhammer8888:

      Ya lah....how much can you earn outside? And outside job where can everyday see money? Think of it this way. If you work outside earning $3000 nett but if you have a car then you will be left with only less then $2000 after paying the installment and maintainence and fuel. But if you drive taxi can nett $3000 or more. Then with the taxi as your personal transport your are actually grossing almost $5000. Unless you earn $5000 outside then I suggest you quite driving taxi.

      u mean quit, right?

  • Rbs70's Avatar
    5,236 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by Sotongking73:

      When I first started to drive taxi 6 mths back, I just wanted to look see look see while searching for employment. Guess what, I didn't go for any job interview or look into jobs classified section at all. It's fine for me now being a TD, but sometimes I'm just worried that I'm going to carry on my life this way till I become really too old for employment.


      My father time, taxi driving can bring up kids and sent them abroad to study.........

      Taxi can suka suka park at home and had a proper rest..........

      3-4 hours of hard work enough to cover everything plus earning.........

      We, as the 3rd generation of taxi uncle, 一年不如一年...........

      Today drive 12 hours, earn $100 nett, don't know which hole to put the money.............tomorrow sick, that $100 not even enough to cover your rental and whatever expenses...........

      3rd generation of taxi uncles only dragging our life away, unless you heng heng tio 4D or Toto...........or else OMO or relief, no drive, go where find money? And driving are so tough these days, not only recently, is since taxi operators been open up and stupid fare hike and those unnecessary surcharge............

      Whether I'm talking senses doesn't matter, the facts of TD life is in such that we are living at the mercy of authority and taxi operators............this one, nobody can deny that at all...........

      Good the luck!.........

  • bowah's Avatar
    11,799 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by Sotongking73:

      If really BBQ, my wife will ask for discount from bowah.


      Dun call me, I cannot bear it, cos I love to eat BBQ sambal sotong

       

      ..and

Please Login or Signup to reply.