28 Nov, 02:38PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Food

Michelin Star Restaurants

Subscribe to Michelin Star Restaurants 16 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    65 posts since Nov '03
    5,232 posts since Nov '07
    495 posts since Nov '07
    • whats so special abt this kinda restaurant and the 5 star type of restaurant? Heard that a 3 Michelin Star restuarant can easily beat a 5 star resturant, why is that so?

11,873 posts since Oct '05
    • Originally posted by mortified:

whats so special abt this kinda restaurant and the 5 star type of restaurant? Heard that a 3 Michelin Star restuarant can easily beat a 5 star resturant, why is that so?

bcos its damn difficult to earn a Michelin Star let alone 3!

there r cases where the chef committed suicide bcos they lost a Michelin Star..

jus one star is very prestigious liaoz... imagine three.. shade.png

• sg cannot become a foodie hub. hawker centre foodie hub more likely. cos singaporeans usually eat n go. cant appreciate fine dining like french cuisine cos french cooking is slow.

495 posts since Nov '07
    • Originally posted by bryanw:

sg cannot become a foodie hub. hawker centre foodie hub more likely. cos singaporeans usually eat n go. cant appreciate fine dining like french cuisine cos french cooking is slow.

sg ppl cant even wait for the damn cars infront of them to move, let alone waiting like 2 hrs for their food.

65 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by mortified:

whats so special abt this kinda restaurant and the 5 star type of restaurant? Heard that a 3 Michelin Star restuarant can easily beat a 5 star resturant, why is that so?

Ok. ill give you simple examples for this okay? lets see..

5 star restaurant- Mezza 9 @ the hyatt Singapore

1 Star Michelin- Fifteen by Jamie Oliver

2 Star Michelin- The F word Dining by Gordon Ramsey

3 Star Michelin- El Bulli by Ferran Adria, ????? by Marco Pierre White

• So say we all !
    1,831 posts since Nov '04
    • Originally posted by longgone:

Ok. ill give you simple examples for this okay? lets see..

5 star restaurant- Mezza 9 @ the hyatt Singapore

1 Star Michelin- Fifteen by Jamie Oliver

2 Star Michelin- The F word Dining by Gordon Ramsey

3 Star Michelin- El Bulli by Ferran Adria, ????? by Marco Pierre White

i'm sorry, but jamie oliver has no michelin stars awarded to him nor his restaurant 'fifteen'. he prob will never get one either.

And F word Dinning ? There is no such restaurant by ramsey's.. It's his UK tv show the F Word that is hosted in a studio restaurant.  he has 16 restaurants under his belt though.

Great Michelin Restaurants that have been around the block for a while would be,

1 - El Bulli by Chef Ferran Adrià (Spain)

2 - French Laundry by Chef Thomas Keller (Napa Valley, USA)

3 - Paul Bocuse by Chef Paul Bocuse (Lyon, France)

4 - Guy Savoy by Chef Guy Savoy (Paris, France)

5 - Joel Robuchon by Chef Joel Robuchon

Just to name a few.. Singapore lost michelin chef Alain Ducasse to hk.  He decided that hk has a better food crowd, which is true. Now we await for Gordon Ramsey to open up his new chain in SG in 2010.

Edited by ben1406 23 Feb `08, 2:49PM
    20,187 posts since Jan '03
    • i was lucky to have indulged at Restaurant Michael Deane... one of those cheaper Michelin restaurants..icon_lol.gif

36 posts since Feb '06
    • I would like to see a Michelin inspector coming to Singapore and atleast around the reigon. I'm sure there are places here that are atleast 1 star worthy. Iggy's isn't 3 star though, atleast 1, maybe 2. It's cooking is pretty good, but its not ZOMGWTFBBQ good enough, if you get my drift. Plus the setting is erm... a bit cramp i would say, although the service is that of a 3 star.

25,805 posts since Dec '99
    • dun hv lah.

wake up ur blurdee idea lah.

or u is in charge of publicity for mezza one izit.

• Originally posted by bryanw:

none. the closest is iggy

i prefer les amis.

Edited by Hello Kitty 02 Mar `08, 11:45AM
    36 posts since Feb '06
    • ???????

Mezza 9 would be considered 5 star in hospitality, not neccesarily in food. 5 stars is very different to 3 Michelin, which focuses mainly on food. 5 star can usually just mean luxury, location, setting and service. There are many 5 star restaurants here that have sub-par food or just medicore food.

Les amis would also most likely get a 1 or 2 star at most, the problem is that the resturants here that may get stars for their skill and cooking technique will always fall back apon the ingredients that we get, main problem is that we've got to import alot of stuff over, and by the time it gets here, it just won;t be as good as it should be, no matter how premium or whatever.

2,292 posts since May '04
    • Raffles Grill?? I thought they once a while will have Michelin star chef serving it?

• Originally posted by Hello Kitty:

i prefer les amis.

u r a classy kitty. french no italian? how abt il lido or da paolo?

• So say we all !
    1,831 posts since Nov '04
    • Originally posted by CannyOng:

Raffles Grill?? I thought they once a while will have Michelin star chef serving it?

yeah, the pourcel brothers are frequent guest chefs to the raffles grill.. they are michelin starred but not the raffles grill.

Please Login or Signup to reply.