25 Apr, 06:17PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Food

The worst teochew porridge i ever tried

Subscribe to The worst teochew porridge i ever tried 12 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    320 posts since Dec '02
    • I went to this Lim Joo Hin Eating House at Havelock Road for dinner last night. This is the worst teochew porridge i ever tried. The total bill was $91 for 6 persons. We ordered braised duck, fish cake, mined meat, raw cockles, fried clams, pig intestines, pig trotter and 3 菜尾. The fish cake is so badly cooked and the plate of cockles which consisted of more or less 20 tiny little pieces cost $5 per plate and the pig trotter we barely touch due to the improper cleaning as we still can see the trotter spiky hair. Although i know teochew porridge is supposed to be expensive but i never expected the bill will come out to be that expensive.

1,543 posts since Nov '10
    5,893 posts since Sep '06
    18,865 posts since May '10
    • Seems like your "qualifying of BAD or WORST"

is based on the FINAL BILL.  icon_lol.gif

Always asked for small / middle portions when placing a order... dun just point this... point that.... at the end... the whole table is FULL of Foods and at the end, didn't managed to consume all.

The Teochew porridge stall(s) have been there for decades, one of the favourite hunt for a light dinner or supper for the night owls.  Even 2 ppl many cost between $10-$16 depends on the food you ordered.

If the food is that bad.... why there are still so many ppl going there every night ? icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif icon_lol.gif

68,869 posts since Dec '03
    • Ahem, I dunno how clean you expect stewed pig trotters to be. There will always be hair, or traces of it.

91 bucks over 6 pax comes to about 15 bucks a pax. And if you ordered a whole braised duck, that is definitely expensive, seriously?

8,961 posts since Sep '04
    320 posts since Dec '02
    • Originally posted by a-Lost-9uY:

hi TS, is it the stall along e 1-way road?

Ya it's along the way at the corner

• Originally posted by Just_do_it_lah:

Seems like your "qualifying of BAD or WORST"

is based on the FINAL BILL.  icon_lol.gif

Always asked for small / middle portions when placing a order... dun just point this... point that.... at the end... the whole table is FULL of Foods and at the end, didn't managed to consume all.

The Teochew porridge stall(s) have been there for decades, one of the favourite hunt for a light dinner or supper for the night owls.  Even 2 ppl many cost between $10-$16 depends on the food you ordered.

If the food is that bad.... why there are still so many ppl going there every night ? icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif icon_lol.gif

Partially is the food and of cos the damage, we still able to finish up all the food except for the hairy trotter

Edited by NsX_R 22 Sep `12, 1:59AM
    • Originally posted by ditzy:

Ahem, I dunno how clean you expect stewed pig trotters to be. There will always be hair, or traces of it.

91 bucks over 6 pax comes to about 15 bucks a pax. And if you ordered a whole braised duck, that is definitely expensive, seriously?

we ordered half braised duck, 4 pieces fish cakes, 2 plates braised pig intestines, 3 cai wei, 1 plate of lala, 2 plates of raw cockles and 1 plate of minced meat and 9 bowls of porridge. I can't see which items i ordered were the expensive ones except for the braiseed duck.

548 posts since Jun '12
    • Originally posted by NsX_R:

we ordered half braised duck, 4 pieces fish cakes, 2 plates braised pig intestines, 3 cai wei, 1 plate of lala, 2 plates of raw cockles and 1 plate of minced meat and 9 bowls of porridge. I can't see which items i ordered were the expensive ones except for the braiseed duck.

half duck=$25

4 fish cake=$5

2 plates intestine=$14

1 plate lala=$6

2 plates cockles=$6

1 plate mince meat=$5

pig throtters=$6

9 bowls porridge=$5

grand total=$72

Edited by Army 21 22 Sep `12, 3:34AM
    • they must have made a mistake!!they must have calculated as one whole duck instead of half duck

.things like that happen when they are too busy serving customers and din have time to write things down on the bill.if they dont have a receipt then this type of mistakes will happen as they nor u will unable to account for it on the spot correctly.

Edited by Army 21 22 Sep `12, 3:37AM
    320 posts since Dec '02
    • Originally posted by Army 21:

they must have made a mistake!!they must have calculated as one whole duck instead of half duck

.things like that happen when they are too busy serving customers and din have time to write things down on the bill.if they dont have a receipt then this type of mistakes will happen as they nor u will unable to account for it on the spot correctly.

initially we also thought the man made mistake so we asked him to calculate for us again so he calculated one plate by one plate and read out the amt.

half brasied duck - $20

a plate of minced meat - $6

2 plates of cockles - $10

a plate of lala - $10

2 plates of pig intestines - one $10 one $8

1 plate of fish cakes - $5

1 plate of pig trotters - $10

3 plates of 菜尾 - $6

9 bowls of porridge - $4.50 i think

3 cans of soft drink - $3.90 at least

This is the amt i roughly calculated, i cant remembered much but i can confirm is the plate of lala is $10 and the 2 plates of raw cockles is $10 as well

Please Login or Signup to reply.