Home Food

The wait is over. Krispy Kreme will be here in Oct

Subscribe to The wait is over. Krispy Kreme will be here in Oct 89 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    265,951 posts since Dec '99
    • Krispy Kreme to open at Tangs Orchard

Popular American doughnut chain Krispy Kreme will be opening its first outlet at Tangs in Orchard Road in October.

Famed for its light and fluffy doughnuts coated in its signature sugar glaze, the store will be located in the basement level of the department store.

The company behind the franchise here is Star 360 Holdings, better known for retailing and distributing footwear and apparel across Asia Pacific. Brands under its retail-distribution umbrella include Japanese labels Asics and Onitsuka Tiger, as well as kid's clothing label Polo Kids.

Krispy Kreme in Singapore will be the company's first foray into food and beverage. The Straits Times understands that there is talk of open a second outlet, but nothing has been finalised yet.

ST

tt would probably dilute the Q at jamie's

68,869 posts since Dec '03
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • when it is not available here everyone says it is the bestestestest in the world

when it finally comes, ppl will say overpriced, overated, that nice meh?

• The best selling donuts in NYC is dunkin' donuts. Krispy kreme was the hardest to find.

9,973 posts since Feb '05
    • Overpriced, sickeningly sweet and eminently unhealthy (it's chock-full of lard and sugar--you should take a look at the nutrition label of one of their trademark glazed donuts!).

KK opened a few dozen stores here in Minnesota back in 2002; by 2008, all of them had closed.

• There is a krispy kreme outlet at bangkok suvarnabhumi airport, there is never a queue there.

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    1 post since Aug '13
    • I can't wait for Krispy Kreme to come to Singapore. I tasted them before overseas, and they're really great. And with many Singaporeans bringing boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts home from trips overseas, I think they're probably here to stay. Krispy Kreme won't be a fad, like bubble tea or Papparoti. 

Edited by FireIce 13 Aug `13, 3:33PM
    25,382 posts since Jan '04
    • I've tried Krispy Kreme overseas.

Seriously, what's so good about them? You give me a Krispy Kreme donut, a J.Co donut, and a Dunkin Donut, and I can't tell the difference.

And yes, it will be a fad. There will be long queues in the first few days by people who think that it's the latest site to make a pilgrimage to before they die.

Then eventually people will wise up and wonder why the heck they're wasting their lives queueing up for an unhealthy donut, and it will be just like any other donut shop in Singapore.

Mark my words.

• Well, I hope the people making pilgrimage to Jamie's italian is running out soon, because my patience to try out the wild truffle risotto is.

282 posts since Aug '13
    • What is Krispy Kreme? Mortal Kombat, that one I know.

Edited by Ee Hoe Hean Club 13 Aug `13, 5:43PM
    31,272 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by ditzy:

Well, I hope the people making pilgrimage to Jamie's italian is running out soon, because my patience to try out the wild truffle risotto is.

abit OOO, but the queue wasn't any long when I went pass there during lunch hour...

tat was last week or last last week i think... I took a picture but haven upload yet...

• Originally posted by ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~:

abit OOO, but the queue wasn't any long when I went pass there during lunch hour...

tat was last week or last last week i think... I took a picture but haven upload yet...

You cannot trust if there is a queue or not. They practice the bijin nabeh way. You ask the wait staff, they tell you try 2.5 hours later, even if you don't see a physical queue.

Same when i was in Perth, there was no queue. "Sir, if you did not make a booking, there should be a table in another 3 hours."

31,782 posts since Mar '05
    647 posts since Nov '12
    • Originally posted by FireIce:

Krispy Kreme to open at Tangs Orchard

Popular American doughnut chain Krispy Kreme will be opening its first outlet at Tangs in Orchard Road in October.

Famed for its light and fluffy doughnuts coated in its signature sugar glaze, the store will be located in the basement level of the department store.

The company behind the franchise here is Star 360 Holdings, better known for retailing and distributing footwear and apparel across Asia Pacific. Brands under its retail-distribution umbrella include Japanese labels Asics and Onitsuka Tiger, as well as kid's clothing label Polo Kids.

Krispy Kreme in Singapore will be the company's first foray into food and beverage. The Straits Times understands that there is talk of open a second outlet, but nothing has been finalised yet.

ST

tt would probably dilute the Q at jamie's

I tot it's Android 5/4.4/4.5 icon_lol.gif
      But oh well it's a food section...
      Taste nice ah?

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    118,819 posts since Dec '03
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    31,272 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by TehJarVu:

or wait for another dj open kopi shop or cupcake shop

open another 120 hands or 36 cupcakes...??? icon_lol.gif

Actually I wanted to ask... Krispy Kreme got wat difference from other donut...? is it really crispy or...?

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • bestest donut

tts wat they said 

but if close eyes to taste, i bet they cant taste the diff

Please Login or Signup to reply.