Home Food

Benefits Of Coffee

Subscribe to Benefits Of Coffee 135 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    264,497 posts since Dec '99
    • Savouring coffee might help reduce calorie intake

People who want to reduce their daily calories without restrictive dieting should consider taking their coffee with little or no sugar - and savouring the beverage might help in that regard, researchers suggest.

"There are 48 calories in one tablespoon of sugar, and over the course of a day, some coffee drinkers may use their entire recommended daily allotment of added sugar (100 calories for women and 150 for men) just in their coffee," they wrote in the Journal of Health Psychology.

In a new study, Mr Richie Lenne and Professor Traci Mann of the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis tested two interventions to help coffee drinkers reduce sugar consumption. They randomly assigned 127 participants to follow one of three approaches for two weeks.

In one group, people gradually decreased the amount of sugar they were adding to their coffee, by a little bit a day.

Another group had a lesson in how to drink coffee mindfully, by taking time to focus on the coffee and appreciate it with the senses; the lesson included a coffee tasting introduction, so participants could learn to detect the flavour, acidity, sweetness, mouth-feel and aftertaste of coffee.

The third group went cold turkey, giving up sweeteners in coffee without any strategy.

"Participants in all conditions had significant increases in consumption of sugar-free coffee that lasted six months, (but) the mindfulness group had a larger increase than the others," the authors found.

In fact, a month after the experiment, the mindfulness group drank coffee without sugar more often than those who simply tried to stop.On the other hand, the gradual reduction method was the least effective. - REUTERS

TNP

3 posts since Aug '17
    • Hello, I usually do not drink coffee, but rather tea more, I always think that after drinking coffee has been unable to sleep, do not know is not so caffeine let me refreshing, black tea and drink will not sleep.

Edited by FireIce 31 Aug `17, 3:44PM
    15 posts since Aug '17
    3 posts since Aug '17
    • I like to eat dessert occasionally with a cup of coffee, but compared to coffee I prefer black tea, black tea fragrance and not greasy, I think it is a good choice I have some research on tea, but many people like coffee

9 posts since Aug '17
    3 posts since Aug '17
    11 posts since Jul '17
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • ...think that making a cup of coffee is one...hacks for a  better cup of coffee . They&rsquo...to nurse your hot cup of java for several...time to finish your cup!) you’ll love ... taken the caffeine world by storm, and ... to their morning cup like coconut oil, ...

10 posts since Oct '17
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • The world’s most expensive coffee is coming to Singapore, and it costs $85 a cup

A coffee from Panama that costs more than your dignity will be available in Singapore soon.

Making its Southeast Asian debut on Nov 5, the Esmerelda Geisha from Hacienda La Esmerelda topped price records at the Best of Panama coffee auction in August, pulling US$60,100 for a 100-pound lot. That comes to about $815 per pound of the precious Panama joe. That is also more than what some interns make in a month.

The costly coffee, cultivated in the mountainous region of western Panama, will be brought in by none other than coffee connoisseurs The Coffee Academics in an exclusive launch at GastroMonth Singapore. For $128, attendees will get the first taste of the ridiculous roast, as well as coffee cocktails, mocktails and canapes to pad out the hefty entrance fee. Otherwise, a day later on Nov 6, the rest of us common folk can purchase an espresso-sized serving of Esmerelda Geisha for $85 a cup. You can have it brewed at the cafe itself (both the Scotts Square and Raffles City outlets), or bring it home for a precarious attempt at DIY-brewing (risk it if you dare). Go early—only 80 cups will be available for public purchase.

After constantly complaining about $6 cups of coffee, an arrival like this really puts things into perspective.

Please Login or Signup to reply.