23 Apr, 10:25PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

HDB walk in selection !!!!!

Subscribe to HDB walk in selection !!!!! 22 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    217 posts since Dec '03
    • hi ,

today hdb advertised 15 mature estate..offering 1113 units in tpy, tampines, pasir ris, jln tenteram,klang rd (little India) , mcnair rd, bendemeer..

my friends and I got queue no within 210..by 9 am the q no swells up to 400 & by 5pm, 2000..any brothers out there can advise those who get q no..after 300 what are their chances like??

also hdb offers flats at klang rd(near mustafa)..is near little india..any brother staying near there and care to share abt the situation there during weekends.. not racist but just a security concern..

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    242,697 posts since Dec '99
    • i grew up in little india
      im used to the weekend "crowd"
      they are much more disciplined than last time.....now got designated areas they can hang out.....
      they wun relli bother u (singaporeans)
      wat u need to lookout is cars......if u are a driver, tt is......they cross the roads as they like, dun care green light or red light......u langah them u die.....all will come attack ur car.....
      the noise is oso a problem.....they start yakking from 5pm until abt 10pm....and everytime they sua tiu......ground filled with litter.....

but aside from those, that area is a nice place......good food, convenient.....got tekka market......recently for tekka mall with a big sheng siong.......give birth bery fang bian.....KK is nearby.....oni 5mins from town.....

217 posts since Dec '03
    • thanks..i agree nice place just went to see the showroom, hdb even sell the show room not bad ..price rather reasonable, however just concern that they would fill up the void decks.. the new blks offered are 672 A,B,C..there are fences that keep them out but i doubt it will work.. i have seen how thais fill up beach rd..drunk and litter all over the place..

872 posts since Jul '02
    • my fren juz got a new flat there…..eh….weekends there sucks…....too many pple everywhere…..........and if u driving hor juz prepare to horn all the way…..... cuz if u dun den u can see 2 men holding hand in hand taking a stroll in fornt of u

2,588 posts since Jan '05
    4,280 posts since May '04
    • Originally posted by FireIce:
      i grew up in little india

but aside from those, that area is a nice place......good food, convenient.....got tekka market......recently for tekka mall with a big sheng siong.......give birth bery fang bian.....KK is nearby.....oni 5mins from town.....

Grew up there is a different situation. If you grew up in a swamp you will saw Macritchie Reservoir is a good pl to stay too. Laughing

Moving in when you are an adult may take some time and lots of frustration to blend in. Cool

1,169 posts since Jan '03
    38,873 posts since Dec '02
    924 posts since Jan '05
    • Originally posted by tomhunk:
      hi ,

today hdb advertised 15 mature estate..offering 1113 units in tpy, tampines, pasir ris, jln tenteram,klang rd (little India) , mcnair rd, bendemeer..

my friends and I got queue no within 210..by 9 am the q no swells up to 400 & by 5pm, 2000..any brothers out there can advise those who get q no..after 300 what are their chances like??

also hdb offers flats at klang rd(near mustafa)..is near little india..any brother staying near there and care to share abt the situation there during weekends.. not racist but just a security concern..

lucky u...u are an early bird there.

I got a queue no. that is like 2400+++++

Sheesh. My fren's number is 260++

2,015 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by FireIce:
      i grew up in little india
      they are much more disciplined than last time.....now got designated areas they can hang out.....
      they wun relli bother u (singaporeans)
      wat u need to lookout is cars......if u are a driver, tt is......they cross the roads as they like, dun care green light or red light......u langah them u die.....all will come attack ur car.....
      the noise is oso a problem.....they start yakking from 5pm until abt 10pm....and everytime they sua tiu......ground filled with litter.....

i like the food there. which part u grew up? the chicken side or temple side

217 posts since Dec '03
    • q no? 2400.....???? it is really popular man...

someone asked how much is the price at little india --klang: 5 room going for abt 296 K, 10th floor.. the show room flat is going for 343 k.. interior design quite nice no need to come up with hard cash..

all cpf.. surrounding offer units - farrer park, mcnair rd..me going for mcnair rd...

people will start to book on thur 1st day..first 200 will get to select on the first day..tomorrow is the last day to take q no.. think no hope already...only 1113 units offer

• also chinese quota 112 units.. available..kallang river there.. upper boon keng one unit..

924 posts since Jan '05
    • so how u selection now?
      Mine is far away.

We shortlisted 35 out of the 1113.
      Already on the 1st half of the 1st day, already 21 taken. We left 14. Razz

217 posts since Dec '03
    • ice baby o.. where u choosing ?
      me managed to get my choice today ! Mcnair road very near to boon keng mrt !!! bendemeer mall just in front..blk 108 C

well all the best !

924 posts since Jan '05
    • was looking at Mcnair road too.
      But most units are all gone.
      By the time my turn...everything no more liao lor.

My list has only 3 left that I am interested in. Sad

542 posts since Jul '03
    • all the prices should b given to u on the pricelist attached with the sales brochure and application form. a detailed breakdown of unit space, keys available, whether repurchased, unit no. & price.

if your queue no is lower than 1113, chance is tat u get to pick a flat. the lower the no. the greater ur chance to pick your preferred unit. check out teletext or hdb.gov.sg to see what selection of flats leftover before u turn up for the walk-in selection. if your choice unit is gone, then no need to keep the appt liao....

2,097 posts since Mar '00
    • 1st time when I went down to apply under WIS (Walk-in Selection), I got the tag number 346. By the time I got to choose, nothing favourable was left (only left with low-lying units and I'm used to staying on >=10 storeys).

The 2nd time, I queued overnight as HDB Hub (Toa Payoh) and I got 24. Managed to get my 1st choice. Smile

Whole idea is, chances of getting ur choice unit diminish with every increase of ur tag number.

All the best!! Smile

924 posts since Jan '05
    2,164 posts since May '04
    • Originally posted by huoye:
      my fren juz got a new flat there.....eh....weekends there sucks.......too many pple everywhere.............and if u driving hor juz prepare to horn all the way........ cuz if u dun den u can see 2 men holding hand in hand taking a stroll in fornt of u

Little India- U should worry abt congestion, difficulty in parking (unless there are more carparks) & noise esp during festivals & security (foreign workers loitering around)

217 posts since Dec '03
    • baby o: did u manage to get any ? by the way mcnair rd 108c all gone cos it is not facing the evenng sun..108 B still left 3 units

hmm was wondering i received a call from mygirlfriend the very day hdb launches..i rushed down by 830 & there were 187 people ahead of me..news travel fast either..they subscribe to next day's newspaper or by word opf mouth...

924 posts since Jan '05
    • my selection date is FAR FAR away.
      Anyway, am already ready to wait for the next round.
      Hopefully can find better units then.

Not very urgent actually but was hoping to get "FOC" funiture from in-laws. Razz

2,631 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by tomhunk:

Not being ractist by by fact .

1) If you don't mind the smell
      2) If you don't mind people picnic on your ground floor
      3) if you don't mind a parade of people every weekend on road

Please Login or Signup to reply.