Home Chit Chat

Latest: Mrs Goh CT steps down from NKF

Subscribe to Latest: Mrs Goh CT steps down from NKF 73 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    1,410 posts since Aug '04

• Mrs Goh steps down.

NKF Ship is sinking

going , going...........gon....e

• SINGAPORE : Mrs Goh Chok Tong has relinquished her position as Patron of the National Kidney Foundation.

This is to give the NKF a fresh start and enable a new Board to be appointed to recover public confidence in the organisation.

She said this had been a sad and unfortunate episode.

But she hopes that Singaporeans will continue to support the NKF's efforts to help kidney failure patients and their families.

Mrs Goh said the NKF had a noble mission. For more than 30 years, it has helped many kidney failure patients.

She said she was deeply grateful to Singaporeans for supporting NKF through the years. - CNA/de

13,820 posts since Jun '04
    1,410 posts since Aug '04
    • SINGAPORE : The NKF Board and its CEO, Mr TT Durai, have offered to resign in order to give Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan a free hand on restoring public confidence.

In a statement, the Health Ministry says they have requested the minister's assistance to re-constitute a new Board and appoint a new CEO.

In the interest of the dialysis patients and the NKF, Mr Khaw has agreed to help in this effort.

The Ministry statement says over the next few days, the government will appoint an interim Board to ensure the continuous operation of NKF's various dialysis centres.

It will also work on medium-term tasks, including forming a new Board, appointing a new CEO, reviewing accounting practices, funding needs, and pricing and subsidy policies.

Pending completion of these reviews, the statement says the NKF will suspend all active fund-raising activities.

The Chairman and members of the Board, together with its CEO, had approached Mr Khaw for advice on how to respond to the public reaction to the court case between the NKF and the Singapore Press Holdings.

Mr Khaw stressed two immediate priorities: caring for NKF dialysis patients should not be disrupted in any way and the shattered public confidence must be restored.

For the time being, the current NKF management will continue to run the organisation until the new Board is formed.

Speaking at a news conference, Mr Khaw stressed that he was not in favour of destroying an organisation in order to rebuild it unless it was a rotten one.

He said the NKF was not rotten to the core and a lot of good work had been done.

As such, his immediate priority was to build on the organisation's strong points.

Earlier, Mr Khaw said both Mr Durai and the Board would continue to hold the fort until a new Chairman has been found.

He said he would be working hard to find a new Chairman, hopefully, even by Friday. - CNA/de

10,430 posts since Sep '04
    10,411 posts since Feb '05
    5,060 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by SMAPLionHeart:
      Resign all because of a peanut amount of $600,000??

Laughing Laughing Laughing

u able to fork it out first?? Rolling Eyes

if not...pls STFU....n00bs like u...everyone here can do wifout...thank u Rolling Eyes

+1 Rolling Eyes

15,767 posts since Oct '04
    • In a way, I was hoping for more "controversial" statements.....kinda gave me a good laugh.... Laughing

435 posts since Jun '05
    30,503 posts since Jan '04
    • the law states that he could take a certain % of the amount but the law is not fixed at a number thus he could take any amount
      so money = bye bye
      Mad Mad

3,985 posts since Apr '05
    • $600,000 is the basic

Every wonder how much the bouns of other directors have?

If they are not scare of kena exposing why all resign?

They scare probe and quickly run away with all our money!!!

GIVE BACK OUR MONEY !!!!!

• If the person kena investigation by police he died died must return all our donation!!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS THE POLICE STILL WAITING FOR ?

10,411 posts since Feb '05
    • Originally posted by Lance_han:
      u able to fork it out first?? Rolling Eyes

if not...pls STFU....n00bs like u...everyone here can do wifout...thank u Rolling Eyes

+1 Rolling Eyes

Of course i can fork out, for a multimillion dollar organisation like SGF , $600,000 is PEE-NUTS

30,503 posts since Jan '04
    • Originally posted by drx:
      If the person kena investigation by police he died died must return all our donation!!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS THE POLICE STILL WAITING FOR ?

see my above post...he did not break any law

1,429 posts since Dec '04
    • Where are the apologies?

Germany apologised for WWII, even Japan mumbled something of an apology.

I am waiting...Especially apology for the "Peanuts" remark.

5,060 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by SMAPLionHeart:
      Of course i can fork out, for a multimillion dollar organisation like SGF , $600,000 is PEE-NUTS

den don tok cock so much, show me the money Rolling Eyes

• Originally posted by Cindyfeh:
      Where are the apologies?

Germany apologised for WWII, even Japan mumbled something of an apology.

I am waiting...Especially apology for the "Peanuts" remark.

keep waiting Laughing

2,468 posts since Apr '03
    1,429 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by valentinoo:
      moral of the story...

WE MUST VOICE OUT OUR UNHAPPINESS AND DO MORE PETITIONS

So who is going to start a petition requesting for public apology from the board, CEO and Mrs GCT?

I would want at least a full page newspaper apology spread across all 4 language newspapers. Best if they can do a show, sing and perform like monkeys for the peanuts they are getting.

14 posts since Jul '05
    • Wah.... heng arh!

I quit, they also quit
      everyone quit, then no ppl will pursue any further
      if you all discover our dark secrets
      Changi prison awaits us,
      sure kanna wacked by the ppl inside

4,091 posts since Jun '03
    • Originally posted by Durai T_T:
      Wah.... heng arh!

I quit, they also quit
      Changi prison awaits us,

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

341 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by Cindyfeh:
      So who is going to start a petition requesting for public apology from the board, CEO and Mrs GCT?

I would want at least a full page newspaper apology spread across all 4 language newspapers. Best if they can do a show, sing and perform like monkeys for the peanuts they are getting.

This will not happen lor. Technically, they did not do anything wrong at all. What you want Mrs Goh to say?
      "I'm sorry I said $60K is peanuts"?
      Them resigning is them taking the fall already. In the "grown up" world, this is saying "sorry, you all right, i wrong, ok? I go."
      For this to happen within 48 hours is already very remarkable already. Mrs Goh CT somemore.

47,787 posts since Apr '05
    • Originally posted by Durai T_T:
      Wah.... heng arh!

I quit, they also quit
      Changi prison awaits us,

Razz Razz Razz

6,923 posts since Feb '05
    • Originally posted by Himbo:
      This will not happen lor. Technically, they did not do anything wrong at all. What you want Mrs Goh to say?
      "I'm sorry I said $60K is peanuts"?
      Them resigning is them taking the fall already. In the "grown up" world, this is saying "sorry, you all right, i wrong, ok? I go."
      For this to happen within 48 hours is already very remarkable already. Mrs Goh CT somemore.

Ya... Mrs Goh CT lor... expecting her to apologise is equivilent to having T.T Durai turn around, issue a public apology, donate all his wealth to charity and turnin into a pilgrim... Her resignation as patron is her way of saying "sorry" Rolling Eyes

68,074 posts since Feb '04
Please Login or Signup to reply.