31 Aug, 12:16AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

Slimming pills

Subscribe to Slimming pills 53 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    149,790 posts since Feb '01
    • side effect is death...

Originally posted by chunyong:
      hmmm....ephedrine*.....best....plus caffeine...sure sweat until u siao...then u go run....burn fats like nobody business

* Banned in SG
    867 posts since Nov '05
    • Ai yo.. now got promotion very tempted to buy Xando 90 tablets for $100+ only, normally it’ll cost $200+... Hmm.. if i detox, i’ll be loseing fat or water? Also, the Dong Fang Bi Li endorse detox box (its blue box) good or not?

2,664 posts since Jun '04
    • Originally posted by klishcia:
      Ai yo.. now got promotion very tempted to buy Xando 90 tablets for $100+ only, normally it'll cost $200+... Hmm.. if i detox, i'll be loseing fat or water? Also, the Dong Fang Bi Li endorse detox box (its blue box) good or not?

if u gain back kg after stop then more likely to be water

6,221 posts since Jul '03
    • Originally posted by the Bear:
      side effect is death...

US lifted the ban liao....most common side effect is rapid heartbeat.

• the lobbyists are strong there...

they have actually legislated the increase of the amount of arsenic in the water since Bush took over...

i wonder which part of this:

These serious adverse effects, include hypertension (elevated blood pressure), palpitations (rapid heart rate), neurophathy (nerve damage), myopathy (muscle injury), psychosis, stroke, memory loss, heart rate irregularities, insomnia, nervousness, tremors, seizures, heart attacks, and death.

did they not understand?

Originally posted by chunyong:
      US lifted the ban liao....most common side effect is rapid heartbeat.
    2,895 posts since Mar '05
    • Originally posted by pqr:
      detox must have strong descipline..

check your Mailbox...i PM to you

i also want .. Smile Laughing

867 posts since Nov '05
    • If i don't buy slimming pills, will 21st century 'Fat Burner' work? 21st century is brand that sells vitamins etc.. It helps to 'burn' off fat even when you're sleeping. Will this be safer? Embarassed

• note down the ingredients..

then google each ingredient to see what kind of side effects are...

Originally posted by klishcia:
      If i don't buy slimming pills, will 21st century 'Fat Burner' work? 21st century is brand that sells vitamins etc.. It helps to 'burn' off fat even when you're sleeping. Will this be safer? Embarassed
    33,827 posts since Oct '04
    • Hi, Klischia.

From what I know, most diet pills work on one or more of the following modus operandi :

- they act as detoxification agents, 'flushing' out 'impurites' (and also fluids) out of your body and since water weight is dense, you'll end up appearing to 'lose a lot of weight'; or

- they interfere with the body's metabolism, containing chemicals which increase your metabolic rate so that fat is burned at a faster rate; or

- they work like Xenical, the famous drug that basically ensures that any lipids are coated and then leaves the body without giving it a chance to be digested and eventually assimilated as body fat. The notorious side effect of this is - fecal incontinence, which can be an extremely socially-crippling ailment and defeats the purpose of helping you slim down cause who wants to be near a slim, but fecal incontinent person, y'know? Razz

So, as you can see, all diet pills interfere with your natural body processes to a certain extent. Different bodies will react different to the same pills and produce different results. However, you should pay due consideration to the side effects that these pills may cause.

It isn't uncommon for the following side effects to occur :
      dehydration, heart palpitations, nausea, giddiness, restlessness, etc.

Basically, whenever you pop a pill, you're introducing foreign substances into your body and depending on how efficient your liver is, it may or may not be able to metabolise these agents well. Some of these agents end up causing damage to the liver or kidneys.

The big question is, is it worth it? Razz Would you want to be plump and healthy with rosy cheeks or slim but sickly and like the famous Lin Dai Yu of 'Dream of the Red Chambers' (Hong2 Long2 Mong4)? Razz

Doctors always recommend diet and exercise. A lifestyle change is usually what's needed. Don't opt for the easy way out because you just never know what the consequences might be.

From my personal experience, whenever we get a young patient with abnormal liver function test results, I always hear the doctors asking amongst themselves, "Is this patient on diet pills?"

Now, isn't that telling? Razz

239 posts since Dec '04
    • check this out:

this stuff?

the potentially harmful substance in the pills are:

L-Carnitine

Along with its needed effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur, they may need medical attention.

Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:

More common
      High blood pressure

Less common
      Fast heartbeat; fever

Rare
      Seizures

The following side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. However, check with your doctor if any of these effects continue or are bothersome:

More common
      Abdominal or stomach cramps; diarrhea; headache; nausea or vomiting

Less common
      Abdominal discomfort; body odor; depression; dizziness; impaired vision; loss of appetite or weight; swelling in hands, lower legs, and feet; tingling sensation; weakness

Other side effects not listed above may also occur in some patients. If you notice any other effects, check with your doctor.

Chromium Picolinate

found that it could damage the genetic material of hamsters cells

Citrus Aurantium

Serious Side Effects
      Cancer
      Liver damage
      Kidney damage
      Heart problems
      Death

867 posts since Nov '05
    • How about buying an organic detox set? To flush out all the impurities and water then diet. I know that when we detox, may have headche, acne problems (pimples poping out), go toilet alot etc. But after that, the body will be clean.

It'll be better, right?

• by the way, detox is a myth..

placebo effect and all you are doing is losing water..

detoxification is a fad diet thing... sort of like the Atkins Diet, only it doesn't kill you Laughing

but it's ineffective...

here are a few articles which were written about it..

click here => British Scientists advise you not to waste time and money on this scam

and here => Detox Diets are a waste of time and money

here comes the science..

our own body has it's own detoxification process which is so much better than any ham-fisted "diet"...

the gut will prevent any bacteria and most toxins from entering the body by refusing to ingest it and passing it out... whatever is actually ingested will be cleaned up by the liver which will combine it with its own chemicals, making it water soluble and then the kidney will get rid of it!

just keep the body hydrated with ORDINARY TAP WATER!

if you do not believe me, for crying out loud, google it!

this site is probably the most common-sensical about it.. and it asked a few doctors, scientist and clinicians to comment about "detoxification"...

read about it in the aptly named website => Sense About Science

want to lose weight, there is no short cut... eat right, eat healthy, eat less, EXERCISE..

the math is simple: intake of calories less than output of calories = weight loss

good luck everyone! and please don't buy into scams, just think and do your research well,. because your health is at risk Wink

GOOD LUCK! Very Happy

by the way, detox is a myth..

placebo effect and all you are doing is losing water..

detoxification is a fad diet thing... sort of like the Atkins Diet, only it doesn't kill you Laughing

but it's ineffective...

here are a few articles which were written about it..

click here => British Scientists advise you not to waste time and money on this scam

and here => Detox Diets are a waste of time and money

here comes the science..

our own body has it's own detoxification process which is so much better than any ham-fisted "diet"...

the gut will prevent any bacteria and most toxins from entering the body by refusing to ingest it and passing it out... whatever is actually ingested will be cleaned up by the liver which will combine it with its own chemicals, making it water soluble and then the kidney will get rid of it!

just keep the body hydrated with ORDINARY TAP WATER!

if you do not believe me, for crying out loud, google it!

this site is probably the most common-sensical about it.. and it asked a few doctors, scientist and clinicians to comment about "detoxification"...

read about it in the aptly named website => Sense About Science

want to lose weight, there is no short cut... eat right, eat healthy, eat less, EXERCISE..

the math is simple: intake of calories less than output of calories = weight loss

good luck everyone! and please don't buy into scams, just think and do your research well,. because your health is at risk Wink

GOOD LUCK! Very Happy

i tried already with my organic powder and i have lost 1 inche of fats of my waist....i did not excercise at all !

So my experience proves to me that is not a myth...

there are always papers writting that this is not real ....just as not many papers can prove that chinese medicine such as acutpressure (spelling?) can work but for those that have used it swear by it...

of course it have to be done by those skillful chinese doctors lah....

so is up to each individual lor

• Originally posted by klishcia:
      How about buying an organic detox set? To flush out all the impurities and water then diet. I know that when we detox, may have headche, acne problems (pimples poping out), go toilet alot etc. But after that, the body will be clean.

It'll be better, right?

yes...it should last only a few days...anything more than that is something wrong

the severness of the "side effect" vary from each individual to another

1,020 posts since Aug '05
    • Originally posted by charmmm:
      go to private doc. ask for panbesy or xinicle

ehh dun try xinicle... btw i dun think its this spelling also. Xenical i think*
      Hmm... i've tried it long ago, the effect is that it make u lose the oil u consume... i.e when u go toilet and do ur big business... got oil one...
      and if the medicine doesn't fits u... u'll go on having diarroea de~

Edited by joeacid 29 Jan `06, 5:59PM
    • you lose water.. not fat..

acupuncture and acupressure was explained by the chinese physician to my sister.. it's not fat.. it's mostly water that is lost..

people with weight problems usually have water retention problems.. they will help you remove that water and you feel less bloated..

loss of water = loss of that 1 inch..

and again, i reiterate, it's NOT fat you lose..

detox has always been a scam.. think about it and figure out what the stomach, the liver and kidneys are for.. there is no scientific basis of detoxification and there never will be.. you have probably been scammed for a vegetable powders.. something which you will get from eating the fresh vegetables properly.. you may actually get better nutrients from the fresh stuff!

btw, my sister has detoxed to heck and back.. religiously... she's still grossly overweight...

she only started to lose weight when she started to eat properly (which meant a huge variety of foods) and eat less (70% of what she usually eats) and through exercise..

there is NO short cut...

the only short cut is liposuction and even that has its dangers..

Originally posted by pqr:
      i tried already with my organic powder and i have lost 1 inche of fats of my waist....i did not excercise at all !

So my experience proves to me that is not a myth...

there are always papers writting that this is not real ....just as not many papers can prove that chinese medicine such as acutpressure (spelling?) can work but for those that have used it swear by it...

of course it have to be done by those skillful chinese doctors lah....

so is up to each individual lor
      you lose water.. not fat..

acupuncture and acupressure was explained by the chinese physician to my sister.. it's not fat.. it's mostly water that is lost..

people with weight problems usually have water retention problems.. they will help you remove that water and you feel less bloated..

loss of water = loss of that 1 inch..

and again, i reiterate, it's NOT fat you lose..

detox has always been a scam.. think about it and figure out what the stomach, the liver and kidneys are for.. there is no scientific basis of detoxification and there never will be.. you have probably been scammed for a vegetable powders.. something which you will get from eating the fresh vegetables properly.. you may actually get better nutrients from the fresh stuff!

btw, my sister has detoxed to heck and back.. religiously... she's still grossly overweight...

she only started to lose weight when she started to eat properly (which meant a huge variety of foods) and eat less (70% of what she usually eats) and through exercise..

there is NO short cut...

the only short cut is liposuction and even that has its dangers..

if is water...would not i gain back the 1 inche?
      i have not gain the 1 inche since i lost > 6 months ago

are u sure the fresh vegetables are fresh?

yes they can be fresh but are they free from chemicals such as pestides ?

I am a firm believer in organic food...believe it or not...is up to each individual choice and belief

Edited by pqr 29 Jan `06, 7:27PM
    • it's water.. you have not gained it back probably because it's excess water...

happened to my sister after acupuncture too.. she went for a host of problems with her back.. and ended up losing a lot of water..

her waistline as well as her ankles were "smaller"..

think.. it is simple math.. you cannot lose weight if you eat more stuff (the pills)

you can only lose weight if you lose more calories than you ingest.. and if you are taking pills that will make you lose weight as you eat the same amount, you are messing with the body functions.. and that is something you don't want to mess with...

i would think people's bodies are all messed up if they do these things... causing the body to not absorb calories when it's supposed to, and tricking it into thinking it's diabetic (the disgraced Atkins Diet) in order that the body loses weight, have shown to be dangerous...

detox is just another one of these fads... it may not prove to be dangerous, but it has proven to be pointless...

continue with it if you think it works.. it may be a placebo effect, or it could be you actually looking out for what you are eating... that may actually be the cause of your weight loss, not those little pills taken..

again, i reiterate, there is NO short cut to weight loss...

and if exercise and sensible diet doesn't help, consult a doctor or a dietician, heck! it'll be cheaper and safer than buying $99 bottles of "vegetable powders"...

it'll be cheaper and safer than buying $99 bottles of "vegetable powders"...

i believe my organic vegetables is much more safer than your fresh vegetables which contain chemcials...

read "nature cures they don't want you to know" by kevin trudeau

• you believe in the "organic vegetables" that came in a pill?

seriously.. think about what you have just written..

anyway, i believe organic vegetables are good for you... however, it's not going to "cure" people... it's the same type of "these crystals will clean your chakra" things...

it may cause you to be more healthy, but it's not going to "cure" you of anything..

again, think about the science of it.. don't go believing in the mumbo-jumbo of new age fellas.. almost all are con-artists...

ask them: give me the facts.. and you'll probably get none..

Originally posted by pqr:
      i believe my organic vegetables is much more safer than your fresh vegetables which contain chemcials...

read "nature cures they don't want you to know" by kevin trudeau

1,434 posts since Jan '06
Please Login or Signup to reply.