21 Sep, 09:50AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

anbody here pray to monkey god?

Subscribe to anbody here pray to monkey god? 32 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    49 posts since Jul '06
    • In china he's alled Sun Wu Kong

In India, he's called Hanuman

In both cultures, he's said to possess immense strenght and extraordinary abilities.

Inmy life, praying to him has helped me. It is true. It is good god.

Edited by Disclaimer 31 Jul `06, 1:49AM
    • He's a warlord

Embodiment of Strength & Tenacity
      Hanuman, the mighty ape that aided Lord Rama in his expedition against evil forces, is one of the most popular idols in the Hindu pantheon. Believed to be an avatar of Lord Shiva, Hanuman is worshipped as a symbol of physical strength, perseverance and devotion.

Hanuman's tale in the epic Ramayana wherein he is assigned the responsibility to locate Rama's wife Sita abducted by Ravana, the demon King of Lanka is known for its astounding ability to inspire and equip a reader with all the ingredients needed to face ordeals and conquer obstructions in the way

To reach theLankahe had to fly over the sea but there was blocked by Sursa, a ferocious giant demon who wanted to test him. She had a boon that everybody who comes before her must pass through her mouth. However, when she wanted to swallow Hanuman, he became bigger and bigger so she also had to become bigger and bigger. Then Hanuman suddenly became very small and went in through her ear, coming out of her mouth, thus fulfilling the boon.

Edited by Disclaimer 31 Jul `06, 2:17AM
    3,342 posts since Oct '05
    49 posts since Jul '06
    598 posts since Mar '06
    • Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but is Hanoman supposed to be prayed to? I thought he is merely a character in the Ramayana story.

49 posts since Jul '06
    • Originally posted by #$%^&*:
      Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but is Hanoman supposed to be prayed to? I thought he is merely a character in the Ramayana story.

yes if ten why will hthe god be in hindu temple.

The temple at the south bridge road has a big statue.

2,694 posts since May '06
    • Originally posted by the.owl:
      only monkeys pray to him, didnt you know that? Rolling Eyes

ur insulting every1 who prayed to the monkey god. go slap urself.

5,483 posts since Oct '05
    • if monkey can be god...why are there still monkeys?

Edited by NT2 01 Aug `06, 9:54PM
    1,308 posts since May '06
    • Well since you say if monkey can be god then why are there still monkeys ? Then have you ever ask yourself , if human can become god then why are there still humans ?

• Patriot
    119,373 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by TWE:
      Well since you say if monkey can be god then why are there still monkeys ? Then have you ever ask yourself , if human can become god then why are there still humans ?

Laughing

• Originally posted by TWE:
      Well since you say if monkey can be god then why are there still monkeys ? Then have you ever ask yourself , if human can become god then why are there still humans ?

that is a good qeuestion. i like it. since when did humans become God?

3,342 posts since Oct '05
    • Originally posted by RaTtY8l:
      ur insulting every1 who prayed to the monkey god. go slap urself.

why should I slap myself, who the hell in the right mind prays to Sun Wu Kong? he is the god at his monkey mountain only and he is just the disciple of a monk why would he be a god to anyone else.

16,378 posts since Aug '05
    23,172 posts since Jul '04
      why should I slap myself, who the hell in the right mind prays to Sun Wu Kong? he is the god at his monkey mountain only and he is just the disciple of a monk why would he be a god to anyone else.

i think gt hear before.

at least gt people pray to zhu ba jie. Laughing

• Originally posted by Ito_^:
      i think gt hear before.

at least gt people pray to zhu ba jie. Laughing

i also heard zhu ba jie is a patron deity for red light district?

79 posts since Aug '06
    • there’s a new temple for Monkey God—Qi Tian Da Sheng , still building in progress coming up @ Punggol

6,691 posts since Apr '05
    • Originally posted by NT2:
      i also heard zhu ba jie is a patron deity for red light district?

Laughing red light district de ppl oso ppl ma.

2,694 posts since May '06

for your info, my family prayed to sun wukong b4. theey prayed to sun wukong since i was v young.

1,416 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by #$%^&*:
      Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but is Hanoman supposed to be prayed to? I thought he is merely a character in the Ramayana story.

Sun Wu Kong is also just a character in journey to the west novel

490 posts since Jun '03

please respect other peoples' religion and belives whatever they are...u ought to be banned!!!!!!!!

• Originally posted by ipjh79:
      please respect other peoples' religion and belives whatever they are...u ought to be banned!!!!!!!!

never mind la. it jus shows he is stupid.

6,186 posts since Jan '03
    79 posts since Aug '06
    • Originally posted by digicharat:
      guan gong no god right?
      then how come hk mata like to pray to him?

besides hk mata , ironically , i think those secret society members also pray to guan gong

254 posts since Apr '06
    • No, I do not pray to the monkey god but I do pray that the bloody monkeys at Rifle Range Road would migrate to Johore or KL cos they are a pain in the arse and they are good for nothing and they embarass the hell out of female visitors when they mate anytime and any place…and they are protected by NParks !

Please Login or Signup to reply.