01 Sep, 09:31PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

Ending of CHANGI VILLAGE Flea Market !!!

Subscribe to Ending of CHANGI VILLAGE Flea Market !!! 14 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    13 posts since Dec '09
    • Anybody has been visiting Changi Village Flea Market recently ??? How u all find this place ??? But according to my latest info , Changi Village Flea Mart will end on 19th December 2009 !!!

Well , as far as i have known .......Changi Village is a well known place for "AH Kwah" during the past . "AH Kwah" is Hokkien language for those men who have turn into women ..........

But now ......... after the Flea Market started about 2 years ago despite rain or shine , will come to an end on 19th December 2009 .

I am Crystal Ong , writing on behalf on all the vendors who are regulars supporters of the RJ services weekly no matter rain or shine . 

All the vendors have been working very hard bringing all kinds of stuffs , no matter using wat kind of transport just to travel to Changi ........ just to set up their individual "nest" , bringing all kinds of "wonders" , building up wat we have now ------- "lighted" Changi Village Flea Market !!!     

The worst n scary part ...........

Christmas n Chinese New Year is around the corner . Regulars vendors will definietly prepare some "valuables" and get ready for the coming festive seasons ............... Now , dont know who n what kind of management ............suddenly put a stop immediately !!! Never even give the vendors at least 3 months to clear up the stocks !!! 

Some vendors have kids n house to support .........Provided festive seasons is around the corner .......School is opening soon .......How come this "management" make such a decision in such a manner !!!

Welcome all views n comments :))) Good day everyone :)))))    

• Haizzzzzzzzzzzz

8,225 posts since May '03
    • Yay....got "AH Kwah" there, me used to go Changi Village Flea Market to see clothes ~

Don't be so disappointed, maybe you shouldn't mention about "AH Kwah" because alot of people in here are terrified of them.

Don't believe me?

Am I "AH Kwah"? angel.png

13 posts since Dec '09
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    245,302 posts since Dec '99
    13 posts since Dec '09
    • Hi fire , thanks for popping in ...................

• Hello everyone who is a supporter of changi village flea market ..............Thanks for popping in .......Me will be offline until after midnight ........Pray for weather to be fine ..................Pray for retaintion of the whole flea market to be "lighted" again :o

Welcome all views n comments :0

67,571 posts since Feb '08
    8,961 posts since Sep '04
    13 posts since Dec '09
    • Hi everyone , i just got home from the flea market ..........Today the weather is fine on the later part of the evening . Reporters n camera n channel 5 are there ...............

• news from papers stated flea market "snatched" away the business of the store vendors there :0

whether is true ????

• Hello all , no matter wat is the decision or outcome .........Haiz..........Life still have to go on ................. 

Everyone is just finding some extra income for "everything" in life .....................just a little "extra income" can increase the power of "spending" ..................:0

For my case , i am born with sickness since birth . I struggle so much to survive on my monthly expenses without owing a single cent from my immediate family . I rather find my "bread" by myself than keep asking help here n there ........Thats y i ended up in the flea market .

I hope everyone in Singapore can work hand in hand just to make our home a more "harmonious" place to live in ...........Recently , theres a talk about Singaporeans love to complaint even over a minor thing ...........Not like those comments from the papers ------- bcos of the flea market , cant find parking lots .....................

For those who oppose the resuming of the flea market , think of the positive side ....................Everything has pro n cons .............. Theres a lot of ppl at Changi Village ever since the flea market started ......................

Even we as a human with a brain sometimes can make silly mistakes .........................Once a week on saturday (exclude raining day) really can cause all the carparks in changi village to be full ???????????????

RIDICULOUS right !!!        

These people have nothing to do !!! All they know is to complaint n complaint !!!

If the flea market takes up 2 weekends , i have nothing to say ...............There are still 1 more weekend (Sunday) weekly for the store vendors to have business from their regular customer ...........So funny .........Flea market "steal" away their business ......................Let say if the hawker centre food is awful , result in poor business , can they still put the blame on the vendors that we are " stealing " their business opportunity ???? No one sell bicycle , no one sell food , no one sell hardware etc .........................

HOW TO STEAL UR BUSINESS IN A SINGLE DAY WEEKLY ??????

Doesnt make sense at all !!!     

53 posts since Dec '09
    • that's sad to hear...but true lar, flea markets everywhere...so nvm...can go elsewhere...

13 posts since Dec '09
    • Hi , thanks for popping in :)

Ya its sad , most of the vendors are very upset :0

I am a vendor there myself , but i cant help much to save the whole flea market ..........

Hope for the best ....................... 

Please Login or Signup to reply.