26 May, 08:09AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

Quran Classes?

Subscribe to Quran Classes? 13 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • yashtwe's Avatar
    2 posts since May '12
    • Hi all,

      I'm a 22-year old Chinese Singaporean studying in the US. I have taken 2 years of Arabic classes at my university, and while I'm home this summer, I'd like to take up quran classes to deepen my knowledge of Islam and Arabic reading comprehension, in-sha'allah.

      Does anyone know how I might go about finding Quran classes in Singapore with instruction either in English or Arabic? (unfortunately, I don't speak Malay) Could any of our muslim friends here point me to some resources?

      I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks!

       

  • fudgester's Avatar
    25,382 posts since Jan '04
  • ISTARI's Avatar
    270 posts since Feb '11
    • You dont have to speak malay to understand arabic. My malay friend told me that while they can recite the quran, most do not understand the meaning. Hence, they usually refer to the quran with english translations. I'm glad you're keen on learning arabic. As a muslim convert myself, i too will be learning arabic in a few months time. If you want to deepen your knowledge on islam, i suggest you watch debate or friendly discussion videos of Dr zakir naik or sheikh ahmed dedat on youtube. They have immense knowledge for islam. They'd be able to answer a few unanswered questions you've been longing to hear. 

  • Susanteo2011's Avatar
    1,053 posts since Jul '11
    • Originally posted by ISTARI:

      You dont have to speak malay to understand arabic. My malay friend told me that while they can recite the quran, most do not understand the meaning. Hence, they usually refer to the quran with english translations. I'm glad you're keen on learning arabic. As a muslim convert myself, i too will be learning arabic in a few months time. If you want to deepen your knowledge on islam, i suggest you watch debate or friendly discussion videos of Dr zakir naik or sheikh ahmed dedat on youtube. They have immense knowledge for islam. They'd be able to answer a few unanswered questions you've been longing to hear. 

       

       

      just a bunch of deluded fools believing in something that they dont't even understand.......................sigh................

  • ISTARI's Avatar
    270 posts since Feb '11
    • Deluded? Fools? Believing in something we dont understand? Tell me what it is that i dont understand that you pretty much do???! You should shut your vile, vulgar, dirty mouth. I think it is you who are delusional and deluded. Why dont you back up your facts to see who is the deluded one? 

  • Shadow08's Avatar
    16 posts since May '12
    • Hey keep up your good work. I am happy to know that you are learning arabic and trying to read and understand qur'an. :)

  • Susanteo2011's Avatar
    1,053 posts since Jul '11
    • Originally posted by ISTARI:

      Deluded? Fools? Believing in something we dont understand? Tell me what it is that i dont understand that you pretty much do???! You should shut your vile, vulgar, dirty mouth. I think it is you who are delusional and deluded. Why dont you back up your facts to see who is the deluded one? 

       

      let me ask you ah............if God or Allah or whatever created guys with foreskin..........

       

      then why he should consider it unclean and guy must go for genital mutilation........aka circumcision ?

       

      why don't God correct his mistake (gosh ! God makes mistakes too !) and remove the foreskin in the 1st place ?

  • missqi's Avatar
    15,891 posts since May '06
    • Side qn: Any good (and not too expensive) classes in SG that teach Arabic to complete beginners? :)

  • ISTARI's Avatar
    270 posts since Feb '11
    • Excuse me susan teo, 

      Do you know that it is not unlawful or wrong in Islam to not be circumcised? 

      It is just that it is highly encouraged because of hygiene purposes, skin infections etc, BalanoPhostitis, Urinary tract infections, Human papIlloma viruses that causes warts.

       

      Btw, All Jewish and some christians in this world undergone circumsision ok??

       

    • And susan teo, are you an ATHEIST? And if you are, Good Luck annd all the Best! Cos im not going to try to convert you or any religion as it is

  • Susanteo2011's Avatar
    1,053 posts since Jul '11
    • Originally posted by ISTARI:

      Excuse me susan teo,  Do you know that it is not unlawful or wrong in Islam to not be circumcised?  It is just that it is highly encouraged because of hygiene purposes, skin infections etc, BalanoPhostitis, Urinary tract infections, Human ...

       

      aiyah....whether circumcision is compulsory or not is immaterial..............

       

      the fact that it exist is already a HUGE FLAW of this man-made religion..........

  • Ssirajjj's Avatar
    170 posts since Mar '10
  • maskedangel's Avatar
    10,432 posts since Jul '07
Please Login or Signup to reply.