26 May, 08:17AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

What are '' Friends '' means to YOU?

Subscribe to What are  '' Friends '' means to YOU? 45 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    1 post since Sep '12
    • Friends are people who support your life from the beginning and through the end, non-judgmentally and with your best interests at heart. They're sounding boards, guides and shoulders to lean on. There are times when, for one reason or other, we lack friends. For some people this is a choice, and not a problem at all; many people, however, struggle with this situation.

Perhaps you've moved away from existing friends or perhaps there are transitions within your usual group of friends that have left you on the outer. Sometimes our lifestyle loses us friends, such as when we marry, have children or focus intently on careers. Whatever the reason, living without friends can leave people who crave companionship feeling sad, weary and quite alone. Learning to live through a period of life without friends requires trust in yourself, a willingness to keep reaching out and a certainty that this is a phase in your life, and that some day soon, the friends you desire will grace your doorstep again.

Can people really cope without friends whether in school / work ?

1,009 posts since May '10
    • Yes the description matches Utopian reality. In modern world, some one who can be useful is a friend for most.Not for me though.

1,972 posts since Mar '08
    • To me, Friends are people "[who'll] be there for you, when the rain starts to fall."

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    266,175 posts since Dec '99
    8,244 posts since May '05
    • Still need some friends, can't survive all by yourself in this cold society. Lucky you'll find good friends, unlucky you get screwed by them. Friends come and go, strange but true...

17 posts since Aug '12
    • "Friends won't let you do stupid things alone" but seriously though, to have a good relationship it may be a friend or a loved one.  

Edited by FireIce 26 Sep `12, 11:28PM
    838 posts since Jan '12
    • It depends on what we define as friends. If we define everybody in our facebook as our friends then we have a lot of friends. But ultimately these people in your facebook, are they going to visit you, if you are in hospital? Are they going to help you when you need their advice? They are more like acquaintances.

If you up the definition and requirements, friends are people who are there for you, then you would probably have two or three close friends in your life.

The thing, is we should not put so much expectation on a friend, after all, they will disappoint you. If your birthday comes, and your best friend forgets to text to wish you, you may get offended. Every one of us have our private lifes and friends do not have the obligation to care about you. Nobody is free to constantly keep in touch. Sometimes even close friends see each other like 3 times a year and this is for the working people.

This is why I say, most important thing in our life is family. Family stick with us high or low. Not friends. Friends come and go. The friends that you were close to during school years, are not so close anymore, if you bump them in the streets, they likely say hi and bye to you. From school to work, your set of friends change. But family never change. This is why we should not try to be single, get married and have kids.

18 posts since Sep '12
    • Friends are.....like...."Eh i know you slept with his girlfriend, Tonight i am going to Bao To you", If you want to still be able to live...Better do what i say....

• Let me tell you about friendship...."In their LAST moments, People show you who the truly are", So in a Way....I knew your friends better than you ever did...So.....Which one do you want to know are Cowards ? 

1,763 posts since Mar '09
    • If you want to know whether an friend is "true" friends, just ask them whether can lend you some money you will know how "sincerely" they are. And no for forget to mention that if one day you are sick or got accident (touch wood) and need to stay in hospital, is your family or your friend going to boot your medical bill ?

18 posts since Sep '12
    • Aiyah....How to lend you money ? My parents give me the money leh....If you borrow from me, might as well borrow from my parents...So what ? Go and die la..

1 post since Sep '12
    • Originally posted by Joshualow387:

Aiyah....How to lend you money ? My parents give me the money leh....If you borrow from me, might as well borrow from my parents...So what ? Go and die la..

Agreed, the same can be said to shit like Naruto the pang sai, it should also go and "mati"

1,972 posts since Mar '08
    • Originally posted by M the name:

If you want to know whether an friend is "true" friends, just ask them whether can lend you some money you will know how "sincerely" they are. And no for forget to mention that if one day you are sick or got accident (touch wood) and need to stay in hospital, is your family or your friend going to boot your medical bill ?

If I had enough money, I would gladly pay for all my friends's medical expenses if they are sick.

30 posts since Sep '12
    11 posts since Jan '12
    • Friends are:

- People who aren't only by your side at your best but would gladly be there for you when you're at your worst.

- Those who don't judge you for your actions

- Grow up with but don't grow apart from you

30 posts since Sep '12
    • I think everyone would need friends, but somehow when they have their other half, they tend to spend lesser time with their friends. but you don need friends to be by your side all the time. sometimes a phonecall is all they or youself need.

170 posts since Mar '10
    • friends come n go ,meet new ones now n then but family members r always there please think in difficulty they r only ones nearby ,try asking money from friend they will no have .

9 posts since Oct '12
    • friends is pretty broad.. all the way from hi-bye acquaintences to those super close friends that you trust and share everything with. And I think that having both types are important!

3 posts since Oct '12
    • To have really good friends' a bonus. As we get older, friends regardless of how close we were eventually move on, with the exception of probably a few. 

Its awesome if you have real good friends but be confident with being by yourself man!

6 posts since Aug '09
    • it feels different in various culture. By the large, friend should be frank, honest and supportive. We need different types of friends for our life needs definitely.

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    266,175 posts since Dec '99
    8,443 posts since Dec '05
    71 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by troublemaker2005:

friends means nothing to me

May i see your Identity card, pls? I suspect you are having a panic disorder, anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, passive-aggressive behavior, sadism, a few emotional personality disorders (narcissism, histrionics, anti-social behavior). And some signs of psychopathy.

I would recommend you see a doctor for the sole purpose of having certain medications prescribed to you

I am not sure if you are able to obtain medicinal marijuana, but it has been proven to help deal with erratic behavior. Again, ask your doctor, but I am 100% sure that whatever you have is not treatable, the best you can do is suppress it with medication so that it doesn't get too out of control.

Please Login or Signup to reply.