Non-religious Funeral in Singapore?

Subscribe to Non-religious Funeral in Singapore? 16 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    1,419 posts since Nov '11
    5,614 posts since Nov '11
    • I was a christian actually. Non-religious people consist of ex-religious people, atheists (people who do not believe in any god(s), agnostics (people who feel that there might be anything out there but not worth knowing), humanist (people who live life according to conscience and quality of life).

These are the non-religious people. For me, as a non-religious person, i would rather return my ashes back to nature (sea or soil) than to keep it in an urn for people to worship, because i know when i die, there is no more me.

Something like that. Any thoughts?

• What about people with no religions but seek help from religions when they are having problems?

Do you still consider these people having no religions?

• As long as they believe a sort of "higher being or power" can help them, I would consider them as "religious".

The definition of religious - Having or showing belief in and reverence for a God or a deity

• Originally posted by Tcmc:

As long as they believe a sort of "higher being or power" can help them, I would consider them as "religious".

The definition of religious - Having or showing belief in and reverence for a God or a deity

then i think I am religious.    I have no religions

• I see I see. So all other gods except the muslim and christian ones.

Hmm.. Do you know the origins of the gods you pray to?

• Life itself has too many problems.   To me as long as it is with no harm and they are helpful i don't care about their originality.    

Hope you are not stirring up some kind of complications.    

• Nope i am not stirring any complications. But just curious about the origins. If you are not comfortable to share, it's ok :)

109 posts since Jun '10
    • in terms of pricing and funeral services, which casket Co. (besides SPORE CASKET in lavender and Mt Vernon) have wake venues for the bereaved family to hold the wake ?

• I am not sure too. I am non-religious myself and I hope to have a nonreligious funeral. But then, this service seems to be lacking in Singapore.

I guess I can approach the usual casket companies and request them to hold a non-religious version?

6,640 posts since Dec '11
    • I prefer mine to be ritualised. 

I will be buried in Malaysia. Inside have alot of sweets, snacks, canned food, some technology like clocks, watches, smartphones.

When people dig it up, wow, I am a rich person. 

Please Login or Signup to reply.