25 Apr, 06:25PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

Is it okay for a student to change the date of his/her MC?

Subscribe to Is it okay for a student to change the date of his/her MC? 18 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    13 posts since Oct '13
    • I have an important assignment but my teacher will only grade it if my Medical Certificate covers the dateline of submission. However, the MC I got only covers one day but I was really sick and rested for two days. (Second day was the date of submission). Parents letters are not allowed. 

Is it safe for me to alter the dates on the MC? Will the teacher call the clinic to verify? 

4,047 posts since Dec '03
    • Police have arrested a 22-year-old female student who is involved in several cases of Forgery of Medical Certificates.  

It is believe the suspect had sold forged Medical Certificates to other students, who in turn submitted them to their respective schools to skip classes. The students had contacted the suspect through social media and subsequently arranged to meet up with the suspect to purchase the forged Medical Certificates (MCs), which had the letterheads of legitimate clinics fraudulently printed on them. The forged MCs were detected when the teacher of the school in the east became suspicious and verified the students’ medical records with the respective clinics, which then exposed the ruse. A police report was then lodged.

Through protracted investigations and extensive follow-up, officers from Ang Mo Kio Police Division managed to establish the identity of the suspect who sold the MCs to the students. On 22 May 2013 at about 10.30 pm , the suspect was arrested in the vicinity of Ang Mo Kio Avenue 9. A stack of forged MCs was also found at the suspect’s house and seized as case exhibit. Preliminary investigations revealed that the suspect had sold the forged MCs to at least 30 students between March 2013 and May 2013.

Investigations against the suspect as well as the students involved are on-going. The offence of Forgery for the Purpose of Cheating under Section 468 of the Penal Code Chapter 224, carries a maximum jail term of up to 10 years’ imprisonment, and shall also be liable to fine.

Commander of Ang Mo Kio Police Division, Deputy Assistant Commissioner of Police (DAC) Keok Tong San, commended his officers for their good investigation which resulted in the arrest of the suspect and protected the integrity of the affected clinics. He also cautioned that forging Medical Certificates in order to skip school or work is tantamount to a criminal offence and the Police will not hesitate to take such persons to task.

PUBLIC AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
      SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
      24 May 2013 @ 4.10pm

Edited by eac 10 Oct `13, 9:39PM
    2,754 posts since Oct '13
    47,966 posts since May '08
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    265,951 posts since Dec '99
    • u think teachers wun know u changed?

and why always ngam ngam ho deadline day fall sick or computer tio virus or pet hamster die?

25,382 posts since Jan '04
    • If you're sick of your life and are begging to get expelled, by all means go ahead.

If you think that's harsh, my colleague got fired five minutes after she submitted an MC with an obviously-altered date.

8 posts since Oct '13
    • Sian.. I know that feel.. At least your sch accept MC. Some schools like YJC got this sickening college policy, even with MC also they don't accept. As a result, I got 0/25 for my test. It's not even a major exam, but these tests determine if you promote or not >.< 

Which school are you from? I think they should accept if you give an MC attached with the parents letter? Parents letter should state that you were still not feeling well but already went to see a doctor on the (insert date) and on medication. It would be pointless to see a doctor again to get medicine. Something along those lines... 

1,763 posts since Mar '09
    • Just revisit your doctor again and request he/she extend your MC (although not sure this doctor of your if need you to pay for his consultation fee again), If you still seriously sick for longer day, you can also request an doctor's letter from him.

If it is not an test/examination but just an assignment, you can always request your close one like your friends, sibling or even parent to pass on your behalf. So what is the issue?

• @M the name, but tt got Marks one... Plus ppl sick the first day then second also same but no mc cover the date so sch shld accept this excuse....  Unless the sch Oso want ppl sick go sch heeehehehe.....

2 posts since Oct '13
    • better don't... later tio caught gg

back to my lunch xD my ice-cream melt already

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    13 posts since Oct '13
    • @Coconeedle96 Thanks dude. That's what I'm planning to do. Hopefully it works. 

And I'm aware that MC forgery is a crime but I'm experience many peers who got away with it. For instance, they altered their MC in order to skip CCA which is really hard to get caught because the CCA teachers don't give a damn even if you skip intentionally. But this time it's something serious, so I'm not sure whether the department will verify the MC.

25,382 posts since Jan '04
    • Originally posted by TypicalGuy394:

@Coconeedle96 Thanks dude. That's what I'm planning to do. Hopefully it works. 

And I'm aware that MC forgery is a crime but I'm experience many peers who got away with it. For instance, they altered their MC in order to skip CCA which is really hard to get caught because the CCA teachers don't give a damn even if you skip intentionally. But this time it's something serious, so I'm not sure whether the department will verify the MC.

Famous last words.

Lance Armstrong also used the defence of 'everyone else is also doing it', and look where that got him.

Do NOT have that kind of mentality. 

Edited by fudgester 13 Oct `13, 10:32AM
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    3,013 posts since Aug '05
    17 posts since Oct '13
    • Using forged MCs to skip school is akin to playing truant in school. If fake MCs are frequently used by the students, the school may conduct an investigation into the matter and verify the “clinics” that are stated on the MCs. If the clinics are detected to be fake, the school may expel the students in relation to the case.

6 posts since Nov '13
    • Just change lah, just make sure u dun get caught can alrdy. Dont nid to always follow rules one

Please Login or Signup to reply.