26 May, 08:22AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

I'm 14 and going to concert alone

Subscribe to I'm 14 and going to concert alone 18 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    2 posts since Oct '13
    • Hi,
      as the title suggests, I'm 14 and I'm going to concert alone next month. Since I'm a guy and I always travel alone everywhere, and I'm actually a foreign student who traveled here to Singapore to study alone, so I'm confident that I can take care of myself. But my parents, using their knowledge of my country's way of conducting concerts, they said it would be too dangerous for me. 
      So my question is, are concerts in Singapore dangerous, and is a 14 year old guy who travels at night all the time capable of going to these concerts alone? 
      The concert is conducted from 7 PM to 9PM.

Thanks in advance

6,640 posts since Dec '11
    • Originally posted by Aquaris:

Hi,
      as the title suggests, I'm 14 and I'm going to concert alone next month. Since I'm a guy and I always travel alone everywhere, and I'm actually a foreign student who traveled here to Singapore to study alone, so I'm confident that I can take care of myself. But my parents, using their knowledge of my country's way of conducting concerts, they said it would be too dangerous for me. 
      So my question is, are concerts in Singapore dangerous, and is a 14 year old guy who travels at night all the time capable of going to these concerts alone? 
      The concert is conducted from 7 PM to 9PM.

Thanks in advance

I am 15 year-old female and sometimes I go home after 10 pm after going for public forums. Yes, it is safe, just stay in lited areas. 

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    266,175 posts since Dec '99
    68,869 posts since Dec '03
    • Yes.

Extremely dangerous.

More dangerous than walking a wire rope over the grand canyon.

865 posts since Jun '13
    2,754 posts since Oct '13
    • Be wary of ur surroundings and walk in well-lit areas. If u sense someone walking near u suspiciously, head towards a place with ppl eg. Going to a bus stop with many ppl, board a bus/taxi. Wish u All the Best!

109 posts since Jun '10
    19,955 posts since Nov '06
    • Extremely safe!

The chance of getting robbed is lower than getting electrocuted by the instant water heater in your bathroom

2,754 posts since Oct '13
    • Originally posted by MyPillowTalks:

Extremely safe!

The chance of getting robbed is lower than getting electrocuted by the instant water heater in your bathroom

Low crime does not mean NO CRIME.

• Originally posted by Boyboyb:

which country are you from ?

its safe at night in singapore.

I assume u r talking to me.

its still better to keep wary than things happening. I'm from SG.

if u hv wAtch crime watch, u shld know it's safer to keep on ur lookout than compromising it.

2 posts since Oct '13
    • Hi I'm the OP,
      thanks for the responses, I'm actually not worried about getting robbed or anything while getting back home, since I'm always out at night and have seen that Singapore is very safe. My concern is actually the concert itself, do people get high and drunk or get into a fight? 
      Thanks

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • what concert is that?

don't think there is alcohol, unless it is a gig in a club. (which is not called a concert and 14 yr olds cant enter)

68,869 posts since Dec '03
    • Yes, they get high and drunk and start throwing glass bottles and cups, people die from their injuries.

6,640 posts since Dec '11
    • Originally posted by Aquaris:

Hi I'm the OP,
      thanks for the responses, I'm actually not worried about getting robbed or anything while getting back home, since I'm always out at night and have seen that Singapore is very safe. My concern is actually the concert itself, do people get high and drunk or get into a fight? 
      Thanks

Unless you are lying to get inside a club. 

865 posts since Jun '13
    15 posts since Oct '13
    • afraid of stampedes? no worries, 99% of the time it is safe to walk in the dim streets of Singapore at night.  as for your family, well... you have to convince them 

31,272 posts since Oct '02
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
Please Login or Signup to reply.