01 Sep, 09:32PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

RIOT LIVE at Little India

Subscribe to RIOT LIVE at Little India 415 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    3,298 posts since Jul '13
    • Originally posted by Honeybunz:

the one who tried to stop ppl from wrecking the bus?  

Yup. Heard that he is the one that stops the people from attacking the bus.

186 posts since Dec '12
    • It's a sad day maybe we are really the last mohicans facing eventual demise..the japanese will fixed their birthrates and economy someday cause they have a strong national and cultural identity...Yamato race and Samurai Spirit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=askfwy6DY7M

Japan will survive and rise again long after SG fade away...go figure..they done induring  Meiji restoration and post WWII...they will do it again!

976 posts since Jan '13
    186 posts since Dec '12
    • How to rely less on foreign labour and build a vibrant working class sporeans should be the way not no alcohol and more regulation that stifle the city

• Build the man first before building a city

976 posts since Jan '13
    • Originally posted by Twilight SG:

How to rely less on foreign labour and build a vibrant working class sporeans should be the way not no alcohol and more regulation that stifle the city

In a way my opinion will +1 this.

Not to say that I am against foreign labour... but against cheap labour.

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    245,302 posts since Dec '99
    • eventually all the cost will be thrown on us 

they did not protest not to go to work 

different story from the bus one

976 posts since Jan '13
    • Originally posted by FireIce:

eventually all the cost will be thrown on us 

they did not protest not to go to work 

different story from the bus one

I agree the cost will be thrown on working singaporeans... but if you look at their lives u will be able to understand and then sympathise.

However I agree with what the govt has to say ...that it is still wrong.

Hopefully though they learn from it and work towards getting rid of their dependence on cheap labour.

The cost thrown on working singaporeans wif good jobs is miniscule compared to their lives.

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • how u know is cheap?

how cheap is cheap?

i think they are pretty ok if they can drink every sun.

i dont even drink every week.

186 posts since Dec '12
    • If sporeans do not spend and invest in their own city state who will :( most of the foreigners remit money back home...cook own meals and do little to stimulate domestic consumption...what you expect from low wages and sporeans joining them the race to the bottom except our low incomes are not remiited cause SG our homeland..sad realities

• Employers need to  see sporeans as national assets not liabilities..who will spend money here to buy their stuff if we are paid peanuts

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    186 posts since Dec '12
    15,860 posts since Apr '02
    • Originally posted by SBS 7603R:

Yup. Heard that he is the one that stops the people from attacking the bus.

oh that one.  ya.  saw the video.  very calm and sensitive.  told the attackers not to wreck the bus.  

hopefully the reporters will be able to identify him soon.  

186 posts since Dec '12
    • The question is how will sporeans react if a disaster many times worse than the riots occured islandwide...everyman for himself looting ?

15,860 posts since Apr '02
    • Singaporeans first!

So Singaporeans will protect Singapore-born Singaporeans first.  

When we have time, and if we remember, we will protect the FTs.  

3,298 posts since Jul '13
    • Originally posted by Honeybunz:

oh that one.  ya.  saw the video.  very calm and sensitive.  told the attackers not to wreck the bus.  

hopefully the reporters will be able to identify him soon.  

I hope so too..

1 post since Dec '13
    186 posts since Dec '12
    4,312 posts since Feb '05
    • Yeap, I saw the breaking news last night and I was actually surprised too. I kept waiting for the press release conference mentioned by the CNA newscaster that surposedly would be broadcast live on CNA TV Live in the early Monday morning of 9th December at 1.10am, then postponed to 1.30am but nothng happended. Then later she announced it would be at 3.00am. I gave up and went to bed lols. Wanted to find out more about it and what the Police got to say about their findings…..Imagine…police cars overturned and burned, an ambulance burned and the a bus smashed up by the migrant workers in Little India.

This reminded me of a scene I saw on TV in the 60s during the racial riots started from China Town and spreading to other parts of Singapore. I remembered my father and two elder brothers standing by outside our kampung house with parangs in their hand to protect the rest of our family members and our kampung house just in case we were attacked. I remembered going outside and standing outside the door and was scolded by my father and two elder brothers to get inside the house. It was quite a frightening experience. I also felt the anxieties and fears of my father and my brothers. Nothing happened to us and luckily too in my kampung, the Malays and Chinese habitants were neutral. They did not side and support any racial groups during the racial riots in the 60s.

About the Little India riot incidence…I think the other friends of that Indian migrant worker that was killed in that fatal accident by the bus…could be the reason for their unruly behaviour. If back in their own country of India, I think the bus driver would have been attacked by the people and beaten to death before the police arrival. I guess they wanted justice to be done to that Singaporean bus driver on the spot….luckily that driver was saved by the police constantables and auxilliary police officers that were presence at the scene.

Just two weeks ago, my wife and I from JB, visited Little India for an evening stroll and did some sights seeing along Little India. We went to Mustafar Shopping Centres and City Square Mall to shop. It was really nice to walk and watch the colourful retail shop houses light busting with all kind of showcase goodies for sales and the variety of Indian Restaurants promoting their dining and cuisines along the main road. We really had a great time there.

Well…lesson learn from here…never ever see these low paid migrant workers as weak or cowards…they could turn violent and dangerous..when they lost their tolerance / patience.

141 posts since May '13
    • 2nd battle of Themopillai somewhere in Asia by 300 indian spartans.

• and why driver arrested for????makes no sense as i had expected from spore....

• driver should sue police if they are arrestting him for an accident.

and the police should sack those policemen who were driving police vehicles that was destroyedby rioters too.what if rioters took ay police service pistols???dont think policemen should be in uniform if they cant proect their own police cars.tey armed wth water pistols???why dont they drive cars away ???police incompetence.....if it were me i think i shot n injured 20 rioters in 1 minute already.....

Edited by Bamboo Ocean Army021 10 Dec `13, 7:58AM
    976 posts since Jan '13
    • Originally posted by FireIce:

how u know is cheap?

how cheap is cheap?

i think they are pretty ok if they can drink every sun.

i dont even drink every week.

Its cheap enuff that we dun wanna do it yar? Singaporeans rather remain jobless than do it?

141 posts since May '13
    • Little India Riot Highlights Ethnic Divide in Singapore
      Guardian Express - 2 hours ago
      www.forbes.com/.../singapores-little-india-riot-a-shock-but-not-a-total-surprise/
      17 hours ago ... A riot in Little India highlights discontent among Singapore's migrant community
      and looks like they got migrants in spore unhappy in spore until they burndown cars,buses,police car,,,,
       spore from other newspapers looks like got ethnic racist problems where cars,busesand streets are on fire  and with 300 crazy indian spartan babarian on streets.
      i bet spore $$$ drop after this.
      Edited by Bamboo Ocean Army021 10 Dec `13, 7:47AM
Please Login or Signup to reply.