Home Chit Chat

What is your ideal age for retirement?

Subscribe to What is your ideal age for retirement? 524 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    16 posts since Jan '17
    9 posts since Jan '17
    8 posts since Mar '09
    13 posts since Dec '16
    • in a man's 30s....young enough to have fun and live it up....to enjoy food....to travel.....and is strong

1 post since Aug '15
    • Originally posted by zulkifli mahmood:

For me 50 or 55 years of age is good. To slow down my life pace and do something that is meaningful for myself and others, understand the meaning of life deeper and my own life before I pass over to the next world.

Hi Zul, I signed up at sgforum some time ago but was not active. I'm a S'porean exploring retiring in JB and saw a few of your postings. You seem to have many years of experience residing there and hope you can share your knowledge and experience. Will like to thank you in advance.

21 posts since Feb '17
    10 posts since Jan '17
    • For me 60 would be ideal. Literally done with life and wants to just settle down watch grand kids grow.

8 posts since Feb '17
    22 posts since Jul '13
    6,045 posts since Feb '05
    • Originally posted by Silver ARIS:

Hi Zul, I signed up at sgforum some time ago but was not active. I'm a S'porean exploring retiring in JB and saw a few of your postings. You seem to have many years of experience residing there and hope you can share your knowledge and experience. Will like to thank you in advance.

Hi Silver ARIS,

Thanks for your message. Just sharing my direct experiences while living, going into semi-retirement in JB. Hope the information will be helpful for those who has the intention to live in JB...while working in Singapore.

All the best to you and I know for sure...you will have a great life in JB as long you do not compare JB with Singapore because that will make you feel miserable. The last advise is learn to live in a BIG COUNTRY because it is different from tiny Singapore.

2 posts since Feb '17
    1 post since Feb '17
    • personnally i think retirement age is up to the individual capability to work. Given a choice of age 50 to 55 to choose working until 55 years old or retire before u reach 55. But we can always retire earlier if we have strong financial back up to retire comfortably

6,045 posts since Feb '05
    • Everytime when I enter Singapore, I feel like a poor man. I find its expensive to spend my money in Singapore and I become like stingy to spend money in Singapore too lols. I would prefer to spend my money in Malaysia. I would rather save my Singapore Dollars and spend it in Malaysia lols.

Sorry guys its a fact. Once you go into semi-retirement or full retirement in Malaysia or abroad, you will find its expensive to spend your money in Singapore.

Edited by zulkifli mahmood 20 Feb `17, 1:01PM
    2 posts since Feb '17
    • I think got money can retire, no money cannot retire. It's also how you retire, the way you retire. Better plan what to do wth your brain and body when you retire. If retire got nothing to do, better not retire. If not, your brain and body will soon retire.

10 posts since Mar '17
    1 post since Mar '17
    10 posts since Mar '17
    12 posts since Mar '17
    14 posts since Mar '17
    5 posts since Mar '17
    4 posts since Feb '17
    7 posts since Mar '17
    10 posts since Mar '17
    3 posts since Mar '17
    • best is 50+/60+ then have about 20 years of retirement life. suddenly stop working also sian

Please Login or Signup to reply.