18 Aug, 02:53PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

Is it possible to buy a HDB in singapore without CPF?

Subscribe to Is it possible to buy a HDB in singapore without CPF? 12 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    34 posts since Jun '11
    • My mom kept telling me how important it is to work a job that has CPF because without CPF I won't be able to buy a HDB flat in singapore.

Every time I bring up the idea of self-employment, my mom would start saying stuff like, "Oh but it doesn't have CPF. You won't be able to buy a HDB flat in singapore without much money in your CPF."

Is what she said true? Is it impossible to buy a HDB flat in singapore without much CPF? Isn't there any other alternatives to CPF, for example, forking out money from my bank savings account to buy a HDB flat instead of using CPF?

Or is CPF really a die die must-have when it comes to buying a HDB flat in singapore?

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    263,536 posts since Dec '99
    18 posts since Apr '17
    • Presumed you already working. Another way is a windfall. Try investing a dollar per draw in Toto, twice a week. Nobody knows their own lucky day so I can only say this.....

No try Toto, no hope, Buy Toto, have chance.

That's what majority of people including the working clasee are hoping for. Your Choice.

116,902 posts since Dec '03
    • CPF is partly your own 20% plus employer give you another 17%, of your salary

of course you can buy a hdb flat by eg. cash, if you have say $160,000 for a 3-room BTO
      or by taking bank loan, but there is a max. amount you can loan.
      u must also be able to repay your loan.

the resale market price will be much more than $160,000

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    263,536 posts since Dec '99
    • Originally posted by TehJarVu:

$160,000 for a 3-room BTO

wahhhhhh

go where find now?!?!?!?

116,902 posts since Dec '03
    6 posts since Nov '09
    4 posts since May '17
    11 posts since Mar '13
    6,590 posts since Jul '06
    • Yes, it's entirely possible.

A housing agent pal of mine told me his client paid for a resale flat with 2 suitcases of hard cash.....!

1 post since Jul '17
    • Hi everyone!

On the same topic but different niche, is it possible for a foreigner moving to Singapore to buy an EC?

I'm moving to Singapore and will be renting a condo unit at Siglap Singapore. However, i'm also interested to invest in property here, and was looking at some upcoming condominiums termed Executive Condos.

Where's a good place or bank to approach for financial loans for properties? Also are PRs able to purchase ECs'? 

Thank you.

Edited by FireIce 21 Jul `17, 2:13AM
    1 post since Aug '17
    • Hi, everyone! I am doing a research on government interventions by comparing subsidized housing systems in Singapore and Kazakhstan. I would greatly appreciate if you can respond to this survey about HDB flats: https://goo.gl/forms/KxncMYOoZlFngagD2 It has 17 multiple choice questions and it only takes 2-3 minutes to complete it. Thank you very much!

Please Login or Signup to reply.