29 Apr, 03:32PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

Applying for Citizenship

Subscribe to Applying for Citizenship 6 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    10 posts since Mar '17
    • Hi guys, I'm currently 20 years old, waiting to apply citizenship next year so I could work in government sector. Would like to know my chances of getting the Singapore Citizenship with the details below:

PR: Since 2000, applied under my father

Race: Chinese

Nationality: Malaysian

Occupation/Income: Part time job/ bout $800 per mth

Education: Diploma 

Marital Status: Single

Both of my family members are SPR, and have no intention of getting SC, thus rejected when they were invited. Will this affect my application?

I am currently applying for VSC (volunteer special constabulary) and looking for a full-time job.

The main thing I'm concerned about is the salary I am earning and my diploma (gpa not high enough for local U).

Please Advise :3

Edited by heatob 21 Apr `17, 4:21AM
    4,695 posts since Oct '99
    • If you are PR under your father you are 2nd Generation PR hence you need to serve NS.

They will offer you Citizenship towards the end of NS if you did your NS with satisfactory conduct. This is a "100%" way to get citizenship.

otherwise, based on the above info, don't think you have a high chance of getting citizenship until you show more "ties" to Singapore, as far as I know they try to see income of around $4000-6000 range.

but requirements are more lax for Malaysians

838 posts since Sep '15
    • Singapore is full-house.  

You love the ever rising cost of living here ?   

You love to pay the self-centred garbament highest pay?

You aim to be pap minister in future? 

We have many pap ministers from malaysia.    

• Originally posted by Ponders:

If you are PR under your father you are 2nd Generation PR hence you need to serve NS.

They will offer you Citizenship towards the end of NS if you did your NS with satisfactory conduct. This is a "100%" way to get citizenship.

otherwise, based on the above info, don't think you have a high chance of getting citizenship until you show more "ties" to Singapore, as far as I know they try to see income of around $4000-6000 range.

but requirements are more lax for Malaysians

Stated on the post ts is female.   

• Your parents made the right choice to remain PR.   

Know of a case a man converted to singapore citizen.   Larer he regretted and went back Malaysia.   He paid Malaysian govt money to become Malaysian again.   

6,573 posts since Jul '06
    • Don't waste time for SG citizenship.....

Better to apply one from Somalia or Timbucktu, Syria.. Nor Ko also can!

Please Login or Signup to reply.