24 Jul, 12:03PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

AWS or 13th Month Pay

Subscribe to AWS or 13th Month Pay 38 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    4,302 posts since Feb '00
    • Originally posted by greyskymorning:
      fm wat i noe, AWS is not a compulsory unless it is stated clearly in the collective agreement between you and your employer...sadly not many pple noe abt it, they took it for granted or as an entilement during good times
      you cant sue your employers for not paying you AWS

Why don't the union and garmen' look into this matter???

Edited by windjammer 12 Dec `03, 9:24AM
    8,704 posts since Apr '03
    • i think for private companies…is nt a must…......bt some is….depends on ur contract u signed…& also whether the company gt make money or nt….......................if no make money, u can get ur monthly salary already tao chio liao…

• Originally posted by Ah Ma:
      i think for private companies...is nt a must.........bt some is....depends on ur contract u signed...& also whether the company gt make money or nt..........................if no make money, u can get ur monthly salary already tao chio liao...

We work for it one leh... Like that say if company no make money they can no need give salary liao lor issit?

It goes to show we are easily manipulated and we are like scattered sand...

1,825 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by windjammer:
      Being paid on monthly basis we lose out because :

1 week = 7 days
      1 month = approx 4 weeks
      4 Weeks = 28 days

Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Aug, Oct and Dec have 31 days = extra 3 days worked per month.

Apr, June, Sep, Nov have 30 days = extra 2 days worked per month

Feb = 28 days. we are being paid for the exact no. of days worked done except leap year.

Why is it called AWS = Annual Wage Supplement???

It is because we are shortchanged by being paid monthly wages and AWS is to make up this shortchange. It is in fact our hard earned money.

Wind,

How many days you work in a week? 5 or 5.5 or maybe 6...where got seven days? Dun think any ocy now still using weekly pay.....

• Originally posted by sugardaddy:
      Wind,

How many days you work in a week? 5 or 5.5 or maybe 6...where got seven days? Dun think any ocy now still using weekly pay.....

It does not matter whether u work 5,6, or 7 days, so long as u work 44 hours per week is considered u work full for the week. it is being calculated this way. If u are non executive staff u will be paid OT for more than 44 hours put in. If u are an executive staff then too bad.

So you are an employer??? Twisted Evil

Edited by windjammer 11 Dec `03, 3:36PM
    1,591 posts since May '03
    • Originally posted by windjammer:
      We work for it one leh... Like that say if company no make money they can no need give salary liao lor issit?

It goes to show we are easily manipulated and we are like scattered sand...

if u consider the CPF the employer paying, is like bonus liao Wink
      u dun hv to worry abt ur salary, u can sue ur employer if they dun pay u on time or dun pay u (including CPF submission)
      if govt or union set law for compulsory bouns of certain mths for employers many pple will be out of job soon. if u really $$ not enuff, change ur habit of spending or lifestyle

11,242 posts since Aug '01
    • if yr contract got state
      den u get

if not then too bad ..like my friend...

dun think is compulsory..really depends on yr company policies..

like i heard before..if yr pay is under 1.5k..u get OT pay but my company policies dun practise such things so too bad

• Originally posted by greyskymorning:
      if u consider the CPF the employer paying, is like bonus liao Wink
      u dun hv to worry abt ur salary, u can sue ur employer if they dun pay u on time or dun pay u (including CPF submission)
      if govt or union set law for compulsory bouns of certain mths for employers many pple will be out of job soon. if u really $$ not enuff, change ur habit of spending or lifestyle

I am just saying that AWS is our hard earned money and not bonus like some people think. I am not talking about $$$ not enough. CPF is one of the things a company gotta consider before even setting up. With what u say then why not u rally for the government to reduce corporate tax? I believe many companies will welcome that and I believe it will reduce our unemployment rate. You are straying away from my topic.

• Originally posted by BufPuf:
      if yr contract got state
      den u get

if not then too bad ..like my friend...

dun think is compulsory..really depends on yr company policies..

like i heard before..if yr pay is under 1.5k..u get OT pay but my company policies dun practise such things so too bad

yah lor now with the contract thingy things get worse... Sad

113 posts since Nov '03
    • for non-unionised employees, AWS is not compulsory, employers need to pay you only if it is stated in ur employment contract. If unionised, then i'm not so sure...

anyway, why do u think it's ur "hard earned money"? when you signed the contract you must have considered the annual package and asked about the AWS? if it is not promised, then it is up to you decide whether you want the job at, say $2,000 compared to another that is $1,900 with AWS. So if you went into it with eyes open, then you've no cause for complaint. If you didn't realise it - keep in mind for your next job interview!

• Originally posted by Elrond:
      for non-unionised employees, AWS is not compulsory, employers need to pay you only if it is stated in ur employment contract. If unionised, then i'm not so sure...

anyway, why do u think it's ur "hard earned money"? when you signed the contract you must have considered the annual package and asked about the AWS? if it is not promised, then it is up to you decide whether you want the job at, say $2,000 compared to another that is $1,900 with AWS. So if you went into it with eyes open, then you've no cause for complaint. If you didn't realise it - keep in mind for your next job interview!

wat makes u think i dun look into it? i am just letting people aware and be prepared for their next job interview.

113 posts since Nov '03
Please Login or Signup to reply.