01 Nov, 05:13AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

No CCA can go University?

Subscribe to No CCA can go University? 23 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    3,378 posts since Jan '04
    • I really fed up with this CCA thing lor. In Secondary School, when I quit my CCA, the teacher told me "You think you can pass your O'Levels without CCA points?" So I join CCA lor.... But in the end also never see CCA points de.... Only make the report nicer nia...

So No CCA can go University?

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    246,253 posts since Dec '99
    • local U, better to have.....unless u have a sart sart testimonial or recommendation by ur lecturer....and damn lotsa As in ur report card....

foreign U, they dun relli give a fark bah.......

56 posts since Jul '04
    • well.. i tink spore got terrible system abt ccas man.. i remember my sec sch cca grade they gave wrongli i tot not impt.. dun bother to change coz O levels more impt mah.. den after getting my all str As i actualli lost my scholarship coz they sae 'ur cca no gd'.. Mad sigh.. so i buck up cca in jc.. realise its of not much use when go uni.. unless u are going for overseas scholarships dey need gd grade, but for local scholarships i think got a C can qualify for it yep. so dun worri la.. more impt is ur As. Wink

10,722 posts since Dec '01
    • Originally posted by Ayukat:

can.CCAs are needed for borderline admissions.if U dont fit into the category...then no need lor.And like what the gals are saying...CCAs are only usable in singapore. Laughing Mr. Green

38,873 posts since Dec '02
    • CCA is to keep the students out from the streets, which helps to alleviate social delinquents... so does remedial class and tuition classes Very Happy

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • Originally posted by sgboy2004:
      CCA is to keep the students out from the streets, which helps to alleviate social delinquents... so does remedial class and tuition classes Very Happy

me always ponteng ECA (it's ECA for my era) and go out and play Laughing

986 posts since May '04
    • Originally posted by Ayukat:
      I really fed up with this CCA thing lor. In Secondary School, when I quit my CCA, the teacher told me "You think you can pass your O'Levels without CCA points?" So I join CCA lor.... But in the end also never see CCA points de.... Only make the report nicer nia...

Not only A's but distinctions too, thats what I will be aiming from now on, wasted one year slacking.

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    12,231 posts since Apr '04
    • Originally posted by FireIce:
      local U, better to have.....unless u have a sart sart testimonial or recommendation by ur lecturer....and damn lotsa As in ur report card....

foreign U, they dun relli give a fark bah.......

they give a hell lot of fark, angmos value sports and other Shit very much.

67,643 posts since Dec '03
    2,164 posts since May '04
    • ya, now CCA very demanding esp. when got competition/ concerts, have to train daily & kena stay back very late. Don’t get CCA where the sch. are good in, then got more time for studies

600 posts since Oct '02
    • CCA or NS performance takes up 5%(the max you can get) out of 100% in the local uni requirement. The rest are o lvl results, poly results, jc, sat and so on. If your academic results are good, then you can heck care cca la.

Edited by weeie 08 Jul `04, 1:37PM
    10,722 posts since Dec '01
    • Any of U people have ever thought that CCAs are meant for U to develop yourself socially and learn skills not found in textbooks?Not as a means of getting into local unis?

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • Originally posted by Xcert:
      Any of U people have ever thought that CCAs are meant for U to develop yourself socially and learn skills not found in textbooks?Not as a means of getting into local unis?

yeah, tts wat i think......

tts why i choose the ECA (mus stress again, it's called ECA in my era) tt i like, excel in it (ponteng at times) and feel bery all-rounded (like real!)
      neber tot of using it as entry bonus or wat....not tt i need it anyway.....

2,474 posts since May '04
    • Hmmm.... CCA or ECA in what must say leh. if club club 1 like chess or any that dun run under the sun 1 what the pt.

do they have fly kite club Mr. Green

local U are funny sometime when come to intake ppl Mr. Green neber know what in those ppl mind.

15,860 posts since Apr '02
    • I once heard that employers do look at your CCA and what post you hold in the CCA.

I hate it when I have to provide my CCA info in the employment application. Cuz under the position held, I have nothing to write. Embarassed

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • Originally posted by Honeybunz:
      I hate it when I have to provide my CCA info in the employment application. Cuz under the position held, I have nothing to write. Embarassed

write "member" loh

or to make it a little more "impressive"......put "active member"

15,860 posts since Apr '02
      write "member" loh

or to make it a little more "impressive"......put "active member"

yah hor

1,926 posts since Apr '02
      me always ponteng ECA (it's ECA for my era) and go out and play Laughing

u know what they say... good gers go to school... bad gers go EVERYWHERE Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

one IMPORTANT thing though... since gov't always asking pple to "tink out of der box right" ?

so think about it... CCA doesn't have to mean strictly SCHOOL cca... if u actively participate in outside organizations, and get THEIR tua tow to write solid solid testimonial for u, u think u no chance to score points meh?

and i think those outside ones are even more solid... like P.A, or other grassroot organizations or even organizations like church, temple or huay guan and all those... they are always talking about getting the young involved right?

so show them that your lobang extends OUTSIDE your school lah... eh... secret society, play lumber, play arcade no count hor... Mr. Green

me? i damn lam nua one... but my grades gets me places Mr. Green no need to yau qwee beg for scholarship... work part time also can pay for school fees...

so i got a nothing CCA card, but a not too bad résumé... so u think which one more important? u think next time your towkay care if u're chief librarian or prefect or if u're webmaster, project co-ordinator, research officer?

work in CCA for free might as well work outside and get paid... this is especially important if u're in poly or uni... THOSE lobangs are more important than the sian char bor CCA pple waste time on...

3,378 posts since Jan '04
    • Originally posted by CX:
      u know what they say... good gers go to school... bad gers go EVERYWHERE Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

one IMPORTANT thing though... since gov't always asking pple to "tink out of der box right" ?

so think about it... CCA doesn't have to mean strictly SCHOOL cca... if u actively participate in outside organizations, and get THEIR tua tow to write solid solid testimonial for u, u think u no chance to score points meh?

and i think those outside ones are even more solid... like P.A, or other grassroot organizations or even organizations like church, temple or huay guan and all those... they are always talking about getting the young involved right?

so show them that your lobang extends OUTSIDE your school lah... eh... secret society, play lumber, play arcade no count hor... Mr. Green

me? i damn lam nua one... but my grades gets me places Mr. Green no need to yau qwee beg for scholarship... work part time also can pay for school fees...

so i got a nothing CCA card, but a not too bad résumé... so u think which one more important? u think next time your towkay care if u're chief librarian or prefect or if u're webmaster, project co-ordinator, research officer?

work in CCA for free might as well work outside and get paid... this is especially important if u're in poly or uni... THOSE lobangs are more important than the sian char bor CCA pple waste time on...

I rather sian char bo... but then I don't dare to. Embarassed

2,943 posts since Jul '02
    • ayukat so wad cca u join ? i also NYP the cca damn boring.. haha lol

btw u business school rite?

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • as someone as mentioned, the ECA (for my era, it's called goddamn ECA!) thingy is oni useful when u and some other guy who is academically on par with u fighting for tt last sacred place in the course.....then they will see ECA record and send the somewhat "all-rounder" the congratz-u-have-been-successfully-admitted-to-our-institution letter....
      of cos, the sad truth is tt, results overrides all, but when u so suay to have someone fighting places with u, then u whip out ur ECA record, hoping to score the last bonus point.....
      scholarships wise, they do look at ur ECA achievements...it's stated as a requirement....probably on the leadership skills part oni.....wanna make sure their future ministers and high flyers can lead.....and instead of wasting time to train them at tt point of time, it's an advantage tt the potential leader has the skills ready and seasoned....

1,289 posts since Apr '03
    • THE Health Ministry has come out to set the record straight regarding a statement made on Tuesday by the former director of the National Neuroscience Institute (NNI), Professor Simon Shorvon, rejecting all allegations made in Singapore against him.

Please Login or Signup to reply.