17 Jan, 07:19AM in sunny Singapore!
Home sgGirls.com

Ms Singapore Universe 2004 Contestants

Subscribe to Ms Singapore Universe 2004 Contestants 31 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    6,269 posts since Aug '02
    38,856 posts since Dec '02
    • ok lah...different pple different taste mah....

the judge got to find one from the list of pple in the finals...no choice for them liao

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

65 posts since Mar '04
    • YES! YES! YES!

omg.. their ans..haiz.. none good ones.. popiah.. strawberry n apple.. peace-loving ger.. haiz.. and worst.. last question... all ans the same.. some more jialat.. how to compete overseas??? haiz.. n.. y tt person get the Ms Singapore... Neutral her ans not good also.. typical ans... some more.. not nice.. not pretty.. give tt peace-loving ger better...

1,708 posts since Dec '03
    • mayb those realli realli good ones neber pick up the form n join mah......judges no choice have to make do with those who took part......what i say hor....if judges cannot find realli good ones....stop that year's Miss Singapore Universe thing...waste of time...but cannot must pick a best from the worse...sent overseas to Miss Universe and get wasted by other contestants....got pple lose than got pple win mah..

next time better organize
      Mr Singapore UNiverse
      Mrs Singapore universe
      Auntie and Ah ma universe
      Uncle and pehs universe
      ugly universe
      blah blah blah
      ...no need to be beautiful to compete
      ...as long as can an got things to compete....just compete

Mr. Green

17,852 posts since Oct '99
    86 posts since Apr '04
    126 posts since Oct '02
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    264,952 posts since Dec '99
    126 posts since Oct '02
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    264,952 posts since Dec '99
    • Originally posted by baggiolee:
      but half ball good leh

the ball good oni rite.................

126 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by FireIce:
      the ball good oni rite.................

ya lor...but dunno y i cannot tahan leh....hehe

3,400 posts since Dec '03
    • Originally posted by FireIce:
      mei kuang yu xia..................

yi nian bu ru yi nian.............

lol i was going to say that, i haven't been watching ever since my first time, never had much interest but its been getting worse, and straits times still can ask the public to support them for their courage, since i have to support them for their courage does that mean its acceptable to start supporting the opo?
      if they can't take the criticism then don't join

126 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by Bollywood_Beng:
      the pic there with the model sure cannot win....We need an indian, malay or caucasian to win the international pageatn...recently if u know vasantham central indian celebrity Anetha Ayyavoo has won a international pageant,Best Model of the World Award 1999 ...she is not of Miss India calibre anyway but she has that italic or spanish look about her which wooed the caucasian judges...

r u an Indian?

7,221 posts since Apr '03
      the pic there with the model sure cannot win....We need an indian, malay or caucasian to win the international pageatn...recently if u know vasantham central indian celebrity Anetha Ayyavoo has won a international pageant,Best Model of the World Award 1999 ...she is not of Miss India calibre anyway but she has that italic or spanish look about her which wooed the caucasian judges...

according to my friend, there was one oriental beauty who almost won Miss Universe but got 1st runner-up because she could speak english. Miss Chang Yoonjung is her name, if he remembered correctly. Mr. Green

Edited by boy in blues 10 Apr `04, 7:08AM
    1,708 posts since Dec '03
    • Alright i apologise for my previous posting. It seemed as if i wasn't supportive of our very own Sg girls. I just tuned in to the encore of Miss Universe Singapore and recorded the whole thing over my TV tuner card.Comparing it with last week's previeew before telecast, here's what i have to say about some of the contestants.........

Adeline Lim - she is very tall and confident. Unlike Joan Seah and Sandy chua, Adeline do not really need. Her natural outlook alone draws my attention and charisma wise, she outshines the other contestants.

Cassandra Ng - She has that typical 'Ah Lian' look, but she is my type of Ah Lian. She speaks with some Singlish in her English which is a drawback. Anyway, she is very natural and cute too! She likes gaming......i wonder? FPS, role-playing?

Bridgette Leong - nothing much about her caught my eyes during the contest but i can never forget her in the rehearsal. She was wearing that all-too-short skirt and i think she looks great in it. Just like Cassandra Ng, another girl-next-door.

Low Wee Naa - Again she wasn't much of a shine during the finals but her great figure game me a stun during the rehearsal. She displayed her full blossom hips and legs and etched an unforgetable image in my mind!

Marilyn Tan - I am not looking for shiny dark skinned babe. I am looking for a great tan. She happened to have it! The other ladies i mentioned far surpassed Marilyn in figure and looks but not the smile. Marilyn has a smile that lights up Sg - and perhaps that is how she secured her position as a runner up.

Mr. Green

If i want Sg to win with a model who has an Italiian or spanish look, i will not dress up or pick a Chinese or Malay or Indian for the contest. I will get an Italian or Spanian who is a Singapore citizen or PR!

The reason why Miss Universe is put up is partiallyy to promote international peace and harmony with beauties around the world gathering for a contest of personality and wits. So what if an Indian could dress up as an European and win? If an Indian dress up in the way you see that walking on the streets, you think they can even qualify for the semi-finals? They wouldn't be elceted in the first place!

Since Sandy Chua is the winner and shall be representing Sg in Miss Universe, i wouldn't expect her to look like an European during the big day. She is representing Sg and i expect her to like like a Singaporean, that's what.

Bollywood - originates from 'Hollywood'.
      Beng - originates from the Hokkien dialect.
      Haven't anyone got something of their own creation and origin to begin with?

199 posts since Feb '04

her features really sharp, got the super model look, but not too tall. used to be my PE teacher in college, during PE lessons, she spent her time standing under the shade and pose, while we run for our 2.4km run.

6 posts since Jun '04
    • I think this year's contestants are not as bad as people say. At least they met and exceeded the height requirements. Sandy Chua's not bad. I think she's better than Marilyn and Joan. Plus she's much younger at 19.

2,163 posts since May '04
    • If the organisers want to attract better applicants must give better prizes- $10K cash & contract with Mediacorp not good enough. Not everyone wants to be an actress. They should get sponsors to give free supply of cosmetics, clothes, accessories, beauty/ spa treatment for 1 year, free trip/ or education scheme/car/ jewellery etc. It’s our reputation at stake, got to choose good candidates who can speak proper English. Maybe should scout around the JC/ poly/ Universities. Sometimes I see very pretty girls in Orchard Rd. Don’t understand why we always get the ‘ah lians’ & those with poor figures

375 posts since May '04
    • Maybe it’s the judges fault… that’s why we get such contestants or finalists to speak.

8,225 posts since May '03
    • Originally posted by baggiolee:
      r u an Indian?

North or South? Laughing

• Originally posted by ziezoe:
      Maybe it's the judges fault... that's why we get such contestants or finalists to speak.

Yah lor...judges are too old already. Not chi ko pek enough compared to us youngsters. It's time to change the judges for Miss Singapore 2005 liao. Laughing

1 post since Jul '04
    • hei dun b a racist ok.indians walkin down the street can't get elected or enter semi finals?then the chinese must be shameless or not rite up there to even enter the contect with their lorry run over features.better yet the judges still can pick one of them over so many ducks walkin down tht stage.WAKE UP!!!

Originally posted by 'm back:
      If i want Sg to win with a model who has an Italiian or spanish look, i will not dress up or pick a Chinese or Malay or Indian for the contest. I will get an Italian or Spanian who is a Singapore citizen or PR!

The reason why Miss Universe is put up is partiallyy to promote international peace and harmony with beauties around the world gathering for a contest of personality and wits. So what if an Indian could dress up as an European and win? If an Indian dress up in the way you see that walking on the streets, you think they can even qualify for the semi-finals? They wouldn't be elceted in the first place!

Since Sandy Chua is the winner and shall be representing Sg in Miss Universe, i wouldn't expect her to look like an European during the big day. She is representing Sg and i expect her to like like a Singaporean, that's what.

Bollywood - originates from 'Hollywood'.
      Beng - originates from the Hokkien dialect.
      Haven't anyone got something of their own creation and origin to begin with?
    15,364 posts since Jun '03
Please Login or Signup to reply.