wah, another acct to act act siaaaaa
there's no need to so wayang
Yes madam fireice babe
I know a former employee of Lunch Actually, and from what she has told me, I have to agree with some of the points raised below. It is true that members are "rated" and those with good ratings and are more eligible are "used" often for 1st dates to create a good impression and reduce chances of refunds. Often, after that, not much thought goes into the matching. Sometimes members call up to ask why they were matched with someone and the consultants can't even give a reasonable answer. They claim to discuss among themselves in order to match since not all consultants meet all members, but that is not true. To hit their "quota" of number of matches and dates per month, they just do it as quickly as possible.
Also true that there are lots of women in their database, so the men get many dates, sometimes 3 a week, while some women wait 6-8 months for one. Some clients are smart and try to get into consultant's good books with frequent visits with gifts or food, so they get more attention and better matches. But I suppose that's how it works anywhere.
The coaching videos seem really dumb as well- teaching things like how women should have long hair and nice makeup to get a man etc.
Originally posted by Jamiemoh83:
Please do NOT join Lunch Actually Dating Agency
1) Lunch Actually (LA) claims to match you with someone 'holistically' and taking into account your "preferences". They claim that the only thing they do not guarantee is chemistry. It is NOT true. While most of the time, LA members are truthful abt their personal details, LA will LIE about it in order to 'create' a match. They can LIE abt anything just to push out a date. Eg, if you say you don't want to meet someone who drinks heavily, LA will LIE to you and cheat you into going on a date which they 'have painstakingly looked through and is a high match'. One date cost a few hundred dollars, and you end up meeting someone you will not even consider. Your date also ends up wasting his/her time as he/she had given truthful details to LA without knowing that LA had lied to you. Your preferences are not important to LA. Your money is.
2) LA has more female than male members. Ladies can wait up to 8 months in between dates. Man gets one or two dates per month. Chances are, the female members will end up getting hitched by someone through their own social circle and forfeit the rest of their package (that means LA gets to keep the money). Although it seems like the man has a wider pool of selection, male members are likely to end up going on dates with people who are poorly matched.
3) LA allows members to request for a full refund within 7 days after going on their first date. If you are not happy with your first date, you can get all your money back. So, you are likely to get someone decent on your first date. And GOOD LUCK for your subsequent dates. You first date may be someone you are looking for as LA may have matched him/her according to your criteria just to give you a false good impression. BUT you may not be matched according to your date's preferences. So you will still end up wasting a date because the other party is not interested in you.
Some unlucky people (possibly those who appear nice and received decent/good feedback from their first few dates) will be unofficially 'selected' by LA (without their knowledge or consent of course) to be the first date or 'service recovery' date for other LA members. It means that whenever LA gets a new/difficult customer, they will pick this 'selected' candidate out to go on a date with their new/difficult members. If you are granted the 'honor' of being 'handpicked' by LA to do the 'job', you are likely to end up with dates with new members or angry people who have just complained abt LA. (since LA gets a lot of complains). To make things worse, if the LA member is someone LA knows that you will not be interested in, LA will either LIE to you about their particulars or keep you in the dark. Eg, Member A complains about LA or his/her previous bad date. LA will do service recovery by giving member A a free make up date. Then LA will go to their "nice members list" and pick member B to go on a date with member A. However, member A is a smoker and LA knows that there's no way member B will agree to go out with someone who smokes. So LA will either LIE to member B or keep member B in the dark. In other words, LA makes use of their members to help them make more money from other people.
4) Whenever LA's lies were found out and exposed, they will either insist that it was the member who had given them the wrong information (which is not always true) or they will brush it off by offering a free make up date. There's no point taking up the make up date because the same problem will repeat.
5) LA has 'highly trained' consultants with high turnover rate. The consultants seem to be ONLY trained to be polite, politically correct when communicating with their members and pushing members to sign up for their workshops. They are not genuine about helping their members get a good date. The matching is done using a computer system anyway. Members' details and/or preferences are manually tweaked or almost completely changed in order to increase the number of matches (drastically). Any Tom or Harry can be matched to Jane or Mary.
LA charges higher prices than all other dating agencies in Singapore. Save your money and time. Do NOT join LA.
They charge around 1k+ when I had a phone call with them.
yes i agree
I'm a Lunch Actually member and as in the contract it states clearly that they have to find me a date within three months after the contract is signed. So, they did, by sending a totally unmatched and rude person to meet for a date. After that, it has been more than a year and still no other dates.
So, I believe they are out to cheat people. Totally unethically business practices. I hope my review will stop other people from getting cheated by these con women working in Lunch Actually. I made numerous complaints and all they came back was upgrade my membership which was useless as well. I have not received any invitations to any of their events. Although they keep saying they found me some date but it never realises into a actual date. They have gone silent again since February and again empty promises.
I hope the authorities will shut them down permanently for their unethical business practices.Such people should not be given a business license at all.
Hi April99, we apologize for your negative experience with our service. Please help us understand more about the incident and how we can serve you better. Give us another shot, and we will make this right for you. Just sent you a PM, we look forward to assisting you with your matches.