1.) Which means you can be posted to any unit for either service or tech vocations. No need combat but requires you to take IPPT and range (unless excused)Originally posted by mAzdaFAN:am given pes C1L2.. thot the description abt the status wasn complete earlier.. sorry.. but it states tt i can b posted to unit HQ but no direct combat.. wat does it mean? meaning wat will i b? eh.. lets sae if get upgraded aft 6mths.. mus i go thru bmt again? thanks..
Then your army life is not as bad as the majority already.If you do get a 8-5 vocation, please make full use of your time.Many do not get a chance to do so.But tech vocations are currently quite full, so I guess you might end up somewhere else?Originally posted by mAzdaFAN:thanks brother.. eh.. hmm.. tt means will hav a chance to hav stay out vocations? eh.. i've not even enter bmt.. but i'll go thru bmt as a pes c recruit ba..
oh ok.. but if tech vocations r packed.. so r the rest of service vocs.. n i oso do nt tink i'll end up as a clerk becos its mostly reserved for pes e pple.. so i was wondering where is the highest likelihood to b posted to...Originally posted by LazerLordz:Then your army life is not as bad as the majority already.If you do get a 8-5 vocation, please make full use of your time.Many do not get a chance to do so.But tech vocations are currently quite full, so I guess you might end up somewhere else?
all combat units welcomes u.Originally posted by hkm_1:just went for the check up and graded as pes a. Anyone can at least tell me which are the possible units that i will go to? thanks
possible storeman, clerk.Originally posted by Peace84:hello
i just get downgarded to C2L2.
what are the possible vocations?
on top of that, i get excuse heavy load (permanetly)
i have slipped disc at the lower part of my spine.
thanks for the advice offered in advance.
Even signaller or svc medicOriginally posted by Gordonator:possible storeman, clerk.
Originally posted by hrtw:I am getting my medical checkup and have the following "problems"
1) Skin allergy
2) sinusitis --> require the continual use of Nasal spray
3) Child hood asthma
4) Currently have anxiety attack + a bit of depression
5) Back bone problem ( forgot the medical term my dr told me)
6) Color bindness ( blue black, brown red deficiency)
Based on this, which PES am i most likely going to get?
Could be PES C2L2 and below if you have specialist letters for each of your problem.
Any advice for newbie going in for NS?
1) maybe train more?
2) mentally prepared?
3) look on the postive side?
Do all three
Use one word to describe NS, what is your word?
maybe " fun" ? " exciting" ???
I have read the forum faq a few times, but still got some questions.
1)If one failed the Napfa test, he will enter NS for the first 3 weeks + 2 weeks ? Then another few months for BMT?
2)Then after BMT, i will be posted out to my respective vocation?
If you are PES C, OCS is out for you.However, you might have a chance to be a Specialist in the Service and Combat Support vocations i.e Logistics.
3)For the first 2 weeks in NS, what kinda of life is in there? Is it tough training? or is it lectures and some basic training?
4) If during the night, and you need to go toilet, will you go alone ? or with the accompany of you buddy?
5) Is BMT the toughest of all during your NS life?
6) Is it your free time after 8pm? You can bath, eat, sleep etc?
Depends on daily training plan.But 7 hrs of sleep is closely followed.
7) During BMT, can i come home everyday or just every friday?
Originally posted by hrtw:However i heard that the MO in NS is very stingy, even though you present them with many medical problems and letters they still post you to PES B/A. Is it true?
I also heard they like to post weak people to PES B and fit to PES C? This are all what i heard, can anyone clarify?
hearsay is powerful! but that's all. do you think the doctors want to play a fool with their own careers by doing all those mindless things, especially when NS is already sensitive, and especially with the increasing focus on safety?
hmm, i still got some questions. Hope you guys can help me answer, i am very curious in the NS system.
1) BMT and after BMT for PSE C , is it siong? Or is it determined by the L-code?
what is siong? what is siong for us may not be siong for u. but generally, you can say that pes c would be less siong than pes b. but well, you know this is quite meaningless.
2) How can i get into infantry? Their intake for infantry is huge? Will PSE C people get into infantry?
yes infantry intake is large, since all soldiers are supposed to be able to function as infantry soldiers. to specialise in infantry hence does not take much effort on your part. as pes c you can still go to infantry but you may do more sedative stuff.
3) How long does infantry stay in tekong? the period of BMT and another few months in tekong?
if one spends additional time in tekong after bmt it would mean he goes to sispec. that would mean at least 3 more months there.
4) Is training tough for infantry? I heard it is very tough and siong. All days rushing hills etc.
again, this thing about siong. how can one objectively make a judgement on that?
5) I also heard that the toilet in tekong very "dirty", can always hear voices at night, is it true?
personally i have never had such encounters. yes there are stories, and hearsays and rumours. without commiting myself, i still have to point out that they are hearsays, stories and rumours. its really whether or not u believe in such things.
6) What is the average distance NS people run everyday? 5Km?
depends on the school / unit.
7) I have been doing this exercises everyday, i am not sure whether is it enough for me to survive in NS.
- 100 pumpings everyday
- train dumb bell 10 reps x 3 ( 2 times a day)
- sit and reach
- core strength training
- running for 30 minutes to train stamina
- pull up
- train standing board jump
- climb stairs everyday
- sit up 40 times everyday
- normal stretch exercises that last for 25minutes
Is there any other exercises that you guys can recommend in order for me to survive in NS in great ease.
at least you are doing something! im sure with what you are doing, you wouldnt have much problem coping with at least BMT.
Is there any website around or can anyone tell me the right method to train standing board jump and sit and reach? I can't just seem to get it right. What is the right method to train them?
it is really hard to describe. anyway there is no sit and reach in IPPT.
9) Another question, why do i feel tired and restless whenever i run in the afternoon at around 6-7 pm? Is it because i over run or because of the warm weather? I heard warm weather do slow us down.
are you training too hard? remember progressive training. and is it because of the humidity? have you drank enuff water? did your warm ups properly?
Thanks and sorry for so many questions.
if u are downgraded to PES C. then u will need to go for a PES C BMT recourse sometime before u ORD. u will excused some stations.Originally posted by viger:hi, im just curious - if i undergo bmt for say 3 weeks, then OT due to problems which disallow me to run + jump, do i have to re-do bmt?
Haha okay..I do sniff around at times..Originally posted by hrtw:hi, i am sorry ...i am referring to ATS above top secret.