LOVE CATS - Pilot Cat Ownership Project in Chong Pang
To qualify to be a cat owner in Chong Pang, cat owners will need to register with the Cat Welfare Society and abide by the following ownership conditions. The areas covered are Old Chong Pang and New Chong Pang.
Cat Ownership Conditions
* Only HDB residents in Chong Pang Constituency are eligible for the “LOVE CATS” pilot project.
* Existing owners must register with Cat Welfare Society by 31 Jan 2013.
* Ensure cat is microchipped.
* Ensure cat is sterilised by 5 months of age for female cat, and 6 months of age for male cat.
* Ensure cat is kept indoors.
* Sign and adhere to a Code of Responsible Behaviour (CORB).
* Sign an adoption contract with CWS/SPCA (for new owners only).
* Only 1 cat per flat. Exceptions are on a case-by-case basis, subject to MP’s approval.
CODE OF RESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOUR FOR CAT OWNERS
Owners must get their cat sterilised, micro-chipped
and registered with CWS.
Owners must confine their cat indoors, taking care to cat-proof the house
(e.g. using meshing on windows and doors).
Cat must be toilet trained.
Cat toilet must be housed within the flat, and cleaned daily
Owners are to take proactive steps to address any other nuisance behaviour
(including noise, defecation) raised by neighbours.
Incentive Microchipping & Sterilisation Package for Chong Pang cat owners from AAVC & AMK Vet
Animal & Avian Veterinary Clinic at Blk 716, Yishun St 71, #01-254
Microchip only: $40
Microchip with sterilisation: $35
Ear-tip sterilisation: Male $35 Female $50 – 60
No ear-tip sterilisation: Male $52 Female $70 – 90
AMK Veterinary Surgery at 31 Sembawang Road
Ear-tip sterilisation: Male $30 Female $45 – 55
These rates are only valid if booking is made through the Cat Welfare Society before 31 Jan 2013.
It is one cat per flat for NEW OWNERS. For existing owners that meet the ownership conditions, there are grounds for exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Chong Pang existing owners, please do not be concerned about the one cat rule if you are a responsible owner. Please contact the Cat Welfare Society to be included in the pilot.
Chong Pang cat owners, please email the Cat Welfare Society at [email protected] for registration and vet booking details.