Originally posted by k4korny:a company that has not made a single year of profit since its listing.
[b]Chartered Semiconductor swings to Q2 loss of US$67.1m
Singapore's Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing has swung to a loss in the second quarter.
The world's fourth-largest contract chip maker reported a net loss of US$67.1 million, compared with a net profit of US$15.3 million in the year-earlier quarter.
But the loss in the three months to June was smaller than analysts forecast for a net loss of US$79.9 million.
haha... u got a xin suan relationship with this coy huh?Originally posted by dragg:a company that has not made a single year of profit since its listing.
lots of money from our reserves.Originally posted by k4korny:haha... u got a xin suan relationship with this coy huh?
their technology is miles behind the top 2.. earlier this year they have even publicly announced that they dun mind being taken over!!
coy with lotsa $$ but lousy mgmt.
Suntec REIT to distribute S$20.1m to unit-holders for June quarterVery positive news for S-Reit. As at 26/7, Suntec REIT closes @ 1.180. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
SINGAPORE : Suntec REIT will be distributing an income of S$20.1 million to unit-holders for the three months to June.
This amounts to a distribution per unit of 1.56 cents, which is 5% higher than forecast.
For the year-to-date, Suntec REIT's annualised distribution per unit is 6.11 cents.
The distribution yield works out to 5.1% based on Monday's closing price of S$1.19 per unit.
The REIT's strong performance is due to the buoyant office market, with rents increasing by 11.1%.
Suntec REIT says its office occupancy is close to 90%.
With limited supply of quality office space over the next three years and an expected increase in demand for office space, the trust expects occupancy and rentals to continue on the upward trend.
- CNA /ls
As expected, Suntec Reit up 0.03 to close at 1.21 today.Originally posted by k4korny:Very positive news for S-Reit. As at 26/7, Suntec REIT closes @ 1.180. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
(PS: Eh, ah Shade, stop smiling!)
Damn! I wanted to buy 5 more lots at $1.16...Originally posted by k4korny:As expected, Suntec Reit up 0.03 to close at 1.21 today.
$580 (*edit) profit so far.. Mai hiam bei pai lah..Originally posted by shade343:Damn! I wanted to buy 5 more lots at $1.16...
I guess I should be contented with 8 lots at an average of $1.14....
Not likely to sell...I want more. But today its going to go up again....Originally posted by k4korny:$580 (*edit) profit so far.. Mai hiam bei pai lah..
so u sold liao buey? or keeping it to wait for the dividends?
KepLand is may also be launching a REIT next year leh..
STATS ChipPAC Reports Second Quarter ResultsIMO, it's not too bad a result. Stats Chippac 8c lower to close at $1.21. (28 July)
Year-On-Year Revenue (for the three months ended June 30, 2005) increased 90% to $264.3 million. This represents a sequential increase of 13% compared to the prior quarter and is in line with prior guidance. While net loss narrowed to $15.1 million
'For the third quarter 2005, we expect revenue to be approximately 9 per cent to 14 per cent higher than the second quarter 2005, with US GAAP net loss per ADS of US$0.07 to US$0.04 and non-US GAAP adjusted net income per ADS in the range of US$0.01 to US$0.04 per ADS for the third quarter of 2005.'
DBS SECOND-QUARTER EARNINGS UP 28%DBS close 50cents up at $16.20
EXCLUDING LAST YEARÂ’S ONE-TIME GAINS
See results here
- BOARD RAISES ORDINARY DIVIDEND TO 15 CENTS A SHARE FOR SECOND QUARTER
- Strong loan growth boosts interest income
- Fee income sets quarterly record on higher business activity
- Operating costs decline from previous quarter
- Asset quality further enhanced as non-performing assets fall
Fu Yu's first-half net profit plummetsBad signs of things to come in the mfgr industry. Other mfgr results out within this 2 weeks.. watch out for it. Fu yu down 5c to 0.540
FU YU Corp's first-half net profit plunged almost 60 per cent to $10.7 million in FY 2005 from $26.4 million in the previous corresponding period. Its first-half turnover also dipped 3.3 per cent to $183.8 million from $190.1 million. Fu Yu said the poor results were due to price pressure from customers, increase in costs due to rising oil prices and increase in labour cost in China subsidiaries.
Exceptional gain lifts S'pore ShippingI was thinking how can a shipping coy post such profits with oil prices rising so much! exceptional gains.. Sp shipping down 0.005 to 0.585.
SINGAPORE Shipping Corp posted a more than six-fold rise in first-quarter net profit to $45.7 million from $7.3 million in the previous corresponding quarter. The earnings include a $41.3 million exceptional gain from the disposal of a vessel, a subsidiary and an an associated company. Without the exceptional items, its Q1 earnings dropped close to 40 per cent to $4.4 million. Its quarterly revenue dipped 8.3 per cent to $23.2 million from $25.3 million previously. It said operating results will be affected by the sale of the vessels, and the favourable impact from higher charter rates for its car carriers will be felt mainly from the third quarter of this financial year.
Keppel Corp posts a 17% rise in H1 net profit to S$227m
KepCorp Press Release
SPC's Q2 profit quadruples to $101.7mAnd lows for those which depended on oil
Unaudited Q1 Report
SIA Q1 profit falls 8% to $235m on high fuel costsAnd in other news, Osim, Raffles Holdings, SMRT and singpost also posted good results for their investors to cheer for.
- The bottom line was achieved on the back of a 12 per cent or $320 million rise in revenue to $3.04 billion, thanks to robust passenger and cargo traffic. But rising fuel costs raised its expenditure by 15.3 per cent or $370 million to $2.79 billion.
- Still, they say SIA may be able to count on its subsidiaries to boost its earnings. The carrier's aircraft maintenance unit, SIA Engineering, posted a 27 percent rise in first quarter net profit to S$55 million. The cargo handling and flight catering subsidiary, Singapore Airport Terminal Services, saw a first quarter net profit of S$51 million, up 4.5 percent on-year.
Cosco first-half profit jumps 115% to S$65mwow.. this is probably going to be the top10 active counter tomorrow.
SINGAPORE : Ship repair and shipping group Cosco Corp. has more than doubled its second quarter profit from a year ago.
For the three months to June, profit hit an all-time high of S$39.4 million, taking its half-time earnings to more than S$65 million, up 115%.
Revenue in the second quarter jumped nearly eight times to $211 million, thanks to a strong performance from its shipyard operations.
- CNA /ls
Cosco Corp Website
Starhub 2Q05 profit up, announces first dividend payout
Starhub Investor Relation (IR)
SingTel's 1Q05 profit up 14% to $796mStarhub is seen as capturing a bigger portion of the SG market from Singtel with a 25% increase in consumer base, to 31.5% of mkt share. Though Singtel has posted double digit growth, the mkt wasn't impressed with it's lower profit margins, and the smaller mkt share in SG and Aust (Optus).
Hi-P decline in 2Q05Then..
- '7.3% decline in revenue to S$139.6 million compared to the same quarter last year while net profit declined 1.8% to S$21.7 million.'
Venture Corp reports 8% drop in half-time earningsIn other results/news,
Baidu.com more than triplesWorkers in that company and has stock options would be millionaires by now..
NEW YORK -- Shares of the Chinese Web-search-engine operator Baidu.com vaulted 354% Friday in the IPO market's biggest splash in at least five years.
Capturing the same lightning that has caused Google to nearly quadruple since its IPO last year, Baidu.com opened at $66, more than double its $27 price, climbed, stabilized and then rallied anew before plateauing a second time and ending its historic opening day at $122.54.
With about 32.3 million shares outstanding, a company with $8 million in revenue in its most recent quarter is carrying a market cap of more than $4 billion.
OCBC Q2 profit marginally highercompared to DBS 28% increase, and UOB's 17.7% increase in 2Q05 y-o-y profits.. OCBC's perf seems to be lack lustre.
- 2Q05 profits (S$304 million) shows an increase of 1% from the S$300 million profit recorded in 2Q04.
- An interim gross dividend of 11 cents per share.
- Net interest income increased 7%; driven largely by growth in interest earning assets and the consolidation of Bank NISP.
- Non-interest income grew 12%; due to the consolidation of GEHÂ’s insurance income and 7% increase in fees and commissions.
- Focus on overseas market. Â“We delivered satisfactory results in an environment of slower economic growth in Singapore along with continued pressure from higher cost of funds and price competition. The acquisition of Bank NISP has added further diversity to our earnings profile and will provide us with better long term growth opportunities outside Singapore. Our overseas operations now account for 31% of revenue and 34% of pretax profit, compared to 21% and 23% respectively in second quarter 2004.Â”
Jurong TechnologiesÂ’ 2Q05 Net Profit Jumps 66% To $15.3 Million As Revenue Rises 69% To $433.0 MillionVery Positive results for the stock. Closed at $1.88 on 10Aug.
Jur Tech IR
- 1H05 Net Profit up 60% to $29.9 million; Revenue 84%
higher at $847.3 million compared to 1H04
- Growth boosted by continued strong demand for
wireless PCBA and modular products, and steady HDD
business despite seasonal weakness
- Expects 2H05 to be better than that of 1H05 and FY05
performance to surpass that of FY04
- Declares 33% jump in interim dividend to 2.0 cents
At lunchtime, STI is down 21 points to 2316 on Mkt correction.
CREATIVE ANNOUNCES Q4 FY05 RESULTS
Note: all prices in USD.
- For the fourth quarter, net income was a loss of $31.9 million with EPS of a $0.38 loss per share, including an investment gain of $9.3 million. This compares to net income for the same period last year of $6.6 million with EPS of $0.08, including an investment loss of $0.2 million.
- Net income for the 2005 fiscal year including investment gains of $74.4 million and a non-cash impairment charge on 3Dlabs of $65.2 million, was $0.6 million with EPS of $0.01 compared to EPS of $1.61 in FY04.
- Net income for the 2005 fiscal year excluding investment gains of $74.4 million and a non-cash impairment charge of $65.2 million, was a loss of $8.6 million, EPS of a loss of $0.10 per share.
- Revenues up over 50 Percent Year-Over-Year on 260 Percent Increase of MP3 Unit Sales;
- Company Reports Loss Primarily Attributable to Lower-than-Expected Selling Prices and Inventory Write Downs
- "We plan to return to profitability by continuing to grow our MP3 business and growing our audio business following the launch of the new Sound BlasterÂ® X-FiÂ™ and the new Xtreme FidelityÂ™ audio standard, which we introduced this week."
- ZenÂ™ Micro Photo MP3 player and the new Zen Vision, our music, photo and video player, due to be released soon.