You can come forward and share the gift of life to those in need today.
Criteria for blood donation:
- Donors must be between 16 and 60 years old (Youths aged 16 and 17 require parental consent bit.ly/parentalconsentform),
- Weigh at least 45kg,
- Have a haemoglobin level of at least 12.5g/dl,
- Be in generally good health,
- Not have had any symptoms of infection for at least 1 week (e.g. sore throat, cough, runny nose, diarrhoea); and
- Have not had a fever in the last 3 weeks
If you have travelled overseas recently, call 62200183 or bit.ly/malariatravel to check eligibility.
Things you may find useful are attached for your easy access:
Organisations are welcome to pledge their support towards the National Blood Programme by hosting blood donation drives and encouraging their employees and members to donate blood regularly.
For Companies or Communities who wish to host blood donation drives in your premises, you can:
- call 6220 0183 to speak to any of our Donor Managers or
- email us at [email protected]
Bed Set-up at Your Premise
To organise a blood drive at your premise, we need a room (about the size of a badminton court) that is clean and conducive for blood donation.There should be adequate lighting and ventilation to ensure the safety and comfort of the donors. The environment should not be noisy as it will impede the performance of the medical team and affect donor care. Organisers will need to provide at least 10 tables and 50 chairs for the set-up and three electrical power points. The collection target for such drives is at least 100 units of blood. To achieve this, you will need to recruit about 140 or more potential donors.
Group Blood Donation at Bloodbank
Blood donation drive can be held at any of the four blood collection centres- [email protected], [email protected] Ghaut, [email protected] Tower and [email protected] You can gather a group of people to donate blood together at the bloodbank and let us know when and where you will be going. If there are at least 10 sign ups, we can support you with bus service between the workplace and the Bloodbank. In this way, we hope to make blood donation convenient and hassle-free.
For Companies or Communities who want to organise talks
- Please call (65) 6220 0183 to speak to any of our Donor Managers for more information.
- We can come down to your school or organisation to conduct talks on our work locally as well as abroad.