02 Oct, 04:05AM in sunny Singapore!

SM call to wealthy : Give 0.5% of annual pay to needy

Subscribe to SM call to wealthy : Give 0.5% of annual pay to needy 59 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    6,078 posts since Feb '04
    • Our gov is simply AMZAZING...

With all the high salaries for so many friggin decades, and their ASKING us to donate to the needies and the poor....

They really have very thick hides....

Mad

Edited by ShutterBug 05 Feb `07, 1:20PM
    1,138 posts since Jun '06
    • Originally posted by Spirit of Fire:
      They're all the so-called leaders, all the more they should lead by example, that's y they should give more. Is giving 5% of their annual salary to the needy too much, I absolutely dun think so. It's always like this, for many years already, these people like to talk the talk but not walk the walk. Are their pockets filled to the brim with money that they cannot walk the walk??? Bloody hell!!!

That's what those accountants with creative accounting skills are for.. the super rich just haveta pay a small fee for a fancy report (to escape larger fees), then sit back n let those expert accountants work their magic.. Laughing

Edited by spinsugar 05 Feb `07, 1:28PM
    1,642 posts since Dec '06
    • This reminds me of how they do things in some government departments.

In my unit, our CO once aruptly asked everyone to contribute $20 each for a charity (some army thing), compulsory. Regulars and NSFs alike.

He did not consider if the NSFs can afford it or not, to him, it was doing a great deed for helping the poor and needy. Of course the level of unhappiness was so great amongst the men that it became on a volunteer basis, but of course by then no one wanted to donate... (later, insider news has it that the COs were actually seeing who can raise the most donations.)

If the SM wants everyone to do it, they must first show everyone they are taking the lead.

1,775 posts since Dec '06
    • Originally posted by bigmouthjoe:
      This reminds me of how they do things in some government departments.

In my unit, our CO once aruptly asked everyone to contribute $20 each for a charity (some army thing), compulsory. Regulars and NSFs alike.

He did not consider if the NSFs can afford it or not, to him, it was doing a great deed for helping the poor and needy. Of course the level of unhappiness was so great amongst the men that it became on a volunteer basis, but of course by then no one wanted to donate... (later, insider news has it that the COs were actually seeing who can raise the most donations.)

If the SM wants everyone to do it, they must first show everyone they are taking the lead.

Do tell. I used to work at a place where we had to pay for our own food and transport. Essentially stayout. Monthly costs just to go to work tops off 100 over bucks a month. Yet, we are asked to pay for that silly AHM when the % of our pay we have to deduct is far more than the NS officers etc. If by anything, The army is insanely the pinnacle of all things that can be possibly bad with the govt.

• Originally posted by Fingolfin_Noldor:
      Do tell. I used to work at a place where we had to pay for our own food and transport. Essentially stayout. Monthly costs just to go to work tops off 100 over bucks a month. Yet, we are asked to pay for that silly AHM when the % of our pay we have to deduct is far more than the NS officers etc. If by anything, The army is insanely the pinnacle of all things that can be possibly bad with the govt.

Makes you wonder how they chose the officers... these are the people leading the men when our Nation is at war. But we can only complain because they got starfish and crabs...

1,775 posts since Dec '06
      Makes you wonder how they chose the officers... these are the people leading the men when our Nation is at war. But we can only complain because they got starfish and crabs...

At where I work, there were more crests than bars, and a sprinkling of stars. To them, the 60 bucks is PEANUTS, even to the NS Officers. Knn.. Slaves...

• Originally posted by Fingolfin_Noldor:
      At where I work, there were more crests than bars, and a sprinkling of stars. To them, the 60 bucks is PEANUTS, even to the NS Officers. Knn.. Slaves...

Peanuts cannot anyhow use hor... must $600,000 and above.

Yah I know what you mean, they just don't care what you think, as long as they think they are doing their job (which unfortunately they are not...)

Sad

Edited by bigmouthjoe 05 Feb `07, 7:32PM
    1,387 posts since Jul '06

• Fruk him lah is time 2 sleep oreli!!!!!

Let him talk whatever he wants fruk him deep 2???

Good 9!!!!

3,157 posts since Oct '05
      This reminds me of how they do things in some government departments.

CO is trying to gain more recognition from higher level commanders.

Please Login or Signup to reply.