22 Nov, 10:35AM in sunny Singapore!

Ridiculous HDB Prices

Subscribe to Ridiculous HDB Prices 2,130 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    1,828 posts since Mar '06
    • High asset value good mah. Why you wanted to devalue your asset value.

MM Lee and Minister Mah cannot be wrong. Sorry must be right. High asset value will improve your value isn't it good for you?. If the children cannot afford to stay in high value asset, then they should stay with their parent. So indirectly, Minister Mah also improve Singaporean's family cohersion. so great.

Current rental rule allow 4 persons to stay in a room. Correct me if I am wronged. So I wondered if it's an offence that more than 4 siblings found living in a room. That's my worry.

If it's no an offence. Then seriously singaporeans should considered staying together. Saving is also a good thing to practise since we can't make more money, isn't it. You agree.

Don't be a daft..mentioned by MM Lee. I selectively quote.

I love Singapore. Sorry. My english no good.

63 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by king108:

If the children cannot afford to stay in high value asset, then they should stay with their parent. So indirectly, Minister Mah also improve Singaporean's family cohersion. so great.

U are right abt Minister Mah. This guy may be kateh and not handsome, not-so-sweet smile and 1 big-1 smal eyes BUT Minister Mah can do a good job ok!

Minister Mah is of PM material if u are not biased against his height and looks.

Do not judge a man by his outlook but his brain

Minister Mah next PM!

2 posts since May '09
    30,628 posts since Jul '07
    • Originally posted by Duraigoh:

U are right abt Minister Mah. This guy may be kateh and not handsome, not-so-sweet smile and 1 big-1 smal eyes BUT Minister Mah can do a good job ok!

Minister Mah is of PM material if u are not biased against his height and looks.

Minister Mah next PM!

accuse me, the average international lectern (stand for giving speech)  is already above his height, how then, can he be our PM, if one day he talks at the UN or house of senator in US, nobody can see him...only hear his mickey mouse voice.

31,371 posts since Mar '05
    63 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by angel7030:

accuse me, the average international lectern (stand for giving speech)  is already above his height, how then, can he be our PM, if one day he talks at the UN or house of senator in US, nobody can see him...only hear his mickey mouse voice.

stop insulting our Ministers esp MP Mah Bow Tan

challenge u dare to repeat this in Tampines, u will get bashed by the Tampines residents who luv their MP Mah

think u are worse than mickey mouse, u are a rat

stop insulting our Ministers esp MP Mah Bow Tan

challenge u dare to repeat this in Tampines, u will get bashed by the Tampines residents who luv their MP Mah

think u are worse than mickey mouse, u are a rat

icon_lol.gif

9 posts since May '11
    • My parents HDB flat loan only 15yrs during the 70s. HDB should be affordable for me to pay up in 10-15yrs just like our parents gen and not the current 25- 30yrs. Will it go up to 45-50yrs loan when my kids gen. Where to have CPF saving when i’m using my full monthly contribution into the housing loan. I’ll only see saving after 30yrs later when loan is finished. I’m asset rich but capital zero. Must I sell my house and sleep roadside inorder to enjoy my retirement?

2,467 posts since Jan '10

High asset value good mah. Why you wanted to devalue your asset value.

MM Lee and Minister Mah cannot be wrong. Sorry must be right. High asset value will improve your value isn't it good for you?. If the children cannot afford to stay in high value asset, then they should stay with their parent. So indirectly, Minister Mah also improve Singaporean's family cohersion. so great.

Current rental rule allow 4 persons to stay in a room. Correct me if I am wronged. So I wondered if it's an offence that more than 4 siblings found living in a room. That's my worry.

If it's no an offence. Then seriously singaporeans should considered staying together. Saving is also a good thing to practise since we can't make more money, isn't it. You agree.

Don't be a daft..mentioned by MM Lee. I selectively quote.

I love Singapore. Sorry. My english no good.

Whether your HDB is $50,000 or $1,000,000, makes no difference, you can't sell it, if you sell it you have to live on the streets.

So high asset value of HDB is like CPF, it makes you feel good, but you can't touch it, ultimately you might not even get it back. icon_lol.gif

Edited by βέτά 04 May `11, 2:17AM
    3,228 posts since Dec '10
    • Originally posted by Truthtruthtruth:

My parents HDB flat loan only 15yrs during the 70s. HDB should be affordable for me to pay up in 10-15yrs just like our parents gen and not the current 25- 30yrs. Will it go up to 45-50yrs loan when my kids gen. Where to have CPF saving when i’m using my full monthly contribution into the housing loan. I’ll only see saving after 30yrs later when loan is finished. I’m asset rich but capital zero. Must I sell my house and sleep roadside inorder to enjoy my retirement?

Almost everybody is like that, but then why buy 4/5 rm when 3rm is just nice? No need to pay so much loans....stick to the minimum....then its not that expensive mah....icon_lol.gif

9 posts since May '11
    • Would you buy a old 3rm HDB that’s more expansive and requires more loan than a new cheaper 4rm?

Edited by Truthtruthtruth 06 May `11, 6:19PM

Would you buy a old 3rm HDB that’s more expansive than a new 4rm?

Can you afford the 3 room flat in the first place? icon_lol.gif

9 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by charlize:

Can you afford the 3 room flat in the first place? icon_lol.gif

Sorry I was replying to DB for my previous post but didn't click on the Reply/Quote button.

11,794 posts since Nov '04

Minister Mah next PM!

Seriously, nwadays before election comes, a lot of pro MIW supporters appear in SGForum to counter what is being written when they should divert their drive to help the needy...
      SIGH, MIW team wasting resources and time

3,228 posts since Dec '10

Would you buy a old 3rm HDB that’s more expansive and requires more loan than a new cheaper 4rm?

It really depends on what we want....for me affordability is priority....I dun wanna repay something so old and by the time I repaid finish, will the flat be sell-able ?

Minister Mah next PM!

Are you fighting with sbst to be this mini star's biggest fan? icon_lol.gif

2,467 posts since Jan '10
    23,201 posts since Aug '01
    • Originally posted by βέτά:

That's the PAP policy, to enslave citizens with mountains of debt, keep them working till they kick the bucket. icon_lol.gif

When you look back at your life in your 70s or 80s, you will have discovered that you haven't really lived your life, or you life only consist of work and more work. icon_lol.gif

Whatever happened to retirement in your golden years? icon_lol.gif 

The land sales money SLA gets from HDB goes to the PAP government's coffers and they are laughing all the way to the bank with it. icon_lol.gif

You are supposed to be paying for your flat for 30 yrs, then start saving for retirement icon_lol.gif

If you graduate at 25, buy a resale at age 30, then you start saving around 60 yrs old for retirement, provided you have enough to pay for your house icon_lol.gif

• Those living in HDB have to take heart that their flat asset values is increasing day by day, by knowing it shall keep you motivated and get going.

1,829 posts since Sep '07
    • Originally posted by eagle:

You are supposed to be paying for your flat for 30 yrs, then start saving for retirement icon_lol.gif

If you graduate at 25, buy a resale at age 30, then you start saving around 60 yrs old for retirement, provided you have enough to pay for your house icon_lol.gif

yes, you have 2 years to max out your retirement funds. before the 40% pay cuts come into effect once you reach 62.

• Originally posted by Demon Bane:

Almost everybody is like that, but then why buy 4/5 rm when 3rm is just nice? No need to pay so much loans....stick to the minimum....then its not that expensive mah....icon_lol.gif

there is something called the income ceiling.

It is very easy to exceed the income ceiling for 3 room flat if both couple are working.

• Originally posted by eagle:

Provided if you strike toto first prize or become a Minister, then you do not worry about your flat cost, that is why so long Q at singapore pool and many younger ones like me, long to become a MP and Minister.

1,829 posts since Sep '07
    • Originally posted by βέτά:

I hope PAP wins so that our 3-Room HDB can increase to $1 million. icon_lol.gif

Ya. after that, you can cash that out, live the life of a millionaire.

can upgrade to seafront property somemore.

$15 4-person beach tent from NTUC, at east coast park.

High asset value good mah. Why you wanted to devalue your asset value.

1) What if your flat is too small to fit your children? and their family?

2) What if you have multiple children? you want 2-3 families living together with you in your tiny 3rm 4 rm flat? where are you going to fit them? eventually, some of the children would have to buy their own house.

3) privacy for procreation.

ie. 3 room flat: 2 bedrooms.

1 for your parents, and 1 for yourself. and after you have your first child, how? a little awkward right? and what if you have siblings who are also living in the same house?

Please Login or Signup to reply.