28 Jul, 04:17PM in sunny Singapore!

Ridiculous HDB Prices

Subscribe to Ridiculous HDB Prices 2,105 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Army 21's Avatar
    548 posts since Jun '12
    • Originally posted by Demon Bane:

      That's why i m not buying now...I try to wait it out...it'll come down soon...hopefully!

      ......................:(

  • Summer hill's Avatar
    6,609 posts since Dec '11
    • Originally posted by Army 21:

      how u kniw the vote wasnt rigged?even if no one voted for same folks.....u rig it its like tilting pinball machine n victory forever.

       

      stupider would be those who think it couldnt be rigged.

      shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...later someone sue you for slander! 

  • Demon Bane's Avatar
    3,228 posts since Dec '10
    • If the market trend continues up, I dunno what will happen to newly weds...maybe can't afford a basic BTO 5 rm anymore? Any future market prediction?

  • charlize's Avatar
    30,260 posts since Mar '05
    • I think higher prices next year.

       

      Sorry, but life will kick you in the gonads.

       

      We peasants just have to accept it and suffer for the the rest of our lives. icon_lol.gif

    • Originally posted by Demon Bane:

      If the market trend continues up, I dunno what will happen to newly weds...maybe can't afford a basic BTO 5 rm anymore? Any future market prediction?

      You sure you want to buy 5 room BTO at half a million dollars? icon_lol.gif

  • Demon Bane's Avatar
    3,228 posts since Dec '10
    • Originally posted by charlize:

      You sure you want to buy 5 room BTO at half a million dollars? icon_lol.gif

      I'm waiting patiently for the prices to turn south....looks like gonna give it some time...it won't go up forever right? wink.png

    • The weird trend is that the higher the prices, more people are actually buying ! Why is that so ? I'm puzzled ! Before the prices went crazy, people were enjoying a quality of life...now people are worrying over housing loan payments....probably for the next 30y !

  • Summer hill's Avatar
    6,609 posts since Dec '11
    • Originally posted by Demon Bane:

      The weird trend is that the higher the prices, more people are actually buying ! Why is that so ? I'm puzzled ! Before the prices went crazy, people were enjoying a quality of life...now people are worrying over housing loan payments....probably for the next 30y !

      SG: Population 7 million.

      A house is a need. Laughing

      I bet in 2030 we will reach 20 million. Laughing 

    • Originally posted by Demon Bane:

      I'm waiting patiently for the prices to turn south....looks like gonna give it some time...it won't go up forever right? wink.png

      Fat hope. Laughing

      Really fat hope, kindly look at how populated is Singapore. Laughing 

      You wait until 2023, I will be there to fight with you.Laughing 

  • charlize's Avatar
    30,260 posts since Mar '05
  • M the name's Avatar
    1,765 posts since Mar '09
    • Shortage of dorms, rising rents raise concerns

       

      Mr Yeo fears employers may be forced to house workers in HDB flats.

       

      IF RENT prices in dormitories continue to rise, employers may be forced to house more foreign workers in Housing Board flats.

         That is the worry of MP Yeo Guat Kwang, who is also chairman of migrant help group Migrant Workers' Centre.

         Monthly rent at purpose-built dormitories has gone up significantly in recent years because of a shortage of bed spaces, he said.

         All the 39 purpose-built dorms are full.

         In 2005, workers each paid about $95 a month to rent a bed space in these dorms. But the price has gone up to between $280 and $300 now.

         In contrast, rent prices at HDB flats are relatively cheaper: It costs a worker about $200 every month to live in a flat.

         "My concern is that if we do not have enough accommodation for these workers, they may actually move on to thinking of HDB rental as an alternative... This may cause inconvenience to some residents," said Mr Yeo.

         He was speaking to reporters yesterday at the launch of the Dormitory Association of Singapore Limited (DASL), which has been set up to raise standards in the dorm industry.

         There are 723,000 foreign workers in Singapore.

         An estimated 150,000 live in purpose-built dorms and another 100,000 in rented HDB flats. Some 50,000 live in factory-converted dorms while the rest live in construction site quarters, temporary housing such as shipping containers, and residential premises such as shophouses and landed homes.

         DASL president Kelvin Teo said one of the reasons there is a shortage of dorms is that the Government has released fewer plots of land in recent years.

         "The preference is to locate the dorms in more remote places, but even these places are used to build HDB flats now," said Mr Teo.

         In recent years, HDB residents have increasingly grumbled about foreign workers living in their midst. As a result, more dorms have been built in remote areas like Mandai and Tuas.

       

      AMELIA TAN

       

      Top of the news, The Straits Times, Tuesday, December 10 2012, Pg A6

  • charlize's Avatar
    30,260 posts since Mar '05
  • Demon Bane's Avatar
    3,228 posts since Dec '10
    • Originally posted by charlize:

      There is no such thing as prices going south.

       

      Only you staying south - in Batam Indonesia. icon_lol.gif

      Hehe! Perhaps we may consider immigration to cheaper countries? Some of my friends had done that. But SG is still a good place to retire if you have the $.

    • Originally posted by Summer hill:

      Fat hope. Laughing

      Really fat hope, kindly look at how populated is Singapore. Laughing 

      You wait until 2023, I will be there to fight with you.Laughing 

      Some day it'll go south....I dun think it'll go up forever. We have reach saturation point...

  • charlize's Avatar
    30,260 posts since Mar '05
    • Originally posted by Demon Bane:

      Hehe! Perhaps we may consider immigration to cheaper countries? Some of my friends had done that. But SG is still a good place to retire if you have the $.

      If you have the moolah.

       

      If. icon_lol.gif

  • Demon Bane's Avatar
    3,228 posts since Dec '10
  • charlize's Avatar
    30,260 posts since Mar '05
    • Originally posted by Demon Bane:

      I'm planning to immigrate in the future...if I can save enough $...hopefully.

      If.

       

      If. icon_lol.gif

  • Summer hill's Avatar
    6,609 posts since Dec '11
    • Originally posted by Demon Bane:

      Some day it'll go south....I dun think it'll go up forever. We have reach saturation point...

      singapore youth population (< 18) is 20% 

      Do you we can support you? 

      Edited by Summer hill 25 Dec `12, 9:43PM
  • charlize's Avatar
    30,260 posts since Mar '05
  • Demon Bane's Avatar
    3,228 posts since Dec '10
    • Perhaps next time SG become like some countries, your children have to continue payment for the property you bought? I can't imagine that....

  • Summer hill's Avatar
    6,609 posts since Dec '11
    • Originally posted by Demon Bane:

      Perhaps next time SG become like some countries, your children have to continue payment for the property you bought? I can't imagine that....

      99 year payment? icon_lol.gif

  • And life goes on... with shades of grey
    BadzMaro's Avatar
    33,745 posts since Apr '04
  • Summer hill's Avatar
    6,609 posts since Dec '11
    • Originally posted by Demon Bane:

      I'm waiting patiently for the prices to turn south....looks like gonna give it some time...it won't go up forever right? wink.png

      when the world population drop by 3 billion.

  • charlize's Avatar
    30,260 posts since Mar '05
Please Login or Signup to reply.