18 Apr, 03:35AM in sunny Singapore!

Ex. Malindo

Subscribe to Ex. Malindo 97 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    35,170 posts since Apr '03
    • Originally posted by Shotgun:
      Wah, thats good to hear man. It would be problematic if everybody still carried on their boh chup attitude despite national emergency.

I think that is one of our innate qualities.We are boh chup and are a "kao peh" nation.But when the shit hits the fan, you and I know what kind of solidarity we can produce.

10,413 posts since Feb '05
    • Originally posted by hunter:
      oh yeah.....i was one of the NSF during that period of time......
      boy it was tense then..............as related by my camp mates and counterparts fm my other sub units........

i was fm this camp somewhere in bt timah and it happened that we were off to malaysia on holiday a couple of days prior to the 'eventful day'........in actual fact, we were the standby unit for that week and somehow, nobody seems to take notice and 2ic approved our leave (12 of us kah......... in various lines and depts). some of us even brought our standby pager to malaysia!!!

until we came back fm our holidays then did we learnt that a couple of our sub units were activated and large amt of xxx were loaded onto xxxx and deployed to the activated units.

of course the story doesnt end that......we were all kena fxxked upside down left and right along with our 2ic by our oc who probably scared to shit.........if the real thing happens.

lagi best

easier to engage , just rent their proton car and pack it with explosives
      Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

550 posts since Dec '02
    • Originally posted by SMAPLionHeart:
      lagi best

easier to engage , just rent their proton car and pack it with explosives
      Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

lolz!
      Hmm... but i dunno if got war that time I will fight or not...
      Maybe bring family run ler...

Edited by iori8888 29 Oct `05, 3:05PM
    14,922 posts since Jan '02
    2,811 posts since Apr '04
    • Well,when waqr comes, the only thing in my mind is whether I will be able to line up my sights at the approaching enemy and pull the trigger with every intention of killing or maiming another fellow human being who like me has parents and a future ahead and a history behind them.

34,549 posts since Aug '05
    • Originally posted by SpecOps87:
      Well,when waqr comes, the only thing in my mind is whether I will be able to line up my sights at the approaching enemy and pull the trigger with every intention of killing or maiming another fellow human being who like me has parents and a future ahead and a history behind them.

i suppose when the only choices are between killing and be killed, you'll have no problems with pulling the trigger ....

6,221 posts since Jul '03
    • Originally posted by Fatum:
      i suppose when the only choices are between killing and be killed, you'll have no problems with pulling the trigger ....

kill or be killed. u choose....answer is obvious.

192 posts since Apr '03
    • Originally posted by iori8888:
      lolz!

Cool... so where u gonna bring your family to? Johor? Or Bintan?

11,873 posts since Oct '05
    • Originally posted by iori8888:
      lolz!

hey faggot, where can u run to? teach us leh....

2,906 posts since Sep '02
    • We must understand that Singapore is a tiny island we don't have the luxury of running to another part of the country then wait for war to end. If we lose round 1 we are already defeated even without round 2. If we do escape,then where can we go? Who will want us? Remember the Vietnamese boat people? You want to be a stateless refugee where you don't belong any where and nobody wants you? They just kick you around! Its either we prepare to fight or wait to die. I say we fight! Very Happy

5,078 posts since Jul '04
    • Originally posted by tankee1981:
      We must understand that Singapore is a tiny island we don't have the luxury of running to another part of the country then wait for war to end. If we lose round 1 we are already defeated even without round 2. If we do escape,then where can we go? Who will want us? Remember the Vietnamese boat people? You want to be a stateless refugee where you don't belong any where and nobody wants you? They just kick you around! Its either we prepare to fight or wait to die. I say we fight! Very Happy

countries will selectively take you in depending on yr qualifications, doctors, engineers, or what. You will be at their mercy. Migrating and being treated as second class citizens is bad enough but go in as refugees....never.

we fight!

2,543 posts since Dec '03
    • Originally posted by tankee1981:
      We must understand that Singapore is a tiny island we don't have the luxury of running to another part of the country then wait for war to end. If we lose round 1 we are already defeated even without round 2. If we do escape,then where can we go? Who will want us? Remember the Vietnamese boat people? You want to be a stateless refugee where you don't belong any where and nobody wants you? They just kick you around! Its either we prepare to fight or wait to die. I say we fight! Very Happy

all the way Smile

2,811 posts since Apr '04
    • I live here for 18yrs 5mths of my life, though I cannot say that I am happy with how the higher ups does things, but when the time comes, I will fight till the very end. For my culture,my believes,my family,my friends,and the land which provided for me. We Fight!!!

Quoted from the Rawdy Brotherhood:

I am a member of the rawdy brotherhood
      I will think of my brothers before myself
      I will march into battlewith my brothers
      I will stick with them no matter
      How tough the terrain
      How long the distance
      How harsh the weather
      And how fierce the enemy
      For I know my brothers depend on me
      Like how I depend on them
      So join me brothers
      For he who fights along with me this day
      Shall be my
      BROTHER

10,413 posts since Feb '05
    • Originally posted by monoslayer:
      hey faggot, where can u run to? teach us leh....

run to sentosa and take private yacht to USA

Laughing Laughing Laughing

• Originally posted by Paladin:
      Cool... so where u gonna bring your family to? Johor? Or Bintan?

nope.

go scuba diving in malibu
      Laughing Laughing Laughing

152 posts since Sep '03
    • Ex Malindo Barsasa 3AB was a series of joint miltary exercises between Indonesia and Malaysian armed forces that started a week before Nday 1991 and cumulated in the form of an commando/Kopassus airborne drop in Johor not less 20 km from our border. Total strength involved hovered around 3000 men.

The official TNI newspaper stated that the scenario of the exercise was that an"aggressor" had invaded Malaysia and hence both countries are forced to carried out punitive measures to defend Malaysia and drive the "aggressors" out. The codename pf last phase of the exercise was translated from Behasa Melayu as "Beat to Death"

SM Goh ordered the first ever open mobilization of the SAF and the rest as they say was history. I remember both uncles being called up at the same time for active deployment. I think the arty one reported back to Khatib while the infantry one was deployed to Marsiling.

• Originally posted by Laplace:
      Ex Malindo Barsasa 3AB was a series of joint miltary exercises between Indonesia and Malaysian armed forces that started a week before Nday 1991 and cumulated in the form of an commando/Kopassus airborne drop in Johor not less 20 km from our border. Total strength involved hovered around 3000 men.

The official TNI newspaper stated that the scenario of the exercise was that an"aggressor" had invaded Malaysia and hence both countries are forced to carried out punitive measures to defend Malaysia and drive the "aggressors" out. The codename pf last phase of the exercise was translated from Behasa Melayu as "Beat to Death"

SM Goh ordered the first ever open mobilization of the SAF and the rest as they say was history. I remember both uncles being called up at the same time for active deployment. I think the arty one reported back to Khatib while the infantry one was deployed to Marsiling.

was chatting once with some engineer reservists during an exercise during my NS days, seems that they were deployed to plant live mines around Singapore too .... Confused

2,906 posts since Sep '02
    • Live mines in Singapore are pretty dangerous stuff! Singapore is a tiny place with lots of people.Hopefully they didn't lay any then or they have removed them already. I don't think anyone wants to step on one of those! Very Happy

15,371 posts since Jun '03
    • Originally posted by Patrik:
      We were labelled as unfriendly forces.

you are always the enemy to your enemies, no ? .... Very Happy

5,185 posts since Oct '05
    15,371 posts since Jun '03
    • Originally posted by Fatum:
      you are always the enemy to your enemies, no ? .... Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
      Well,din expect them to say that mah..

6,610 posts since May '05
    • no.1 02/08/1991 Strait Times Page: 22
      Headline: Singapore's defence needs, by Najib

Republic is strategically 'most vulnerable' in region
      SINGAPORE needs a much larger army equipped with a large stock of
      sophisticated weaponry if it wants to protect itself fully against external
      aggression, said Malaysian Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
      He told the Asian Defence Journal in an interview published in its July issue

that for a country of its size and population, Singapore could be considered
      the most heavily armed state in South-east Asia.
      But its geographical characteristics make it strategically the most
      vulnerable state in the region and it needs a larger defence capability than
      it presently has, he said.

Describing regional arms control issues as "non-issues", he said South-east
      Asian countries spend very little on arms compared to Israel and the Gulf
      states.
      "In fact, most of our feelings of military threat from our neighbours are
      born of morbid fears and suspicions," he added.
      Datuk Najib said most South-east Asian states were difficult to defend
      because of their geographical characteristics, and with the exception of
      Vietnam, most were considerably under-armed.
      Indonesia's defence, for example, was far from adequate to insure its
      far-flung territories against external attack, he said.
      Likewise, both the Philippines and Malaysia, where the armed forces have been

trained primarily for counter-insurgency work, should pay more attention to
      external defence given their geographical characteristics.
      He went on to discuss the impact of the Gulf war, noting that it has slowed
      down the process of global disarmament.
      "On the other hand, the Gulf crisis tends to speed up the process of
      re-armament in countries which have suddenly realised the utter deficiencies
      in their national defence," he noted.
      Asked for his view on Senior Minister Lee Kuan Yew's proposal that Singapore and Malaysia allow mutual inspections of each other's military facilities, he said Mr Lee suggested this as a way to reassure Singapore's neighbours that its arsenal was not offensive in nature.

Malaysian armed forces moving in new direction
      In the wide-ranging interview, Datuk Najib said that the Malaysian armed
      forces were moving in a new direction now that the communist insurgency
      problem has been resolved.
      He said that new weaponry is being acquired to transform the Malaysian armed forces into a more conventional force, equipped to counter external
      aggression.
      He also touched on the US military presence in the region which, he said,
      could serve as a "countervailing force" against regional powers that might
      emerge.
      Regional powers could emerge in the vacuum left by the United States and the Soviet Union if the two superpowers scaled down their presence here following the end of the Cold War, Datuk Najib said.END of quote 1.

Senior Minister Lee Kuan Yew's proposal that Singapore and Malaysia allow mutual inspections of each other's military facilities,

Well,it is a very interesting suggestion.

• Date: 11/08/1991 Stait Times Page: 12

Headline: Malaysia may yet buy high-tech weapons systems
      Datuk Seri Najib : Capabilities to be upgraded before eventual switch to
      high-tech defence

But any move will be done in stages, says Najib
      MALAYSIA has not ruled out the possibility of buying high-tech weapons
      systems, including Patriot missiles, to beef up its defences, according to a
      report in The Star newspaper yesterday.
      The newspaper quoted Defence Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak as saying that any move to acquire such systems would only be done in stages.
      He added that acquiring such weaponry could be very expensive.

The Patriot, successfully used by the Americans during the Gulf war with
      Iraq, is designed to intercept fighter planes and missiles and has a radar
      system that can track targets 160km away.
      Datuk Seri Najib said that Malaysia had a long-term plan to upgrade its
      defence capabilities before its eventual move into the high-tech defence era.
      "But we will not be able to tell when the country will be ready to reach this

stage," he told reporters after touring a command centre of the joint
      Malaysia-Indonesia military exercise in Ulu Tiram, 30km from Johor Baru, on
      Friday.
      He was quoted as saying that although defence had been allocated a large budget, the amount was not enough.
      "That is why we have deferred buying the four submarines," he said.

The latest issue of Jane's Defence Weekly said that the navy had shelved
      plans to buy submarines in favour of expanding its surface fleet and building
      up the air defence.
      According to the magazine, a Malaysian submarine purchase is now about "15 years away".
      AP reported that last December Datuk Seri Najib said that the government had, in principle, identified the type of submarine it wanted, and he confirmed
      that Britain, Germany, The Netherlands, France and Sweden had submitted sales
      proposals to Malaysia.

To another question, Datuk Seri Najib said that the navy would be building
      several offshore patrol vessels (OPVs) locally to add to its present fleet of
      two.
      He said that they would be built at the naval dockyard in Lumut but declined
      to say how many would be built.
      He said that the building of the OPVs would depend on the cost per unit and
      the technical configuration.
      The Star said that Datuk Seri Najib did not discount the possibility of the
      naval dockyard working jointly with other shipyards to build the vessels.---END OF QUOTE

12/12/1991 STimes New SAF radar can spot long-range gun positions
      The use of TPQ-37 radar to trace the enemy's long-range artillery before launching accurate firing THE SAF now has a highly sophisticated radar which can locate long-range artillery and rocket launcher positions within seconds after firing.

2. 21/11/1991 STimes
      Page: L1to L4
      Headline: Singapore's Military Shoppers
      By: Jenny Lam
      : A mine-hunter at work. Singapore's model will be
      similar to the one below. (Page L2)

Pix of Rosemary Yeo and Hor Gar Yin (Page L1)
      Pix of ea mine disposal vehicle, FH 88 Howitzer and Super Skyhawk fighter plane

(Page L1)
      Face-cut of Tan Kim Siew (Page L2)
      More stories on Pages L2, L3 and L4

Mine-hunters that detect mines in Singapore waters, super eyes in the sky that zoom in on intruder vessels. Equipment like these are the business of a
      special breed of engineers from the Defence Materials Organisation, who scour the world for the best for Singapore defence. Exclusive reports by Jenny Lam on Pages Two, Three and Four.
      THE stereotyped image of engineers as a quiet breed is shattered when one
      deals with the Defence Materials Organisation (DMO) engineers.

"Aggressive and outgoing with strong personalities" is how the DMO director,
      Colonel Tan Kim Siew, describes them.
      But then, these are no ordinary engineers. They perform a highly unusual
      hush-hush job: They scour the world for the best possible weapons and military systems to defend Singapore.

Besides having at least second class honours, they must be able to outtalk
      and outmanoeuvre defence suppliers who "are pretty tough to deal with".
      "We cannot have mousey, wishy-washy types and those who get pushed around, as they have to be able to get the best deals from suppliers," says 37-year-old Col Tan.

These engineers, who have to ensure that every gun, ship and plane bought is effective and safe for use by the soldiers, form the core of the DMO, which is part of the Defence Technology Group of the Ministry of Defence.
      Armed with an annual budget of about $1 billion, DMO is responsible for
      providing the Singapore Armed Forces with the most cost-effective military
      systems.
      This amount is part of the Defence Ministry's overall budget which is pegged
      at 6 per cent of Singapore's Gross Domestic Product.

While taxpayers may raise their eyebrows at the $1 billion figure, it is
      actually not a large sum, according to Col Tan, who has a PhD in Control
      Engineering.
      In an interview in his office at Paya Lebar Airport where DMO is based, he
      says: "One billion dollars is very little because the Navy, Air Force and Army
      all want the best and the wish-list far exceeds that amount."

Because DMO's shopping list is long, with requests ranging from uniforms to
      communications systems and jet fighters, it "has to make sure every cent is
      well spent and try to save as much as possible by increasingly upgrading old
      equipment", says Col Tan.
      "Upgrading costs one third to half the cost of buying a piece of new
      equipment. We try to use an equipment like the A4 Skyhawk to its maximum life span and then retrofit it to give it a new lease of life."
      Buying and upgrading are just two of the tasks facing the engineers. With the accumulation of expertise over the years, DMO's engineers are increasingly required to modify new purchases to suit local operational needs.
      The group has even designed and built two new systems in conjunction with
      defence contractors - the FH-88 Howitzer and the Navy's missile corvett........

3.U rarely see so much pages spent in Sg Defense and in Life pages.
      Show of musles?

Please Login or Signup to reply.