25 Nov, 08:21AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Aunt Agony

Guidelines in Aunt Agony

Subscribe to Guidelines in Aunt Agony 12 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    7,753 posts since Apr '01
    • Arrow Welcome to Aunt Agony. I hope this will always be the first stop for new-user using this forum. (I am refreshing the list from the old version)

I must stress that this is no alternative to professional counselling and if you are experencing any crisis that needs IMMEDIATE attention, please dial any one of the hotlines available here

Other than that, everyone is free to use this space to relate their problems, under an anonymous nick.

For suggestion on how to make this a better place, feel free to post in this space. But strictly no crapping ar!

Take care. Idea

Cheers

• GUIDELINES IN AUNT AGONY

I) Whenever possible, try not to post people's problem.
      If possible, introduce them to SGF AA and get them to post instead. Firstly, it's not very nice to post people's problems in a public forum like this? And even if they allow it, I believe that they are still the best person to relate their agony?

II) If possible, write more... describe more... and explain more about your problem.
      Some people like to post their problem without giving sufficient information or leaving certain critical information out. It affects people's advice, because certain critical information affects the entire perspective altogether. Of course if there are things which you are not comfortable in revealing, you can opt not to. Or better still, you could PM some of the regulars, whom you can trust and speak to them.

III) You don't have to write very well, but here's two tips that forumites in AA will be grateful for. Paragraphing and do not alternative caps writing.

Tip 1

Please paragraph if you are writing an essay.

E.g:

this is embarrassing to say because i have never actually made public in forums what i feel...i hope some of you can advise me quite reasonably and sensibly to the following situation.I met this guy through a girl friend of mine. I didn't feel anything towards him at first sight because quite honestly he is not goodlooking but pleasant enough. After he met me and we went out together(with friends), he told my friend that he thought i was cute. My friend is really good friends with him so she told me what he thought about me. The thing is that the term "cute" is used very loosely so....i don't know.. anyway, what happened next was he asked my friend for my ICQ #. We chat occasionally but i realized that recently he doesn't talk to me if i am online. Is he being shy? or has lost interest? am i just being too paranoid about what he thinks of me? Of course when i start a conversation with him he always replies back but why doesn't he try to start a convo with me first?

Tip 2

Do not attempt alternative caps writing style.

E.g:

PleAsE dO nOt wRitE likE tHat bEcAuSe It'S nOt OnlY dAmN bLoOdiE IrRitAtIng, iT aCtUaLLy AffEcTs PeOplE's mOoD iN giViNg pRoPer AdViCes. wOrSt wHen yOu CoMbiNe EsSay... ZeRo PaRaGrAphInG aNd AltErNatE CaPs TYpInG... ChAnCEs arE, yOu aRe UsUaLly fLaMed uNtiL yOu dO sOmeThIng aBouT iT.

IV) Aunt Agony do not encourage gender bashing.
      Although it's a common sight in AA, like cats on the street - if possible keep it minimal? Same goes for overly religious discussion?

VI) Topics out of hand, multiple entries or completely irrelevant are at high risk of being locked.
      If the topics is slightly off (non-AA related)... it shouldn't be much of an issue (E.g. Mushy Gang Chat topic) - although this is subjected to moderator's discretion.

VII) No hijacking of thread.
      Try not to hijack problem threads by posting another problem in someone else's problem thread. Hijack by crapping is not encouraged as well.

VIII) Aunt Agony ISN'T a replacement for professional counselling.
      Should you experience crisis that requires professional attention, please call any of the hotline available here.

IX) Every poster is ACCOUNTABLE for their own advice. Likewise, every problem-seeker is ACCOUTABLE for whom they seek advice from.
      Aunt Agony is NOT responsible, should any mishap/misunderstanding/misdemeanour that arise from specific advice/s dispense by individuals. Aunt Agony is merely an online forum for people to air their problems. Aunt Agony is NOT responsible for anything OUTSIDE the boundary of Sgforums - Aunt Agony. Specific individual is responsible.

Outside the boundaries of Sgforums - Aunt Agony include (but not limited to): chat program/s of any sort (MSN/Yahoo Messenger/etc), contact numbers (Mobile/Office/Home/etc), emails/friendster/etc, personal address or any meet up in reality. The decision to diverge private information or to accept private meet-ups are solely based on one's discretion. Aunt Agony CANNOT be held responsible for anything outside it's own boundaries as stated above.

X) To err is human - nobody is perfect.
      Aunt Agony is a thankless job and do give credits to people who have spent a portion of their time lending someone else a listening ear. Nobody's advice is superior than another - what's more important is the willingness to lend stranger/s on the other side of Singapore, a viritual hand to lift him/her spiritually.

XI) Do not give out other people contacts.
      Like phone number, email address. This is to prevent the person from being spam, disturb.

XII) Telling of Age Group.
      I guess alot of people will ask about the age group when you post a problem. Telling your age group will help as other will know what advice to give. Different Age group have different advice.
      So do remember to post your age or age group espacially relationship problems.

Cheers

Pika: I got help to add and edit hor! Don't say i slack nia...

Edited by popikachu 16 Jul `07, 9:42PM
    23,162 posts since Jul '04
    16,111 posts since Dec '06
    • Originally posted by Ito_^:
      will u attempt to solve ppl's problems based on horoscope again?

Question Question Question

• Originally posted by Ito_^:
      will u attempt to solve ppl's problems based on horoscope again?

Arrow I don't 'solve people's problem based on horoscope', in fact I have never attempted to 'solve' anything using astrology alone.

Another thing is that, I have never solved anybody's problem - people solve their own problems.

I merely post.

Horoscope - which is a wrong term to address 'Sun Sign' - reading is highly inaccurate. Without birth details and the creation of our radical chart, there is absolutely no access to information about one's life.

I only analysis through birth chart to identify possible critical aspects of love for my own clarification and research purpose... and only when the occasion calls for it.

As a general rule of thumb, I follow the AFA (American Federation of Astrologer) code of ethics.

I recognize that a precise astrological opinion cannot honestly be rendered unless it is based on a horoscope cast for the year, month, day, time of day, and correct geographical location of the place of birth.

I agree not to render such an opinion without this detailed information, unless the horoscope of the individual has been rectified by accepted astrological methods, or unless I positively state to the interested party that such conclusions are reached by alternative methods.

I agree not to interpolate or introduce into any astrological deduction any interpretations that are irrelevant to the science of astrology without first stating that such deductions are neither based upon the chart nor identified with the science.

I agree to respect and hold inviolable all confidences placed in me by consultation except where they may involve an act of felony or treason.

I agree not to use my identification with the AFA in any unethical manner and will work to expose those who do.

In fact, most of my meddling with astrology is for my own personal research on Love and Relationship. Idea

Cheers

33,748 posts since Apr '04
    • But here mostly people all agonising about their relationship problems.. when they should focus on other things.

But anyways..

So , so far have u found any links that star signs will work precisely ?

1,171 posts since Jun '07
    • Originally posted by BadzMaro:
      But here mostly people all agonising about their relationship problems.. when they should focus on other things.

But anyways..

So , so far have u found any links that star signs will work precisely ?

Arrow Our love life is governed by three critical components. (i) Karmic/Benefic bonds, (ii) Innate qualities of Self - which governs Physical, Psychological and Emotional (iii), First Law of CloUdiSm - Freewill.

Real astrology reveals the first two components.

I believe that there is no other discipline closest to this that could provide a somewhat decent blueprint of a person's love life, even without the need to know him/her personally. The degree of accuracy comes from experience and of course, precise birth details.

To be honest, I am still very green in this discipline and I still have many questions and doubts unresolved. But whatever enlightenment I gain out of this, I have actually pen down in my own book.

The difference in my usage is that I don't do fortune telling - I do relationship analysis through trial and error basis... to search for my own answers and deeper learnings. Idea

Cheers

• Originally posted by Yunhaier:
      Arrow Our love life is governed by three critical components. (i) Karmic/Benefic bonds, (ii) Innate qualities of Self - which governs Physical, Psychological and Emotional (iii), First Law of CloUdiSm - Freewill.

Real astrology reveals the first two components.

I believe that there is no other discipline closest to this that could provide a somewhat decent blueprint of a person's love life, even without the need to know him/her personally. The degree of accuracy comes from experience and of course, precise birth details.

To be honest, I am still very green in this discipline and I still have many questions and doubts unresolved. But whatever enlightenment I gain out of this, I have actually pen down in my own book.

The difference in my usage is that I don't do fortune telling - I do relationship analysis through trial and error basis... to search for my own answers and deeper learnings. Idea

Cheers

So basically you think or say its proven that our love life in terms of karmic/benefic bonds and innate qualities of self is governed by Astrology.

A blueprint of a person's love life and even knowing him/her personally. Then in order to get a more accurate reading u need the person's precise birth details as in down to hour n minutes n time of birth right? I believe in general profiling. Like i have profiles of every individuals that works for me , with me and above me. Only people i dont profile is people that do not have any business relation.N its constantly updated cause somethings can be wrong.Like statistics.

I dont know about the laws of cloudism , but i know Freewill. So i am just curious , will you always try to solve love or relationship problems based on astrology and in doing so , dont u need a lot more information and finally the most important thing is to know the end result of how it went ?

Anyways i hope it will not affect your judgement in constant use of astrology. Hope you find your answers. Cause i know some people that uses astrology to the extreme. Although sometimes they are close , but they can be dead wrong also.

I believe in the natural law of order. A scientific or physics explaination is like every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

When one day you are really successful , let me know. I am very curious to know the end result.

Arrow cheers.

So basically you think or say its proven that our love life in terms of karmic/benefic bonds and innate qualities of self is governed by Astrology.

A blueprint of a person's love life and even knowing him/her personally. Then in order to get a more accurate reading u need the person's precise birth details as in down to hour n minutes n time of birth right? I believe in general profiling. Like i have profiles of every individuals that works for me , with me and above me. Only people i dont profile is people that do not have any business relation.N its constantly updated cause somethings can be wrong.Like statistics.

I dont know about the laws of cloudism , but i know Freewill. So i am just curious , will you always try to solve love or relationship problems based on astrology and in doing so , dont u need a lot more information and finally the most important thing is to know the end result of how it went ?

Anyways i hope it will not affect your judgement in constant use of astrology. Hope you find your answers. Cause i know some people that uses astrology to the extreme. Although sometimes they are close , but they can be dead wrong also.

I believe in the natural law of order. A scientific or physics explaination is like every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

When one day you are really successful , let me know. I am very curious to know the end result.

Arrow cheers.

Arrow Love is not govern by astrology in any ways - everything in life is govern by freewill, which sparks the Law of Cause of Effect. Also western astrology merely reveals tendency - not prediction, (although tendency not resolved will end up becoming 'prediction') and it doesn't bind humans in any ways.

Western astrology believes that we are all master/mistress of our own fate, which is very much different from Chinese Astrology, where they believe that everything are very much destined.

Our blueprint in life, in which I refer to our natal chart, is basically a mirror of ourselves. It doesn't ensorcell anyone's life and has absolutely nothing to do with religion or even spirituality. A mirror is basically a reflection - it doesn't hold our soul in them.

Western astrology is not a religion nor occult - in fact, it's more of a combination of art and science in one. To me, like pretty much like psychology, except you are looking from another perspective with astrology. I will provide one one example; psychology will try to determine the rationale of a person's personality profile through understanding his/her early childhood (astrology will tell you to look through 3rd house, it's significator, as well as the aspect), domestic enviroment (astrology will tell you to look through 4rd house, it's significator, as well as the aspect), parental influence (Astrology will tell you to look at Saturn, Moon, MC & IC, it's placing and aspects), etc.

Success? End result? I don't even think there is possibility for a end result out from studying astrology - even with my entire lifetime, this learning never cease because there's always something new to learn. Idea

Cheers

• Originally posted by Yunhaier:

Arrow Love is [b]not
      govern by astrology in any ways - everything in life is govern by freewill, which sparks the Law of Cause of Effect. Also western astrology merely reveals tendency - not prediction, (although tendency not resolved will end up becoming 'prediction') and it doesn't bind humans in any ways.

Western astrology believes that we are all master/mistress of our own fate, which is very much different from Chinese Astrology, where they believe that everything are very much destined.

Our blueprint in life, in which I refer to our natal chart, is basically a mirror of ourselves. It doesn't ensorcell anyone's life and has absolutely nothing to do with religion or even spirituality. A mirror is basically a reflection - it doesn't hold our soul in them.

Western astrology is not a religion nor occult - in fact, it's more of a combination of art and science in one. To me, like pretty much like psychology, except you are looking from another perspective with astrology. I will provide one one example; psychology will try to determine the rationale of a person's personality profile through understanding his/her early childhood (astrology will tell you to look through 3rd house, it's significator, as well as the aspect), domestic enviroment (astrology will tell you to look through 4rd house, it's significator, as well as the aspect), parental influence (Astrology will tell you to look at Saturn, Moon, MC & IC, it's placing and aspects), etc.

Success? End result? I don't even think there is possibility for a end result out from studying astrology - even with my entire lifetime, this learning never cease because there's always something new to learn. Idea

Cheers [/b]

So do u think u control fate by the balls , or you let it grab u by the balls ? Then you got your east and your west. Both opposite in their ways but have some similiarities. So which are you ? or are you trying to get the best of both ? the most optimum solution ? I think u are more towards western.

Since there is no end result out of studying it , why even bother ? or is it the will and passion to go there and try , and look for newer things within it to learn more ?

But dont u think that looking through these 3rd house or 4th house is pretty much like narrowing down the problem or situation down to a more manageable size with a pre-planned outlook. So if thats the case , using astrology will give me a MORE accurate outlook at the particular individual in the business world ? lets say if its not above love , because i think its pretty much the same because how your relationship is , how u love can also show what kind of character you are , at least generally.

So do u think u control fate by the balls , or you let it grab u by the balls ? Then you got your east and your west. Both opposite in their ways but have some similiarities. So which are you ? or are you trying to get the best of both ? the most optimum solution ? I think u are more towards western.

Since there is no end result out of studying it , why even bother ? or is it the will and passion to go there and try , and look for newer things within it to learn more ?

But dont u think that looking through these 3rd house or 4th house is pretty much like narrowing down the problem or situation down to a more manageable size with a pre-planned outlook. So if thats the case , using astrology will give me a MORE accurate outlook at the particular individual in the business world ? lets say if its not above love , because i think its pretty much the same because how your relationship is , how u love can also show what kind of character you are , at least generally.

Arrow Actually I have never thought of controlling fate or having an easier job discerning a certain problem in that sense leh - perhaps that's where you are thinking I am heading.

Seriously, it's very much for my own personal notes, not so much about using it to 'resolve' any problem in the first place.

Is not like I equate people's problem directly into astrology, claiming that you are having this problem because of certain astrological influence (although astrological reasoning is given to me in that sense) - in fact, it's more like me understanding if it is due to the reasoning that was given to me, circle that doubt like how you would do in notes, marked it and use it for future reference.

In the future, if someone with similar situation comes up when I try to break their astrological DNA again, I'll see if I can find some similar astrological influence/phenomenon that speaks of the same rationale, then I will try to refer back to own my notes to rewrite my discovery, change or add new pointers.

I do get stuck or simply, having to rewrite an entire notes just because I realised something now and not before.

I have to say that my knowledge in this art is limited because I don't and is unable to devote much of my time to this. Which is why, I will always refer whoever that PM me, asking me if I could do a reading for them, to both Zacken or Oceanos, simply because I am not a fortune teller. These two forumers are INTO this trade by profession; I am merely in for self discovery and higher learning.

If you are asking me if that gives me a more accurate picture or assessment of an individual; to me, if everything corroborate astrologically, it merely resolve my own doubts from questioning status quo of this ancient science. Take note that I am challenging status quo of this science because I choose not to feed from what I learn off books written by people ranging several hundred years ago till modern days.

When astrology tells me about the difficulty of marriage when Saturn is in 7th house - my mind would want to see the 'real thing' - someone with this influence, see if I get to speak with him/her and try to understand from normal dialogue on why has he land himself in such a situation OR if he has this influence, why was it not manifested or how has his freewill made his life easier to manage?

And why am I learning since there's no end to this?

Since when is there an end to learning? Smile

Apologies if we don't share this sentiment because I have always thought that learning is forever. I always feel that I am inadequate because there's ONLY so much I can discover or learn in this short span of time here on Earth.

Anyway, I shall end my words here as I doubt this topic here is appropriate for such discussion. After all, the reason why I remove the previous guidelines is to clear all the chatting.

Thanks for sharing Maro. Smile

Cheers

Please Login or Signup to reply.