24 Jul, 02:03AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Aunt Agony

SDU - Single, Desperate and Ugly

Subscribe to SDU - Single, Desperate and Ugly 94 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    38 posts since Mar '08
    • Recently,my single friends and I participated in a few SDU events. Utterly disappointed with these events as the most guys over there are disappointing.

The guys seemed desperate from the questions they asked. On the other hand, some guys are totally quiet.

Worse still, when they asked me out for coffee, they quickly shoot those marriage related question. Oh some guys are not willing to pay the coffee.

According to my other female friends , they are similarly disappointed with the desperate guys over there. It just put people off. They also do not want to attend such events anymore. So is SDU meant for the Single, Desperate and Ugly?
      Thats why the guys also think I am as desperate as them.

I thought of widening my social circle but cannot imagine that it turn out to be below my expection.

Edited by Joi_lin 02 Apr `10, 2:56PM
    40,745 posts since Apr '06
    3,219 posts since Nov '09
    • Originally posted by gunner77:

icon_lol.gif

whats wrong with being single?

It is very wrong for one person to be single becoz that = no family.

40,745 posts since Apr '06
    • Originally posted by Samuel Lee:

It is very wrong for one person to be single becoz that = no family.

Then what are friends for?

19,066 posts since Oct '09
    •  

TS,

Based on what you said, these guys dun seem to realise girls are more sensitive and they are unable to visualise what their replies and behaviour to the questions will portray them as..............

I suggest maybe you girls can try make those quiet guys talk...

they are generally shy..........

•  

Based on what TS say,

To sum it up, the guys think they have entered a shopping centre where everything is up for grabs

3,739 posts since Apr '09
    • Originally posted by Joi_lin:

Recently,my single friends and I participated in a few SDU events. Utterly disappointed with these events as the most guys over there are disappointing.

The guys seemed desperate from the questions they asked. On the other hand, some guys are totally quiet.

Worse still, when they asked me out for coffee, they quickly shoot those marriage related question. Oh some guys are not willing to pay the coffee.

According to my other female friends , they are similarly disappointed with the desperate guys over there. It just put people off. They also do not want to attend such events anymore. So is SDU meant for the Single, Desperate and Ugly?

I thought of widening my social circle but cannot imagine that it turn out to be below my expection.

Well, it they are not single, desperate and ugly, they will not be there.

Ugly seems to be a bit overboard though, a better term will be "average-looking and below".

• Originally posted by Forbiddensinner:

Well, it they are not single, desperate and ugly, they will not be there.

Ugly seems to be a bit overboard though, a better term will be "average-looking and below".

those are the black sheeps................

there are white sheeps in SDU too

White sheeps are in the majority

3,219 posts since Nov '09
    • Originally posted by gunner77:

Then what are friends for?

There are things that friends do not do and being married does not do what friend does. They are for different purpose and "has little relevancy to me".

20,216 posts since Feb '10
    • Originally posted by Mr Milo:

those are the black sheeps................

there are white sheeps in SDU too

White sheeps are in the majority

Sheeps Desperate and Ugly.

icon_mrgreen.gif

• 回眸一笑百媚生
    14,604 posts since Jun '06
    • aiya

no nid complain la

maybe the guys u met are also seeing u in the same light.

gotta be a reason why some of em are quiet.

ahahaha

13,146 posts since Aug '09
    • Originally posted by ChoCoChips:

aiya

no nid complain la

maybe the guys u met are also seeing u in the same light.

gotta be a reason why some of em are quiet.

ahahaha

The gers who went to SDU also not as chio as you, chio bu

•  

Basically,

it is a one sided story

where are the guys who attended those events?

Stand up for urself...

Stand up for SG,

Do the best you can........

37,644 posts since Mar '05
    • and the guys are probably complaining somewhere else that the girls at sdu are ugly, ask indiscreet questions about their background/ fortunes, desperate, lousy and whiny?

8,961 posts since Sep '04
    6,124 posts since Mar '10
    314 posts since Aug '09
    • I once attended speed dating at SDU in 2001, paid $40 for it. hey got free buffet to eat woh. the session is for 1-2 hours I think, cant remember. got 5-7 lady participants, but all look pretty average or below average, except for 1, who is quite decent looking. when I went to SDU for registration, I noticed the SDU staff are prettier than the female SDU participants lol, what irony.

u get to sit with every lady for 5 mins, before moving on to the next ger for 5 mins. I remmebered I sat with a lady, no feel nor wish to talk to her, in the end, I didnt talk to her, so awkward lol. she has nothing to say to me, and me too hahaha. that was the first and last SDU event for me.

1,829 posts since Sep '07
    • Originally posted by Louis dave36:

I once attended speed dating at SDU in 2001, paid $40 for it. hey got free buffet to eat woh. the session is for 1-2 hours I think, cant remember. got 5-7 lady participants, but all look pretty average or below average, except for 1, who is quite decent looking. when I went to SDU for registration, I noticed the SDU staff are prettier than the female SDU participants lol, what irony.

u get to sit with every lady for 5 mins, before moving on to the next ger for 5 mins. I remmebered I sat with a lady, no feel nor wish to talk to her, in the end, I didnt talk to her, so awkward lol. she has nothing to say to me, and me too hahaha. that was the first and last SDU event for me.

why not ASK THE SDU STAFF OUT FOR A DATE? =D

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    244,769 posts since Dec '99
    • join forums and go outings can liao
      i think the hits are higher than u go SDU and other matchmaking agencies

478 posts since Aug '09
    1,806 posts since Jan '09
    • Originally posted by Joi_lin:

Recently,my single friends and I participated in a few SDU events. Utterly disappointed with these events as the most guys over there are disappointing.

it is just different type of people being put on the same platform. 

11,142 posts since Jul '05
    • seems that many still dun get it huh? If wan looks, dun even go to SDU in the first place lol. The lookers don't need this channel. If really wan a soulmate, of cos why not??

• 我很cute的,我不会咬你的
    106,315 posts since Dec '03
    • Originally posted by FireIce:

join forums and go outings can liao
      i think the hits are higher than u go SDU and other matchmaking agencies

who say
      u see laupig siam your h-tea for how many years liao???

13,146 posts since Aug '09
    • Originally posted by TehJarVu:

who say
      u see laupig siam your h-tea for how many years liao???

you met her before? how she look like outside one?

Please Login or Signup to reply.