01 Aug, 09:42AM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Observations (2012)

Subscribe to Bus Observations (2012) 1,253 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • SMB66X's Avatar
    8,802 posts since Dec '08
    • Originally posted by TIB868X:

      their management can't be arsed. even when their depot is completely packed to its brim. its more like a bus farm rather than a bus depot.

      AMDEP n KJDEP should switch their location... icon_lol.gif A depot near the CBD(AMDEP) turns out to produce a farm-like quality, whereas a depot near the farm(KJDEP) turns out to produce "CBD" quality

  • dan474's Avatar
    1,711 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by SBS6301T:

      *SMB191S PIS malfunctioned already for quite some time... (Assumed as it was turned off)

      * SMB136C also in a very sorry state now... Both its front top white lights are spoil, the back right light also malfunctioned, engine louder than normal citaros and interior really very dusty... (not saying its back right side has been dented)

      *Those 860 BSEP buses rims also no longer shiny... those KJDEP and WLDEP MAN are much better maintained...

      AMDEP what... they can't be bothered to fix anything. That's why the TIB Lances are in a very sorry and disgusting state.

  • SBS8501U's Avatar
    1,655 posts since Jul '12
    • Originally posted by dan474:

      AMDEP what... they can't be bothered to fix anything. That's why the TIB Lances are in a very sorry and disgusting state.

      At the first place I don't think the laid up Lances will ever return to service.

  • Gus.chong's Avatar
    8,243 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by SBS8501U:

      At the first place I don't think the laid up Lances will ever return to service.

      It will be de-registered before its lay up expiry date or even possible the lay up may be extended. But it is strange that TIB908P and TIB928G were de-registered after 3 months of lay-up.

  • SBS8501U's Avatar
    1,655 posts since Jul '12
    • Originally posted by Gus.chong:

      It will be de-registered before its lay up expiry date or even possible the lay up may be extended. But it is strange that TIB908P and TIB928G were de-registered after 3 months of lay-up.

      Yeah.

      But I do think the last time I see TIB908P on 167 it is still in a OK state.

  • SBS2656X's Avatar
    3,519 posts since Feb '12
    • SBS6125K still bears the 151 perm stix but had been cameoing on 325 for 1 whole week...

      HGDEP doesn't seem to update the perm citaro statuses for 325...
      All citaros except SBS6308A was seen with no perm stix inside at all...

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    9,051 posts since Nov '03
    • You know many top maintenance from AMDEP transfer over to WLDEP/KJDEP?IMHO WLDEP is the worse follow by AMDEP.

  • SBS2656X's Avatar
    3,519 posts since Feb '12
    • For SBST, BNDEP is sort of the "lazy" kind or the "always running out of stock" one.

      Then HGDEP is the "dont know do what today" kind, anytime they can suka suka repaint one of their Dennis Tridents, or just continue painting the striders and DMs...

      They even helped AMDEP to paint their SBS1988U icon_lol.gif

      AMDEP is the "Must shiny shiny" one, all rims confirm BLING BLING but the bodywork like old old already, some of their KUBs got scratched at the rear, maybe when reversing or what, and never wanted to fix up the bodywork. Some parts of the livery fell off and must wait long long then resticker.

      BBDEP ah... The one who ''takes care of the high mileage one''. Though I havent board most of BBDEP buses.

      ARBP... The ''borrow everything from neighbour'' one, since ARBP doesn't keep their own spare buses icon_lol.gif

      BRBP, the one who keeps "giving and getting". BRBP gave away a few units to AMDEP and then AMDEP gave them back to BRBP... lols

      SLBP... The ''doesn't clean up interior'' one. The DM3500s which was transferred to HGDEP, SBS2788Z, was in a terrible condition. It had spider webs [ Eww! ] and dust everywhere. As if the bus wasn't washed for a long time.

      The above are just minor spectulation for ARBP, BBDEP and SLBP, so don't need to argue that much as these are still under observation... These are just my spectulations.

  • SBS6305H's Avatar
    2,449 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by SBS2656X:

      For SBST, BNDEP is sort of the "lazy" kind or the "always running out of stock" one.

      Then HGDEP is the "dont know do what today" kind, anytime they can suka suka repaint one of their Dennis Tridents, or just continue painting the striders and DMs...

      They even helped AMDEP to paint their SBS1988U icon_lol.gif

      AMDEP is the "Must shiny shiny" one, all rims confirm BLING BLING but the bodywork like old old already, some of their KUBs got scratched at the rear, maybe when reversing or what, and never wanted to fix up the bodywork. Some parts of the livery fell off and must wait long long then resticker.

      BBDEP ah... The one who ''takes care of the high mileage one''. Though I havent board most of BBDEP buses.

      ARBP... The ''borrow everything from neighbour'' one, since ARBP doesn't keep their own spare buses icon_lol.gif

      BRBP, the one who keeps "giving and getting". BRBP gave away a few units to AMDEP and then AMDEP gave them back to BRBP... lols

      SLBP... The ''doesn't clean up interior'' one. The DM3500s which was transferred to HGDEP, SBS2788Z, was in a terrible condition. It had spider webs [ Eww! ] and dust everywhere. As if the bus wasn't washed for a long time.

      The above are just minor spectulation for ARBP, BBDEP and SLBP, so don't need to argue that much as these are still under observation... These are just my spectulations.

      Erm, I live in the east area and i honestly can say that BNDEP can mantain the engine and the interior of the bus well. Defintely not the exterior. How do you judge how the depots take care of the buses? 

  • SBS6301T's Avatar
    1,464 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      You know many top maintenance from AMDEP transfer over to WLDEP/KJDEP?IMHO WLDEP is the worse follow by AMDEP.

      what is IMHO? 

      Edited by SBS6301T 11 Dec `12, 2:57PM
  • SBS6305H's Avatar
    2,449 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by SBS6301T:

      what is IMHO? WLDEP doesnt seem that bad...

      in my humble opinion

  • SBS6301T's Avatar
    1,464 posts since Oct '12
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    9,051 posts since Nov '03
    • How many of you agree that the Kjdep replacement will be at Toh Tuck Ave beside the NEA recycle ctr?Good for Bt Batok/CCK and Cbd areas too.

  • SMB195G's Avatar
    467 posts since Feb '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      How many of you agree that the Kjdep replacement will be at Toh Tuck Ave beside the NEA recycle ctr?Good for Bt Batok/CCK and Cbd areas too.

      I agree icon_biggrin.gif *raise hand*

  • azharjj's Avatar
    5,377 posts since Aug '07
    • SMB244Z of WL 187 the EDS number at the front is at the left hand side, if u face the bus windscreen, instead of right hand side that i usually see for other MAN buses

      is this common?

  • TIB770T's Avatar
    3,531 posts since Sep '09
    • Originally posted by azharjj:

      SMB244Z of WL 187 the EDS number at the front is at the left hand side, if u face the bus windscreen, instead of right hand side that i usually see for other MAN buses

      is this common?

      MANs are getting this reformat. But the thing is, this renders the side EDS useless, because with the new format, it only displays random data info.

  • TIB868X's Avatar
    1,160 posts since Aug '11
    • Originally posted by azharjj:

      SMB244Z of WL 187 the EDS number at the front is at the left hand side, if u face the bus windscreen, instead of right hand side that i usually see for other MAN buses

      is this common?

      SMRT is reformatting the EDS on their MANs. Now follow O405 style but the side eds doesn't show anything or shows weird stuff since its not programmed yet, must wait for SMRT to program it first. SMB196D has this format and the side eds shows MOBI MAN XXXX (date) while SMB260B also has this format but side eds showws OFF SERVICE and covered in paper.

  • TIB1218R's Avatar
    5,517 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by SMB66X:

      AMDEP n KJDEP should switch their location... icon_lol.gif A depot near the CBD(AMDEP) turns out to produce a farm-like quality, whereas a depot near the farm(KJDEP) turns out to produce "CBD" quality


      Ya SMB1H rear also "CBD Quality".....

  • SBS 6078 M's Avatar
    4,285 posts since Jan '12
    • SMB260B EDS signage is at left side.

      SMB131R rear readers cover dropping off.

      WLDEP got 1 unregistered 36x series 'chao tah' MAN.

  • SBS6301T's Avatar
    1,464 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by SBS 6078 M:

      SMB260B EDS signage is at left side.

      SMB131R rear readers cover dropping off.

      WLDEP got 1 unregistered 36x series 'chao tah' MAN.

      chao tah at which part of the bus?

  • SBS 6078 M's Avatar
    4,285 posts since Jan '12
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    9,051 posts since Nov '03
    • Now i know why SMRTB keep complaining they lose money on fuel

      Depot allocation and their bus service

      61 particularly between Ubi sector nowadays not much catchment and the off service from Eunos to Kranji for certain blocks..Sigh..966 last 4 buses off service from Parkway to Woodlands.75/960 from Marina to Woodlands..963 from Harbourfront to Woodlands..

       

      That's one reason why there is a need for dual control

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    6,638 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Now i know why SMRTB keep complaining they lose money on fuel

      Depot allocation and their bus service

      61 particularly between Ubi sector nowadays not much catchment and the off service from Eunos to Kranji for certain blocks..Sigh..966 last 4 buses off service from Parkway to Woodlands.75/960 from Marina to Woodlands..963 from Harbourfront to Woodlands..

       

      That's one reason why there is a need for dual control

      All of their service stated can dual with AM but AMDEP got problem with spaces

  • TIB987K's Avatar
    855 posts since Oct '12
    • 3 961 buses - TIB494R, SMB352U and SMB354P stacked near KRJ MRT stn due to stupid Malaysian drivers. This is indirectly has to with Wdls Checkpoint because it only within the junction of Woodlands Rd, Kranji Rd, Turf Club Ave.

      Edited by TIB987K 13 Dec `12, 10:45PM
  • sbst275's Avatar
    113,434 posts since Jun '04
Please Login or Signup to reply.