18 Dec, 10:12PM in sunny Singapore!

Double Deckers for SMRT

Subscribe to Double Deckers for SMRT 1,817 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    577 posts since May '10
    • Originally posted by sbst275:

ya.. bendy buses love to sink Singapore’s road…

every place that has bendy buses, the bus stop driveway sure would see road sinking… and surprisingly, the sinking hits most at the position where the bendy’s engine compartment is…

Dun believe, go take a look at the Upp Bt Timah Rd/ Blk 185A bus stop…

then why there isn't such problems with DD?

and DD are heavier BTW ...

• Originally posted by SMB195G:

No la, yellow box is a yellow-coloured box for you to put inside your things.

ah i thought is sbst275 painted the box yellow?

113,434 posts since Jun '04
    577 posts since May '10

it’s to do w/ force related physics/ mechanics…

if it is gravitational force

W = mg

g = 9.81m/s^2

and

m(bendy) < m(DD)

and

P = F/A

A(bendy) > A(DD)

8,415 posts since Apr '05
    577 posts since May '10
    • Originally posted by SBS2601D:

Bendy is heavier than DD....please look that up.

oh 

huh?

hmm had all along

see it in this way

bendies lighter ...

8,802 posts since Dec '08
    • Originally posted by TIB783G:

I don't see this happening on normal timings and weekends. Have you been there on weekends before icon_lol.gif

It's happening on peak hours..like without failed~~ 

how many bus svs at Boon Lay?

What’s the freq of the buses like 179?

That’s double decks… so you want to kachiow on bendy bus, so if it’s now bendy bus lagi worst?

SMB66X… everytime you post things is something that’s so fatal that would get yourself shot…

Shot? How would I be shot when I'm stating the fact? icon_rolleyes.gif Don't tell me Bus Community is a community where you would be shot when someone says something? Wow~~ No wonder lah~~ 

31 svs at Boon Lay, 20 using sawtooth. The structure of interchange should change please~ At least another entrance/exit for the sawtooth area...And the jams are mostly caused by 25X and 243 buses~ 

and as though Boon Lay Int’s queue is entirely not movable…

eh.. 180 uses O405 ar??? I didn’t know that… 187 only use 12m buses? I didn’t know that..

woah… Kids trying to use highway code when they dunno what’s the yellow box for??? act smart…

Uncle arh...180/187/178/172's frequency isn't that short okay~ Even if there's 1-2 SMRT buses there, the jam still be there. Even if there isn't, it would still be there...

And 187, most of the time uses 12m buses, sometimes using bendy~~ 

• Originally posted by SMB66X:

Uncle arh...180/187/178/172's frequency isn't that short okay~ Even if there's 1-2 SMRT buses there, the jam still be there. Even if there isn't, it would still be there...

And 187, most of the time uses 12m buses, sometimes using bendy~~ 

There's still bendy buses in reality? 180's freq is pretty there... As for freq, you're correct to state the facts.. now if SBST uses bendy fleet, how long is the net queue? All the way to Jurong West St 63 since 179/ 179A's freq is supposedly 2 mins during the peak hrs... And how to park? That's why I ever say before... ppl say bendies can cope well.. But how big are SMRT's area? Do SMRT have to serve uni campus, serve Jurong, serve Tuas? Jurong West, Tampines has easily at least 68k HDB units... Woodlands the most is 48k.. CCK abt 36k... BPJ 30k... Sembawang 17k... Yishun 48k...

There's still bendy buses in reality? 180's freq is pretty there... As for freq, you're correct to state the facts.. now if SBST uses bendy fleet, how long is the net queue? All the way to Jurong West St 63 since 179/ 179A's freq is supposedly 2 mins during the peak hrs... And how to park? That's why I ever say before... ppl say bendies can cope well.. But how big are SMRT's area? Do SMRT have to serve uni campus, serve Jurong, serve Tuas? Jurong West, Tampines has easily at least 68k HDB units... Woodlands the most is 48k.. CCK abt 36k... BPJ 30k... Sembawang 17k... Yishun 48k...

I never compare the quality of DD n Bendy in these case, I'm just stating that BNL int should be looked into by LTA to at least ease the queue outside the interchange. Perhaps they can create another exit, or at least a longer traffic timing for buses to turn in~~~

Yes there's bendy bus, there's double deckers. But no matter what buses there is, all I am saying is the Interchange situation. If LTA wants to remove bendy to reduce the space taken up, they should first settle the issue at BNL.

Edited by SMB66X 10 Dec `12, 10:44PM
    • go take a site walk around JP2, observe the car park layout… observe the traffic scheme etc…

then tell me can build another access pt or not…

go take a site walk around JP2, observe the car park layout… observe the traffic scheme etc…

then tell me can build another access pt or not…

Okay, if they can't, then increase the traffic lights timing then? At least it would solve the issue(not totally but at least there's improvement)

• in reality… In fact they may have to alter certain traffic junction’s layout

too many pedestrain crossing pts…

643 posts since Nov '12
    • Boon Lay Interchange the entrance/exit quite narrow. But interchange inside all got space.

Boon Lay most of the bus low frequency. MOST

Edited by OMSI123 10 Dec `12, 10:51PM

in reality… In fact they may have to alter certain traffic junction’s layout

too many pedestrain crossing pts…

Actually, the fact is the on coming vehicles from the other side(not really much of it). If the traffic on the other side is red, where the buses one is green, I think the buses can turn in much quicker than waiting for a clear traffic to enter. Plus, it would be better, if possible, for the entrance is much wider.

• Boon Lay is extreme.. off peak most JIS freq 15 – 20 mins.. but peak hr is 5 – 8 mins except for 246 & 251…

Feeders can be 4 – 6 mins, 179 2 – 8 mins…

• if ppl really think out of the box… actually the pedestrain crossing can even be dealt with… lol…

1,711 posts since Jun '10
    • bpj hub is at a good location. not much traffic at the entrance and exits now and i doubt its gonna be heavy in future. 

10,167 posts since Nov '03
    • I hope future integrated bus hub like Yishun,Bt Panjang,Choa Chu Kang and Bt Batok will not be cramped..

3,697 posts since Feb '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

I hope future integrated bus hub like Yishun,Bt Panjang,Choa Chu Kang and Bt Batok will not be cramped..

Same for Hougang. Good if the interchange is still located along Hougang Central...

2,449 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by SBS2656X:

Same for Hougang. Good if the interchange is still located along Hougang Central...

Very likely would still be located in Hougang Central. Probably will be linked to Hougang Mall and NEL.

8,702 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by d143b2:

oh 

huh?

hmm had all along

see it in this way

bendies lighter ...

Only people who don't understand the pull of gravity will say bendy is heavier.

1,711 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

I hope future integrated bus hub like Yishun,Bt Panjang,Choa Chu Kang and Bt Batok will not be cramped..

BPJ won't be cramped... it's location is very good. The empty land beside the current interchange will also be used for the hub.

2,610 posts since Jul '12
    • Originally posted by Gus.chong:

Only people who don't understand the pull of gravity will say bendy is heavier.

Precisely, like you said before...

For DDs, the top deck's weight is exerting pressure on the lower deck, and thus work is done against gravity.

While for bendies, it's just an additional trailer section, no work done against gravity.

Please Login or Signup to reply.