25 Feb, 10:10PM in sunny Singapore!

RSAF FAQs

Subscribe to RSAF FAQs 332 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    18 posts since Jan '09
    • Originally posted by striderz_o405:

heli not good meh. think positively that "how many people in this world get to ride on a heli in their lifetime?" icon_lol.gif

some ppl like aeroplane ma...

btw acs under mdes scheme?

3,524 posts since Oct '04
    1 post since Sep '05
    • Hi to all! (:

Just have a few queries about application to rsaf and saf academic scholarship.. hope you guys can help me out with this (:

basically i am interested signing on for a pilot. medically fit, i suppose - 165cm, eyesight about a hundred degrees in both eyes, napfa has more often than not been a gold. was from syfc, but only completed phase 1 due to commitment issues.. i took my mapas and compass testing in nov 2008, only to fail compass. they offered me the wso c3 vocation but i turned down the offer as i decided to retake the compass again 2.5 years later (may 2011?). i am a third year student in mi, which means i am taking my a level this year.

i am considering overseas universities such as ucla for my uni education.. and hence would like to apply for the saf academic scholarship.. i believe i am not eligible for the saf merit scholarship because i don't have the required 11 credits (3h2 4h1 only)..

1) when do i reapply for rsaf again? i don't want to seem like a pain in the ass to the recruitment guys, really.

2) do i apply for the scholarship on a seperate occassion? or does that come after signing the bond (assuming all goes well)?

3) how long does the scholarship take to be approved? for me, no scholarship = no overseas study, because my family isn't that rich to self-sponsor me for usa university studies.. i don't want to miss one year of school just because i haven't confirmed my financial status in case it doesnt go through.

4) i am a retainee. does that affect my chances in application/interview? likewise, does that affect my scholarship chances? my results only started picking up after i retained..

yup, guess that will be all the queries i have for now. thank you guys for your kind advice in advance ((:

1 post since Jul '05
    • Hi all, I've sent in my application to be an air force pilot last friday. Any idea when would they reply or is it best to call them up?

18 posts since Dec '09
    • BTW just to let you know is not easy, in the air force training command alot of them kenna chop 1 week before flying 6-7 come back already some next day about to fly kenna send back. got alot of reason

Edited by PJ22354 21 Jan `10, 11:42PM
    49 posts since Apr '09
    • Just for Everyone information who is deciding to sign-on for RSAF.

They are looking only for ppl Engineering (Dip, NITEC)

They stated their educational requirement in here:
      http://www.tp.edu.sg/reference_guide.pdf

if you are deciding on ADSS, AOSS, Senior Tech... like me who have no engineering field, I think we can forget it.

854 posts since Jan '08
    • Originally posted by PJ22354:

BTW just to let you know is not easy, in the air force training command alot of them kenna chop 1 week before flying 6-7 come back already some next day about to fly kenna send back. got alot of reason

some go medical also chop

Please Login or Signup to reply.