18 Apr, 08:17AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Club 30

Club 30's "Kill the Boredom Demon" Jive Pad 151st Edition

Subscribe to Club 30's "Kill the Boredom Demon" Jive Pad 151st Edition 1,996 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    8,253 posts since Apr '05
    • Actually, considering the tremendous stress, our transport minister is still doing ok.

But I reckon its also because of some incompetent people who have helped draw some of the heat away.teeth.png

30,059 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by SBS2601D:

Actually, considering the tremendous stress, our transport minister is still doing ok.

But I reckon its also because of some incompetent people who have helped draw some of the heat away.teeth.png

it's a good team play, if I had to admit...

They had some jokers and clown in so there will always be cannon fodder...

Hmmm, no wonder most of them are out from the army icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

43,014 posts since Oct '03
    • Originally posted by ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~:

It's embarassing to pay for someone who would rather eat a $10 XO carrot head than a $1.50 hawker centre carrot head just becoz he claims the $10 is 100% definately taste better than a dubious $1.50 which dun taste nice...

MG Kee chiu has just insulted every chai tao kway hawker in Singapore. As well as their customers.

• And we all know hawker food is best from hawker centers. Restaurant versions are overpriced , overrated and not as tasty.

Hey, the PAP is exactly like $10 cai tao kway if you look at it that way.

47,071 posts since May '08
    • Originally posted by av98m:

And we all know hawker food is best from hawker centers. Restaurant versions are overpriced , overrated and not as tasty.

hawker food from yesteryears before the advent of food centres...e.g. road side stalls etc are the best!

• Originally posted by cassie:

hawker food from yesteryears before the advent of food centres...e.g. road side stalls etc are the best!

Kopi was telling me about some tourist trap in Singapore selling $30 laksa. I think it must serve ministers as well.

25,382 posts since Jan '04
    • He sounds just like Grace Fu.

In the first part, what he said sounded reasonable:

"I don't think anyone of them comes here for the money. They come here to provide a better life for the next generation... One of the reasons why I stepped forward was because I know I'm joining a team of people that are not here for the money."

"Money should not be the one (factor) to attract them in. On the other hand, money should also not be the bugbear to deter them."

Okay, that's all fair and well, but then.....

"(For example,) you go to Peach Garden, you eat the S$10 XO Sauce chye tow kuay (fried carrot cake), you can be quite happy right? Because you are satisfied with the service and so on. On the other hand, you can go to a hawker centre, even if they charge you S$1.50, you might not want to eat it if the quality is not good."

I see this second part as a direct contradiction to the first part. So what the heck is he trying to say?

It would have been far better had he said something like: 'For example, if you go to a hawker center, you would willingly pay $4.50 for a good plate of char kway teow which you know the hawker has put a lot of effort into.

You would not want to pay $4.50 for a plate of char kway teow just because it is from a high-class restaurant if the chef doesn't care about his cooking.'

There. Same restaurant analogy, with no blatant contradiction.

• Originally posted by fudgester:

He sounds just like Grace Fu.

"I don't think anyone of them comes here for the money. They come here to provide a better life for the next generation... One of the reasons why I stepped forward was because I know I'm joining a team of people that are not here for the money."

"Money should not be the one (factor) to attract them in. On the other hand, money should also not be the bugbear to deter them."

"(For example,) you go to Peach Garden, you eat the S$10 XO Sauce chye tow kuay (fried carrot cake), you can be quite happy right? Because you are satisfied with the service and so on. On the other hand, you can go to a hawker centre, even if they charge you S$1.50, you might not want to eat it if the quality is not good."

I see this second part as a direct contradiction to the first part. So what the heck is he trying to say?

It would have been far better had he said something like: 'For example, if you go to a hawker center, you would willingly pay $4.50 for a good plate of char kway teow which you know the hawker has put a lot of effort into.

You would not want to pay $4.50 for a plate of char kway teow just because it is from a high-class restaurant if the chef doesn't care about his cooking.'

I think they should just stop talking lol.

• Originally posted by av98m:

And we all know hawker food is best from hawker centers. Restaurant versions are overpriced , overrated and not as tasty.

I dun mind paying for $10 XO cai tao kway once in awhile if it taste good...

But right now, I feel like I'm paying $10 for some lousy cai tao kway quality...

• Originally posted by fudgester:

He sounds just like Grace Fu.

Their analogies are sooooo entertaining, someone might just compile them and upload into 9gag or failblog teeth.png

7,456 posts since Aug '05
    • kitchener road got mutton soup? I only remember it for pu tien...

A collick recently told me there got 1 shop sells good hokkien mee, as in the KL hokkien mee, black black de...

8,253 posts since Apr '05
    • I reckon if any of them had been given the transport portfolio, it would have been more than a single SMRT train window being broken.teeth.png

34,549 posts since Aug '05
    47,071 posts since May '08
    • Originally posted by Fatum:

heatstroke ... >.<

even with the AC blasting? i presume you've switched it on

34,549 posts since Aug '05
    113,434 posts since Jun '04
    149,787 posts since Feb '01
    • kee chiu if you feel like going to some chai tow kway stall and telling them "eh.. your chai tow kuay not nice according to MG kee chiu.. he say only the $10 one nice"

24,120 posts since Nov '03
    25,382 posts since Jan '04
    • I would be a sucker to pay $10 for char kway teow.

The one at Banquet Vivocity costs just $4 and is sinfully awesome.

• Actually, the food in question is cai tao kway... as in carrot cake... not char kway tiao...

anyway, I just wanna say, high cost does not always mean high quality...

• Originally posted by sbst275:

Anyway... The best char kway teow I'd was at upnorth

There used to be quite a good amount of nice char kway teow in the east... But now left only the one at Bedok South de, standard also dropping le...

but ya, really cannot compare the char kway tiao with upnorth... I'm telling ya, U need pork lard to really bring out the flavour... It's usually those unhealthy food which taste the best teeth.png

149,787 posts since Feb '01
Please Login or Signup to reply.