21 Oct, 06:30AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Club 30

Club 30's "Kill the Boredom Demon" Jive Pad 151st Edition

Subscribe to Club 30's "Kill the Boredom Demon" Jive Pad 151st Edition 1,996 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    8,408 posts since Apr '05
    • Forget that and see this disturbing exchange that purportedly took place between the cruise ship captain and the coast guard.

confused.png

I feel for the people around him.

Captain: Do you realize that it is dark and we can't see anything?

Coast Guard: So, what do you want to do, to go home, Schettino?! It's dark and you want to go home?

Edited by SBS2601D 18 Jan `12, 3:30PM
    113,434 posts since Jun '04
    24,120 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by fudgester:

As much as I may oppose SOPA, I really don't understand Wikipedia's rationale for shutting down the site 'to raise awareness'.

I mean, will this act make me better-understand how bad SOPA is? All it does is to deprive me of one of my favourite pastimes: reading about all sorts of arcane subjects ranging from the Mongol Horde to Arctic islands to Taffy 3.

In the end, my rage is directed at Wikipedia instead of the US Congress.

It's a bit like how some idiots in NUS thought that they could raise environmental awareness by removing rubbish bins all over campus.

Oh no, on the contrary it's made quite a few people I know realise how much they've taken the freedom of information on the internet for granted. They looked for more info for something on google, clicked on the Wiki link without thinking (even though they're aware of the blackout), and hey, it's not there.

I'm not one for jumping onto bandwagons, but this is what will happen if a corporate body (media companies are the main backers) makes a claim of copyright infringement against Wikimedia, Youtube or Facebook and the government blocks it without trial. And they decided to make it international because other governments (like ours) are considering similar laws and the majority of the users they discussed it with agreed.

I cannot say that the campaign at NUS is as effective. The trash bins are not going to disappear just because we cut down our waste. Wiki left a note on its website to explain its position, but did the do-gooders at NUS do the same?

Edited by Kuali Baba 18 Jan `12, 9:10PM
    • Originally posted by SBS2601D:

Forget that and see this disturbing exchange that purportedly took place between the cruise ship captain and the coast guard.

confused.png

Coast Guard: So, what do you want to do, to go home, Schettino?! It's dark and you want to go home?

New explaination from the captain to explain his abandoning of the ship:

“The passengers were pouring onto the decks, taking the lifeboats by assault,” he said. “I didn’t even have a life jacket because I had given it to one of the passengers. I was trying to get people to get into the boats in an orderly fashion. Suddenly, since the ship was at a 60 to 70 degree angle, I tripped and I ended up in one of the boats. That’s how I found myself there.”

teeth.png

Edited by SBS2601D 19 Jan `12, 9:48AM
    149,791 posts since Feb '01

“The passengers were pouring onto the decks, taking the lifeboats by assault,” he said. “I didn’t even have a life jacket because I had given it to one of the passengers. I was trying to get people to get into the boats in an orderly fashion. Suddenly, since the ship was at a 60 to 70 degree angle, I tripped and I ended up in one of the boats. That’s how I found myself there.”

teeth.png

he's just making it worse by trying to justify his actions...

come to think about it, he's behaving the same way the MIW are trying to justify their wages...

• Its not an uncommon explaination...

In a local robbery-murder case years ago, the assailant explained that his foot "slipped" and ended up kicking the victim's head thus leaving a shoe-print which investigators picked up.

The judge did not believe him and sentenced him to death.

Actually high pay was LKY's pet idea and guess what....he has come out to defend it again.

Edited by SBS2601D 19 Jan `12, 9:53AM
    • sad thing is that Lau Lee wanted the MPs to have sufficiently high pay so that the temptation to be corrupt would not be there...

"sufficiently high pay"

but then, along the way the "principle" was twisted to what we see now...

the same way the politicians were tweaking the economy so that GDP was high, damn everything.. by pulling in foreigners, building crap the citizens won't use, increasing revenue come hell or high water, causing a speculation boom so it can be taxed... and then they paid themselves..

Lau Lee forgot or refused to see that greed knows no bounds... and by introducing these things, he just attracted the greedy and corruptable...

67,571 posts since Feb '08
    30,151 posts since Oct '02

teeth.png

Its not an uncommon explaination...

In a local robbery-murder case years ago, the assailant explained that his foot "slipped" and ended up kicking the victim's head thus leaving a shoe-print which investigators picked up.

The judge did not believe him and sentenced him to death.

Actually high pay was LKY's pet idea and guess what....he has come out to defend it again.

U still remember the fights at RP aka republic poly?

the guy claim that he step forward, slipped and deliver a somersaut kick to the other guy??? teeth.png

same with the other fight incident at the poly~~~ teeth.png

Seriously, they expect ppl to buy tat bullshyt??? icon_lol.gif

• look at wat indon is doing to deter train riders on top of train~~~ teeth.png

47,777 posts since May '08
    • Originally posted by ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~:

U still remember the fights at RP aka republic poly?

the guy claim that he step forward, slipped and deliver a somersaut kick to the other guy??? teeth.png

same with the other fight incident at the poly~~~ teeth.png

Seriously, they expect ppl to buy tat bullshyt??? icon_lol.gif

evidently...YES teeth.png

• the high pay came w/ things they didn’t bother to manage properly… As for old uncle, it’s more of like this means like this, nothing to par kei… but no idea how much it cost to get it.

I dun think it's just the MIW... The up there policy making...

Edited by sbst275 19 Jan `12, 11:14AM
    • In other news…

No wonder why Bt Timah jam.. Road sunken os KAP

34,549 posts since Aug '05
    • it's those bloody contractors probably .... they shift the road left and right from one day to the next and the work done on it is often half past 6, that stretch of road is like a patch work quilt these days .... I'm not surprised ....

• went to NTUC in the morning to buy ROC kum...

wa laoz eh.. indoor outlet no better, the place is so hot when they just open the outlet for the day.

47,777 posts since May '08
    • back from lunch. mashed potatoes (only managed 1/2 portion) and some nori seaweed fried tempura style

• oh yah ..... one of my parents' friend .... just got diagnosed with diabetes ......

and here's the funny part ...... she's vegetarian ......... 

Forget that and see this disturbing exchange that purportedly took place between the cruise ship captain and the coast guard.

confused.png

what's this wop so worried about ? ..... the waters' so shallow the ship can't even submerge fully after sinking .......

• well it could be due to the following reasons:

1) Family history
      2) Overweight
      3) > 40 yrs of age
      4) Pregnancy
      5) Exposure to a trigger mechanism

59,279 posts since Jun '04
    • I feel happier already

Just yesterday I was so disappointed because I was too slow and missed out on buying a rare fish which I had been waiting for 3 years.

Than today I got a whatsapp from my friend asking for ID confirmation icon_lol.gif coz he think mis-id. The fish ID is correct though. I told him if he ever wanna sell let me know 

Edited by elindra 19 Jan `12, 3:34PM
    • Originally posted by QX179R:

well it could be due to the following reasons:

1) Family history
      2) Overweight
      3) > 40 yrs of age
      4) Pregnancy
      5) Exposure to a trigger mechanism

or could just be eating vegetarian crap all these years like gluten and super-processed carbohydrates

Please Login or Signup to reply.