01 Aug, 07:39AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Club 30

Club 30's "Kill the Boredom Demon" Jive Pad 151st Edition

Subscribe to Club 30's "Kill the Boredom Demon" Jive Pad 151st Edition 1,996 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    20,555 posts since Oct '07
    • Originally posted by cassie:

Happy New Year everyone. Off for brekkie and catching up with rest of crew here. Enjoy the hols!

25,382 posts since Jan '04
    • The chiefs of CNB and SCDF have been suspended pending the outcome of corruption investigations, apparently involving money and women.

According to TNP they were linked to the same woman.

And there I was, thinking that such things only happened up north.

30,064 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by fudgester:

The chiefs of CNB and SCDF have been suspended pending the outcome of corruption investigations, apparently involving money and women.

According to TNP they were linked to the same woman.

And there I was, thinking that such things only happened up north.

Fate has it that I was with alot of other HT officers during a gathering when this news came up... icon_lol.gif

Funny part was, Peter was always a person who goes strictly by the book... Total opposite of the pervious Comr... U cant really tell that a person so regimented, so strict would actually be corrupted...

Then again, shyt starts happening once Peter took over Comr... Allowance and bonus criteria became much stricter... Alot of changes... Perhaps it's within these changes that he got the chance to eat money (and maybe woman)...

• Well, to be clear, the investigations have only begun, and both men may well turn out to be innocent.

And I seriously hope that's the case, because otherwise we will have the biggest sh*tstorm of a corruption case. Ever.

The SLA embezzlement case is probably matchsticks compared to this.... these are the heads of our civil defence and drug enforcement agencies! icon_mad.gif

113,434 posts since Jun '04
    • morning

Back from upnorth...

Saw that news frudgie posted at upnorth...

Anyway at upnorth, relative scooped a lot of stories also... Anyway, wa laoz eh, came back using Woodlands... At JB tat side...

There's a traffic junction prior into entering their CIQ Cplx... There got their traffic mata hiding de... Always got SG car drivers flash headlight if ppl stop at the junction..

Always a lot kena humtum by the hiding police..

• Originally posted by fudgester:

Well, to be clear, the investigations have only begun, and both men may well turn out to be innocent.

And I seriously hope that's the case, because otherwise we will have the biggest sh*tstorm of a corruption case. Ever.

The SLA embezzlement case is probably matchsticks compared to this.... these are the heads of our civil defence and drug enforcement agencies! icon_mad.gif

Whether clear or not, they post has already been taken up by some other ppl le... and no, officially, it's taken over, not covering...

And depending on the amount and severity, the SLA might most likely be more severe...

but definately, head of CNB being corrupted is abit irony icon_lol.gif

On the side note, are they going to use pay not high enuff to deter corruption? oh wait, no wonder recently change their words, saying high pay is to attract talents, and not to deter corruption icon_lol.gif

• Perhaps in terms of money involved, this case won't be so serious.

However, it is the positions of the people involved that make it really, really serious.

They should be glad that this is not China, where corruption is dealt with a firing squad.

• The JB Customs is poorly designed...

The roads leading to JB CIQ is only 1 lane per vehicle type... So there's always lots of filtering nearing the CIQ...

Even at the traffic junction, the mata would hide instead of manually controlling the junction as like what the auxiliary police does at Woodlands.

• Anyway..

That case is pretty scary... High flier and one of once head of CID... Which deals w/ whatever dua taiji

• U know, the head of CNB most likely gonna relight ppl's rumour on CNB and CID is being corrupted by the underworld icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

43,014 posts since Oct '03
    • Originally posted by ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~:

U know, the head of CNB most likely gonna relight ppl's rumour on CNB and CID is being corrupted by the underworld icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Wu Jian dao? icon_lol.gif

Anyway, it's a good thing they are catching all these crooks.

MY only question is are the ministers and MPs being checked for corruption as well? I do not believe everyone sitting in parliament is clean.

• Originally posted by av98m:

Wu Jian dao? icon_lol.gif

Anyway, it's a good thing they are catching all these crooks.

MY only question is are the ministers and MPs being checked for corruption as well? I do not believe everyone sitting in parliament is clean.

really~ those old folks always saying that within CID is really like wu jian dao...

Just tat no tony leung and andy lau icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

43,014 posts since Oct '03
    • Originally posted by ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~:

really~ those old folks always saying that within CID is really like wu jian dao...

Just tat no tony leung and andy lau icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Doesn't help that the CNB guy looks like a gangster even in his uniform.

7,456 posts since Aug '05
    • Originally posted by av98m:

Doesn't help that the CNB guy looks like a gangster even in his uniform.

icon_lol.gif

• At my relative's kampong..

The mata dun chap abt ppl playing firecrackers...

Anyway, upnorth govt gave dunno want license for ppl to sell firecrackers during CNY.. no takers

• wonder where's pinky bear

59,279 posts since Jun '04
    • Simi

Gong Xi Fa Cai sbst :)

Cassie - Do you know which brand of sports bra is better?

• Originally posted by sbst275:

Happy New Year Pinky Bear

got go upnorth visit relative?

No don't have

I many years bo le

• Aiyo

Met a long time never see relative who lives at Puchong... I asked during peak hrs, how long to get to KL by car..

He told me 20km, abt 1 hr +... -_-"

The MRT he say.. Think hard... ppl compain this and tat, govt no will to build...

• Originally posted by sbst275:

Aiyo

Met a long time never see relative who lives at Puchong... I asked during peak hrs, how long to get to KL by car..

He told me 20km, abt 1 hr +... -_-"

The MRT he say.. Think hard... ppl compain this and tat, govt no will to build...

err hard la their gov no $

• Do like PLUS lor. Get private to build.

Later end up funny contract.

Then since over dinner. Then say abt the JB customs dun install traffic camera let ppl see the traffic condition. One familiar w/ SG say yeah, the one in KL say cannot install. Later got kopi money makan away.

Please Login or Signup to reply.