25 Nov, 05:07AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Club 30

Club 30's "Kill the Boredom Demon" Jive Pad 154th Edition

Subscribe to Club 30's "Kill the Boredom Demon" Jive Pad 154th Edition 1,989 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    8,411 posts since Apr '05
    • Good morning.

I saw a shocker news that says Tom Onslow-Cole is moving from WSR to Team HARD for next BTCC season.

I reckon its the 6th time in the same number of years this talented driver is changing team!

113,434 posts since Jun '04
    31,417 posts since Mar '05
    25,382 posts since Jan '04
    • Had a really busy week last week.... my sister-in-law was getting married, and since my in-laws have no sons, much of the heavy sai kang fell on my shoulders.....

Anyway, the videographers (a couple of ah lians) were inappropriately dressed for the occasion. One was wearing shorts, and the other was wearing.... microshorts.

My mom-in-law berated them for that, and with good reason. Doesn't matter what kind of wedding it is. It can be a Malay, Chinese, Indian, church, or Temple of Jedi wedding..... but you do NOT wear shorts (let alone microshorts) to a wedding.

icon_mad.gif

149,791 posts since Feb '01
    30,172 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by the Bear:

sometimes, i wonder if people know what's going on around them...

some ppl are living in completely different dimension icon_lol.gif

Like $1.50 cai tao kway and mee siam got hum icon_lol.gif

24,120 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SBS2601D:

I wonder if they go to interviews in that attire too.teeth.png

They do, ask Fudge about that unsuccessful interview with Mendaki.

• Oh ya, reminds me of something:

My mom-in-law berated them for that, and with good reason. Doesn't matter what kind of wedding it is. It can be a Malay, Chinese, Indian, church, or Temple of Jedi wedding..... but you do NOT wear shorts (let alone microshorts) to a wedding.

For jedi's wedding, there will be bambi, 7 dwarfs and maybe fairy god-mothers as well participating now...

But seriously I cant imagine Lord Vader in disney... -___-

• Originally posted by Kuali Baba:

They do, ask Fudge about that unsuccessful interview with Mendaki.

Grrrrrrr.

After eight years, I still rage at the memory of losing an undergraduate scholarship to one of those Mats wearing a T-shirt, berms, and sandals to an interview. icon_mad.gif

Which reminds me that I gotta terminate my automatic CPF contributions to the Mosque Building and Mendaki Fund.

I would have had no issues with all of that money going to mosque building, upkeep, and maintenance...... but Mendaki? Pfft.

icon_mad.gif

• It reminds me that I'm still making a $5/mth contribution to community chest. But I reckon I can live with it.

13,150 posts since Dec '99
    24,120 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by X-men:

Who's working today? sad.png

Merry Christmas. I am.

• Originally posted by SBS2601D:

It reminds me that I'm still making a $5/mth contribution to community chest. But I reckon I can live with it.

Speaking of which, I wonder how serious benefit cheating is over here, even though we're not a welfare state nor do we give out food stamps. Or we make people jump through hoops to gain access to financial aid?

149,791 posts since Feb '01

Speaking of which, I wonder how serious benefit cheating is over here, even though we're not a welfare state nor do we give out food stamps. Or we make people jump through hoops to gain access to financial aid?

just ask around.. the people who turn up for financial aid invariably are holding on to expensive iPlanks, iBlocks or have very expensive and elaborate tattoos all over

From what I can tell (I know some people on the inside) there's a considerable amount of red tape to get financial assistance.

Then again, as Bear pointed out, there are plenty of supposedly poor people out there who are where they are because of extremely poor financial prudence or outright apathy.

I kinda recall a case in the news where a family had to stay in a tent at East Coast Park because the father turns down job offers and the mother smokes two packs a day (do the math....that's ~ $600/month).

Please Login or Signup to reply.