30 Mar, 08:49PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Club 30

Club 30's "Kill the Boredom Demon" Jive Pad 154th Edition

Subscribe to Club 30's "Kill the Boredom Demon" Jive Pad 154th Edition 1,989 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Moderator
    the Bear's Avatar
    149,697 posts since Feb '01
    • Originally posted by fudgester:

      Good morning.

      There are four cats in my house (plus another two regular visitors), and they've been scratching the furniture like crazy. icon_evil.gif

      We considered buying a proper scratching post for them, but damnit, the prices are just too crazy. 

      I'm seriously considering DIY-ing a cat scratching post. Hmmm.....

      get a pillar of wood, nail it to a flat piece of wood, weigh it down, wrap a pile of rope around the pillar of wood = scratching post

  • Moderator
    fudgester's Avatar
    25,382 posts since Jan '04
    • Yeah I've done the research. Some wood, some carpeting, some sisal rope, some engineering, and voila.... one cat scratching post.

      It's just the stability considerations that I'm concerned about. Gotta make the base wide and heavy.

  • cassie's Avatar
    47,966 posts since May '08
  • Kuali Baba's Avatar
    24,118 posts since Nov '03
  • cassie's Avatar
    47,966 posts since May '08
  • ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~'s Avatar
    31,257 posts since Oct '02
  • cassie's Avatar
    47,966 posts since May '08
  • ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~'s Avatar
    31,257 posts since Oct '02
    • It's getting really bad... >___>

      I have already used up quite alot of tissues... But I aint going off from work becoz I have a dinner appt tonight...

       

      And tat promises meat... ALOT of grilled meat :D~~~~

      Problem is how to tahan till then...

  • Moderator
    fudgester's Avatar
    25,382 posts since Jan '04
    • Basket..... it turns out that sisal rope is hard to come by in Singapore. Apparently the Army Market sells it, but it's oiled, and that will certainly repel away my cats. 

      I found an industrial supplier at Commonwealth, but he quoted me $160 for a coil. Basket, I might as well just buy a ready-made cat scratching post. icon_evil.gif

      The good news is that corrugated cardboard is just as attractive to cats as sisal rope is. Hmm.... looks as though I'll be doing experiments at home later tonight. icon_biggrin.gif

  • Kuali Baba's Avatar
    24,118 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by fudgester:

      Basket..... it turns out that sisal rope is hard to come by in Singapore. Apparently the Army Market sells it, but it's oiled, and that will certainly repel away my cats. 

      I found an industrial supplier at Commonwealth, but he quoted me $160 for a coil. Basket, I might as well just buy a ready-made cat scratching post. icon_evil.gif

      The good news is that corrugated cardboard is just as attractive to cats as sisal rope is. Hmm.... looks as though I'll be doing experiments at home later tonight. icon_biggrin.gif

      That coil is probably massive enough to cover all the walls in your house. teeth.png 

  • ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~'s Avatar
    31,257 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by fudgester:

      Basket..... it turns out that sisal rope is hard to come by in Singapore. Apparently the Army Market sells it, but it's oiled, and that will certainly repel away my cats. 

      I found an industrial supplier at Commonwealth, but he quoted me $160 for a coil. Basket, I might as well just buy a ready-made cat scratching post. icon_evil.gif

      The good news is that corrugated cardboard is just as attractive to cats as sisal rope is. Hmm.... looks as though I'll be doing experiments at home later tonight. icon_biggrin.gif


      The rope... U can ask or prowl around industrial/factory area...

      There should be unwanted thick ropes around... but also most likely have been oiled...

  • Kuali Baba's Avatar
    24,118 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~:

      It's getting really bad... >___>

      I have already used up quite alot of tissues... But I aint going off from work becoz I have a dinner appt tonight...

       

      And tat promises meat... ALOT of grilled meat :D~~~~

      Problem is how to tahan till then...

      Such a shame if you can't taste the food properly with your cold.

  • ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~'s Avatar
    31,257 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by Kuali Baba:

      Such a shame if you can't taste the food properly with your cold.


      icon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gif

      Well, true... ... ... but I cancelled a movie appt for this dinner appt >__>

       

      Decision, decisions, decisions...

      Oh, plz show me a guiding light~

  • Moderator
    fudgester's Avatar
    25,382 posts since Jan '04
Please Login or Signup to reply.