24 Nov, 06:18AM in sunny Singapore!

Nice pics from Overseas .....

Subscribe to Nice pics from Overseas ..... 269 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    23,405 posts since Feb '06
    • NICEST PICTURES EVER!!! Laughing Laughing

From Harry Winston Gallery. Sorry laa if pics a bit blurry or wad... so crowded the place... got to push and squeeze just to get these pictures... Mr. Green

The legendary Hope Diamond...

Various jewelleries from past and present...

Mr. Green Mr. Green

11,930 posts since Jan '06
    23,405 posts since Feb '06
    117,532 posts since Dec '03
    • Need to be a queen or something to wear all these right? If not people will think they are fake Laughing

9,973 posts since Feb '05
    • Originally posted by TehJarVu:
      Need to be a queen or something to wear all these right?

No, just obscenely wealthy. Very Happy

103 posts since Nov '06

• Holy crap.
      Makes me wanna just rob the frickin' place and sell those lovelies.[/img]

8,328 posts since Dec '04
    34,548 posts since Aug '05
    8,328 posts since Dec '04
    11,930 posts since Jan '06
    24,118 posts since Nov '03
    103 posts since Nov '06
    • Well, I'd first like to apologize for being crappy at photography and being hexed by the curse of bad timing (always! Laughing )..so my pictures might not look um, 5 star. ^^;

Kuching, Malaysia
      {You don't have to travel far to enjoy the sights ok. Razz}

One morning in Kuching, Malaysia.
      My best friend was studying there in Swinburne University and I was there for a year with him. XD
      This isn't photoshopped or tampered with, and it's the most beautiful dawn I've seen till date...at least, at the convenience of your own home of course. :\

On a road trip to Sibu, Malaysia, about several hundred kms' away from Kuching. Try to remember that their roads were littered with pot holes and it was literally, like a roller coaster /\/\/\
      Yeah, so we got alot of road sickness, but the views along the way were so worth it cuz everywhere was frickin' lush greenery - like almost untouched, unbridled wilderness.
      Night time was scary cuz there was absolutely NO lights (not even those reflective road bump thingies you see on the roads in most countries) so we never knew where was a turn (until last min, right in front of the car) nor cliff. Plus nights were ALWAYS foggy - cannot see less than a metre away and even worse...raining!!
      I saw a topless auntie in one kampung area by the roadside at her balcony doing the morning laundry but that's a bit too wacko and lewd to put up and plus DUH I didn't (want to) take a picture!! @[email protected]

I know. It's just a derelict kampung right? Well, I think it's nice. In a rickety sort of way. Very Happy

Looks like the perfect setting for The Ring 3. Sadako coming out of the zen pond with the rock on her head.
      But seriously, there's something so calm and serene about it. Taken at Taman Bayada-something park. Forgot lah. I can't remember foreign names for nuts.

I took this because of the lizard but it came out looking pretty nice. At the Sarawak Cultural Village.

Traditional kampungs of the indigenous people of East Malaysia. I didn't know that the present Malays of Malaysia aren't the original people but immigrants. At the Sarawak Cultural Village, they have the history of the indigenous people of Malaysia. :\
      Btw...that staircase there was carved from just one log.

Interiors of the dwellings of just one of several indigenous cultures in that Cultural village.

A bridge of bamboo! Wow!

Melbourne, Australia
      Since this forum has so many Melbourne residing Singaporeans I don't think I need to post any like, scenery pics and so on...because I assume everyone's like been there, done that. Razz
      But I'll try to post some interesting pics.

Some big protest going on against the Iraq war & the whole Mid-east conflict. Seems to focus more on the Israel-Palestine conflict though.
      Interesting how they bring their kids along like its a Sunday picnic.

Look at the placard with Bush's face on it. My favourite part of the Protest picture series.

Marching to Flinders St Station.

Edited by GameGoddess 15 Feb `07, 3:17AM
    7,075 posts since Jan '07
    22 posts since May '07
      The view outside my apartment this January!

I would have more pics of other stuff but I lost most of my photos when my external hd crashed Sad

2,770 posts since Jan '05
    • Originally posted by Vaor:
      The view outside my apartment this January!

I would have more pics of other stuff but I lost most of my photos when my external hd crashed Sad

excellent pics..with love ones ..damn solid!

22 posts since May '07
    • More pics!!

My bf is working at Cedar Point in Ohio as a caricature artist over the summer, so when my family flew here for a visit we drove up there to see him... here are some pics of the scenery:

Some more here: http://ccad.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2005455&l=c3aa8&id=94100241

Edited by Vaor 31 May `07, 11:49AM
    9,973 posts since Feb '05
    • The nearby township of Rosemount is celebrating "Leprechaun Day" this weekend in recognition of its Irish heritage. The festivities began yesterday evening, and, despite the hot weather, the SO and I decided to head over there after work to see what was afoot.

Some random pictures from that little jaunt:

The plant in downtown Rosemount that processes animal feed, giving a nod to that town's agricultural roots.

One of the stands at the outdoor fair. Not sure what it was selling, though.

One of the concerts at the park's amphitheater. The band performing was called the Casablanca Orchestra and they were really groovin' through tunes from from the 50s and 60s.

A view of the amphitheater's audience.

Please Login or Signup to reply.