17 Jan, 12:56PM in sunny Singapore!

Useful Links

Subscribe to Useful Links 12 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    20,684 posts since Apr '05
    • Hey, for those out here in NA, I found this link :

http://mytasteofasia.com/

I made my order yesterday. I have tried Tean's Assam Fish paste (available at our Chinese grocers) and it is really good. Almost like Assam Nanas Pedas.

Apparently, the new name carried by this linky is Delimas. I have also ordered 'cos I wanna test the difference.

I have also tried the ketupat. I use it for satay as well as lontong. It's easy and convenient. And good too!

Check it out. Wink

side note to Mod : perhaps we can make this "sticky", so any useful links can be posted here? thanks. Wink

Edited by littlestream 11 Jan `08, 11:26PM
    11,930 posts since Jan '06
    • Originally posted by littlestream:
      Hey, for those out here in NA, I found this link :

http://mytasteofasia.com/

I made my order yesterday. I have tried Tean's Assam Fish paste (available at our Chinese grocers) and it is really good. Almost like Assam Nanas Pedas.

Apparently, the new name carried by this linky is Delimas. I have also ordered 'cos I wanna test the difference.

I have also tried the ketupat. I use it for satay as well as lontong. It's easy and convenient. And good too!

Check it out. Wink

[b]side note to Mod : perhaps we can make this "sticky", so any useful links can be posted here? thanks. Wink

[/b]

Your wish is my command. Very Happy Thanks for the links!

This link from Jetta. Thought I will post it as well.

Primarily Prima Taste products?

http://www.hcfoods.net/shop/

They have lots of other offerings besides Prima stuff. I haven't ordered from them for a while because our local 99 Ranch started carrying Prima.

Edited by jetta 12 Jan `08, 12:40AM
    • Originally posted by jetta:
      Your wish is my command. Very Happy Thanks for the links!

Thanks, jetta Wink

Hey, I ordered durian dodol also. Remember the Halls candy? The black coloured candy with red wrapper? Long time no eat. I ordered also. Only 99 cents US.

I think this company is based in Philidelphia. Seattle has another company, with paste like this but I can't find it. The sister company has an office here in Toronto but the link is not working. Don't know what happened.

They got hae mee and assam paste also. I tried the hae mee....m'sian style, got a bit thick. Sg hae mee, the soup pretty clear one right?

Then, their assam fish paste also not bad but Tean's brand is better. The broth is clearer. They carry the sambal for sambal eggs at nasi padang stall or can make sambal shrimps also.

We really don't have to miss sg food liao. Very Happy

• Question: how did you know that I was craving for hae mee, ah? After watching that episode on Singapore (Anthony Bourdain) it made me sooo gian for prawn mee soup.

Thanks for the link, streamie. Now I have access to Baba's curry powder. Baba's curry powder rocks!!!

Edited by jetta 12 Jan `08, 1:02AM
    • Oh yah? You keep raving about baba curry. I must check it out. Wink

and no prob. we share share mah!

thanks, jetta Wink but what me gonna do with all the spices? Laughing

Cook up a storm and send lots to me. Mr. Green

Please Login or Signup to reply.