22 Oct, 03:46PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Taxi Drivers

Fare=$5.20 "Uncle, $5 can anot?"

Subscribe to Fare=$5.20 "Uncle, $5 can anot?" 29 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    12,468 posts since Jun '10
    • No lah, i no paiseh one, even left 10 cents, I also take, cos restaurant different mah, they already got the 10% service charges, + 7% Gst, still give them??? knn, i got rental to pay ok.

Then can I ask pax for 10% SVC and 7% Gst  on top of the fare?? if so, I do not mind reject all other tips.

362 posts since Nov '05
    • I also not paiseh one. The reason all restaurants impose service charge is based on the reason many people don't give tips. TDs in Singapore are most underpaid. Sometimes try to make trip as pleasant for pax also useless. But one thing for sure, Airport with lugguage one I will bill first. If no tip you can take as long as you want to unload your lugguage. WTF are PAX expecting? I give them bellboy service for free? I know some will have the TD integrity code. For me, buay paiseh one since many pax also buay paiseh. Can always find another cab charge only standard fare and also throw in free handjob. Practicality first. The revenue earned has no buffer for service excellence. LTA extra revenue from TDs also don't make this job anything to celerbrate for. Enough to put food on the table. 

Give me 10% service charge and I will greet you twice throughout the journey, unload your lugguages and smile at you cumulatively for not less than 3 secs.

1,023 posts since Sep '09
    • Look carefully at your taxi fare decal pasted on the left rear side window. Cumfark clearly stated luggage assistance is at cabby's discretion. We happy we help, we not happy or shoulder arm body problem, no need to assist.

Next time pax buay song, ask them to read the fine print.

12,468 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by Serpent33:

I also not paiseh one. The reason all restaurants impose service charge is based on the reason many people don't give tips. TDs in Singapore are most underpaid. Sometimes try to make trip as pleasant for pax also useless. But one thing for sure, Airport with lugguage one I will bill first. If no tip you can take as long as you want to unload your lugguage. WTF are PAX expecting? I give them bellboy service for free? I know some will have the TD integrity code. For me, buay paiseh one since many pax also buay paiseh. Can always find another cab charge only standard fare and also throw in free handjob. Practicality first. The revenue earned has no buffer for service excellence. LTA extra revenue from TDs also don't make this job anything to celerbrate for. Enough to put food on the table. 

Give me 10% service charge and I will greet you twice throughout the journey, unload your lugguages and smile at you cumulatively for not less than 3 secs.

And worst, bell boy open door only, they give $2 to $10 tip to bellboy, but cabby lan lan got nothing, and then bellboys pull their bags to their room also get another tip, cabby lan lan go one round,  Q up and wait for the next pax.

Edited by bowah 18 Jan `12, 10:45AM
Please Login or Signup to reply.