24 Apr, 04:50AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Taxi Drivers

Speed Camera @ Upper Thomson Towards Lornie.

Subscribe to Speed Camera @ Upper Thomson Towards Lornie. 37 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    5,236 posts since May '12
    3,369 posts since Sep '04
    312 posts since Nov '06
    1 post since Jan '13
    • Last sat I was heading back home from bugis. Took the wrong route and end up at kje. Road was clear so i try a bit of luck there with the car at ard 3am plus. Heard there is TP hideout area but on that day got Thaipusam event also. Now thinking whether get caught or not. Sian. 

39,696 posts since Oct '03
    • As for this speed camera , i really dun think the Speed Camera will activate if it is on Green Light .

It will only activate on RED lights if u tried to beat the red light ! 

They will put you to 2 charges .

One for beating the traffic light and another for speeding .

12pts +12pts  , bye bye .

because i have a certain formula , traditional successful formula to beat red light , if such antic is used , then more accidents will occurs there .

because the momentum had changed for most drivers !!

• It is very normal for me to accelerate after the last second arrow .

Before a junction , there will be 3 arrows .

last third i will slow down , foot on brake , step brake if light turned amber , by full stop line , my car will stop , 100% will stop in time !!!! 

If last second light still on Green , i will accelerate gradually , safe , 100% safe . Gurantee above 60km/hr .

But below 80km/hr . 

• I strongly believe that Speed Camera is a dummy ..... take no chances though .

Edited by Poolman 01 Feb `13, 2:07AM

Edited by Poolman 01 Feb `13, 3:16AM
    2,253 posts since May '11
    • Since 2012 ame type of camera was installed in No of USA and Europe city 

Here is some news about it:
      http://www.13abc.com/story/18824447/2012/06/19/new-red-light-cameras-getting-installed-in-toledo

New red light cameras being installed in Toledo

The city is putting up nearly a dozen new red light and speed cameras at intersections across Toledo.

Eleven cameras are going up at six intersections. They're all expected to be in operation within the next two weeks.

The new ones will bring the total number of red light cameras in Toledo to 44.

Construction crews for Redflex, the red light camera company, are in the process of installing the cameras in Toledo.

"Some of them will be red light only, some will be speed only, some will be a combination," says Sgt. Joe Heffernan with the Toledo Police Department.

The locations include Reynolds and Bancroft, Secor and Alexis, Alexis and Whitmer, Collingwood and Dorr, the Trail between the Zoo and South, and Cherry and Delaware.

"Once people know that the cameras are up at those locations, they tend to slow down and drive a little more safely and that's really what this is all about," says Heffernan.

Some drivers complain it's a money grab by the city.

Red light camera tickets have generated millions for the city since they started going up ten years ago.

In 2010, the city collected approximately $788,000 from red light camera tickets.

In 2011, the city collected more than one million dollars. Already in 2012, the city has collected approximately $348,000.

"To those people who say it's just about the money, all I've got to tell them is you just need to slow down, drive the speed limit, not run red lights and you don't have to worry about paying any tickets," says Heffernan.

Toledo City Council is expected to vote Tuesday on the new proposed contract with Redflex. There has been no debate so it is essentially a formality. The contract includes giving the city 75 percent share from fines. That's an increase from years past.

• [联合晚报]驾车者违例闯红灯越闯越猛,交警出新电眼,更快取缔违例者!

http://news.omy.sg/News/Local-News/Xin-Yi-Dai-Dian-Yan-Geng-Kuai-Qu-Di-Chuang-Hong-Deng-Si-Ji-134504#prettyPhoto

新一代电眼,除了反应更快和拍出更清晰的照片外,还能让交警就算不到现场,也能“遥控”取得所拍的照片,能更迅速地展开取缔行动。

据《联合晚报》了解,交警已经在两个地点,测试3个新一代电眼,其中两个新电眼在汤申路上段,第三个在维多利亚街。

晚报摄影记者上周在汤申路上段、靠近汤申大厦路段,拍到交警正在测试新款电眼。现场所见,汤申路上段的电眼共有两个。

如果测试成功,交警预料会在更多地点安装新一代电眼。

120 posts since Oct '03
    21 posts since Nov '12
    • I think I kenna the 1 at Victoria St.went thru n saw 2 flashes but light was green. Travelling ard 80km can get summon or they r juz testing? any advise?

Please Login or Signup to reply.